main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Tomorrow around this time many us have already seen or going to watch the first to episodes of this show. Who would have guess in 2005 to ever see Ewan and Hayden again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm fortunate to be in California, so should be able to watch the premiere and still get to sleep by 2am, plan is to watch ROTS right before.

My anticipation feels weird compared to previous Disney era releases. Obi-wan hasn't had a promotional campaign on par with the ST films and the overall hype is comparatively small, but to me, the projects feel similar. We are getting a direct continuation of Lucas' films, and legacy actors are returning to play their characters, even John Williams has returned, though in a smaller role. Lucas was careful to construct his films like serialized sci-fi shows he grew up with (their watchability on cable tv is testament to that) so from a certain point of view this will be a return to form, albeit without commercials.

The big question in my mind (I'm still almost completely spoiler-free) is how much this will build off of TCW, how much it will be part of the "Filoni-verse," or whether it will stand mostly alone alongside the PT and OT, like the ST stood alone alongside the OT. Either way it will be fascinating.

More than anything else I'm excited for lightsabers, for the battle between light side and dark side.

Kato Sai likes this.
  3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Probably the last two Avengers movies for me. The level of excitement for me was unmatched by anything I had ever felt.

Sproj and starfish like this.
  4. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I think the episodes will be around 40 minutes each

Christopher Blair likes this.
  5. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I wonder if there's anyone zany enough to skip the first episode right out of the gate, just to be the only person outside of the studio to watch the second episode before everyone else gets to it.... and then go back to watch the first one.
    It might be sort of like watching the OT, having questions about what happened, and then getting some insight by watching the PT.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    Bor Mullet and Glitterstimm like this.
  6. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003

I'll just say I got "After Today" energy going on right now

Can't wait to see Ewan put on the robes again and hear JWs new theme.

7. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Excitement is at its highest for me right now... I think I'll have to avoid the forum until tomorrow night, when I can sit down and watch Kenobi with my focus set to it. It's only been like a couple of decades of anticipation for this, I should be able to wait one more day! (I think)

8. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    Can't wait! I'm going on a social media blackout until after work tomorrow and then I will sit down and watch. My body is ready.

9. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Speaking of Filoni I wonder if any discussion between Anakin and Obi-Wan will reference Ahsoka at all. I’m not suggesting it would be a long discussion but there could be a way for them to name drop her in a way that felt natural. I really want some meaningful dialogue to come out between them when they confront each other and there’s opportunities there to incorporate new developments in the comics and obviously Ahsoka within that dialogue in a fairly natural way. In the Soule comics it was clear how obsessive Vader was becoming about trying to bring Padme back. He was still young and naive enough to believe it would happen. Unlike later in ANH where it seems like he’s perhaps accepted it won’t happen and I’d love to hear some of that come out in this timeline also. Let’s face it. When ANH was made George didn’t have Padme in mind as a big part of the plot but the prequels changed that and now is the time to use that more.

IMAGINE A CONFRONTATION OF SOME KIND A LITTLE LIKE THIS:

KENOBI: Oh, Anakin. What has Palpatine done to you?

ANAKIN: Don’t you dare speak of the Emperor in this way. You did this to me! You left me to burn! If it were not for the Emperor I wouldn’t be alive and now, through the power of the dark side, I will finish you.

KENOBI: There hasn’t been a moment since I left you that I didn’t regret what happened. But you left me with no choice, Anakin. I’m sorry.

ANAKIN: That name has no meaning to me and spare me your apology. Leaving me there was the only important lesson you ever taught me. You taught me the power of my vengeance has no end.

KENOBI: How can you be so blind?! Palpatine saw your protective instincts and has used them to corrupt you.

ANAKIN:
    No. It was the Jedi who used me. All their training and for what? They wouldn’t even allow me to protect my own mother. My own wife! She was pregnant! I was to be a father! The Emperor has helped me fulfill my destiny. I am now protector of the entire galaxy and soon I will be reunited with Padme.

KENOBI: Anakin, she’s gone.

ANAKIN: Temporarily. Your powers are no match for the Emperor’s. He knows the secrets of life and death. Soon, Padme will be back by my side and when she is we will rule the galaxy forever.

KENOBI: You’re wrong. Seeing what you became broke her heart. It was the light in you she loved. What we all loved. It was you who gave up on her. On us. On Ahsoka. On the Jedi. On the best parts of you. Anakin, there’s more to life than power.

ANAKIN: Let me show you what I have learned about power. Those with it can do as they wish. And now… I wish for you to experience the same pain I felt on Mustafar.

10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  11. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    I only now looked at the writer’s room team. Folks, we are in good hands. Some of the film highlights that the people in the writers room wrote in their careers include:

Ryan Gosling’s Drive film.
    Tom Cruise’s Collateral film.
    Toy Story 2
    Finding Nemo
    Wall.E
    The Willow remake
    And also people who were involved with John Wick Parabellum and Edge of Tomorrow

It’s honestly a great mix of people who know thematic storytelling, character work, who write good dialogue, good action, and the odd joke to cut tension. We are in good hands.

12. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I want an Inquisitor to wield two disc sabers and say “Kenobi!” In a General Grevious pitch. :D

13. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Awesome.

The only way they can get Battersea Power Station to look even more impressive is if they do a General Grevious show promo.

[​IMG]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  14. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Harrison Ford is at Celebration. John Williams played music from both Kenobi AND Indian Jones new movie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus - we are getting ANOTHER new show - Skeleton Crew....in 2023!!!!!!!!!!!

It stars JUDE LAW....and is set in Mando era!!!

15. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Or, further convert it to look like this:
    [​IMG]

16. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Jude Law?! He was amazing in Repo Men and Gattica!

17. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Battersea gentrification complete.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Does it involve anyone from the "Boba Fett" writing team?

19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Boba Fett had writers?!?!

cwustudent, Kato Sai and Count Yubnub like this.
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

21. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Side note: while we're all excited about the upcoming Obi-Wan show as well as the Andor trailer, Disney also released a trailer today for their upcoming Willow sequel series. Go check it out, it's pretty great.

22. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    It looks pretty good. Admittedly, I haven't seen Willow all the way through. I might have to go back and give it a watch.

cwustudent and Count Yubnub like this.
  23. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    From what I can tell…. No. Also no Mandalorian involvement beyond Chow herself.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Ewan says "hello there"

Jon Williams plays The Kenobi Theme

Psych_Jedi likes this.
  25. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    All classic John Williams themes have at least 3 motifs that immediately hook and that performance had like 5 for me so I’m thrilled. Sounds awesome.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.