main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah, apologies anyone who saw it, I thought I was being vague enough to not need it.

2. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    I'm cautious about Obi-Wan. I have some concerns that he may be out of character, or not about him, or just will plain suck. If its just 90% Reva and Inquisitors and 1% Obi-Wan, I'll be pissed. I don't know what'll happen, but I'm just being worried. I feel like the hype I put in myself may be wasted by a bad show.

3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 17X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    He will most definitely be out of character. He is in hiding. His message “Stay Hidden” tells it all. If he doesn’t, he will attract unwanted attention and put Luke in danger. We are promised a rematch with Vader and that is damn good enough for me.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

This might be the cutest video of all time

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  5. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I think it will probably be best to assess it all as one work when it ends. They needed some different locations and support characters. It can’t only be about Obi-Wan on Tatooine. How would you feel if the ratio for the show was 40% focus on Obi-Wan, 20% on Inquisitors, 20% on Vader, and 10% on other supporting characters we know have ties to Kenobi in different ways and another 10% on new characters we’ve never met? I don’t know the ratio. I don’t think anyone does but this is what I’m suspecting is most likely.

VaderBoyee likes this.
  6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Ha, that kid is awesome [face_laugh] I suppose we’re going to see him around here in 10-15 years?

wobbits, Bor Mullet and Deliveranze like this.
  7. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Seeing Hayden on the interview circuit is really waking me up to the fact that the span of time that's passed since we last saw him portray Anakin/Vader is 1 year more than the wait between ROTJ and TPM. Holy smokes.

My expectations will always be tempered but I am getting really excited to see Ewan and Hayden reprise their roles, shockingly more than seeing Mark and Harrison again in TFA.

8. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    That’s crazy to think about. Because I was a kid when ROTJ came out and an adult when TPM came out the gap seemed so much more dramatic. I think I’m most happy for the children of the prequel era right now. I’m excited but I can only imagine what it would feel like if I had childhood nostalgia attached to this also.

Blame_It_On_Lucas likes this.
  9. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    The show is going to be amazing….and it cannot have enough Obi Wan Kenobi. Even if they make the show 100% Kenobi in Tatooine it would be amazing. Imagine him in the planet surviving the rigors of the dessert, meditating, and trying to cope with his loss….if Tom Hanks could do Castaway, Ewan can do a 100% Kenobi.

But anyway, there is going to be a nice mix with lots of action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glitterstimm likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Found Thomas I think at 4:37 :p

11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    The S-foils are mounted backward, and the Taim & Bak KX9 laser cannons are supposed to point forward. :-B :p

12. Kylo5

Kylo5 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2020
    1 more day until we reunite with obi wan kenobi and anakin skywalker (hayden version) for the first time in 17 years (live action). if i traveled back to 2005 and told myself this would be happening in 2022, i wouldnt believe it.

17 years building up to this.

13. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    My best SW memory was watching ROTS in a theater for the first time when I was 8 years old. Tomorrow will be like that same feeling!

14. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    One more day 'til Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan
    One more day 'til Obi-Wan
    Silver Mynock

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Where did they find that kid? He’s hilarious. And Hayden was great (and I suspect not kidding at all when he said it was the best interview he’s ever had).

Count Yubnub, wobbits and Deliveranze like this.
  16. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Just out my bed here in Scotland so that can mean only 1 thing..............1 more sleep !!!!

17. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    24 HOURS Until Obi-Wan Kenobi is Released! :D^:)^=D=[face_dancing][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party]:obiwan::vader::anakin::luke:

Fun Fact #28: OBI-WAN ******* KENOBI IS RELEASING TOMORROW! IT’S HERE!!!! IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!!! :_| AND I’M SOOOOOOOO DAMN EXCITED I CAN BARELY BREATHE!!!!!!! [face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party] IT’S TIME TO PARTY YOU GUYS!!!!!! THE WAIT IS OVER!!!! [face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that Fun Fact is 100% accurate….

…just like all the other Fun Facts!!!! :cool:

19. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    It’s gamedayyyyyyyyyy

Deliveranze and DarthKegs like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Guys, guys, guys! It's the day before The Day.
    Tomorrow is actually the long-awaited... Tomorrow™.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    All the false starts, all the disappointments, all the waaaaaaaaaaaiting… has led to this! :D

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    To think, it's been almost a decade since the LFL sale, and the announcement of stand alone movies. Speculation of a Kenobi movie started almost immediately, and it's probably been the most wished-for project in fandom ever since.
    Due to all the false rumors, I personally refused to believe it would happen for a couple of years leading up to the announcement, and it never seemed quite real until the trailers.

Tomorrow it'll be here. Finally.
    What a day to be a Star Wars fan.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m excited.

Siphonophore likes this.
  24. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I really hope they nail this series. For the sake of the long suffering PT fans. They deserve something nice after all the crap they took over the years!

After BOBF, I am extremely disillusioned with SW so will probably skip this in favor of Stranger Things. Not because I prefer it, but I'll wait to see what the consensus is :cool:

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  25. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977 when I was 6 years old and have went through the long periods when we thought there would never again be any SW content getting made. So here I am living what at one time was only a fantasy. I will NEVER skip anything Star Wars, it means way too much to me to even contemplate that idea. Sure some of it has been below par, BoBF being one of those but that happens in almost all franchises.
    I'll be watching Star Wars till the day I become one with the force.