main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts *Official* Young Jedi Adventures Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DLCV, May 27, 2022.

1. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Will I watch this or will I not. Hmm that’s the question

3. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think this is very likely what Tales of the Jedi ended up as

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Um… no. Tales of the Jedi is a completely separate show and has its own panel tomorrow.

PymParticles and rocknroll41 like this.
  5. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    I’m excited for this! Really hope Reath Silas, or Vernestra Rwoh, or Keene Trannis get featured.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Meh….

I prefer HRs first screen appearance being something that isn’t aimed at a very young audience.

With Tales of the Jedi being an anthology, I hope to see some episodes set in the HR era that are allowed to be darker then this childrens show.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is this going to be animated or live-action? I assume animated?

8. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Oh, really? Glad to be wrong.

I doubt I'll watch it, but this project sounds really cool. The High Republic era seems perfect for a kids' show about Jedi. It'll be interesting to see when it's set, given the era spans such a long time.

I hope they make use of some of the neglected council members who have concept art but nothing to do.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    A new class of aspiring Jedi younglings are set to enter The High Republic next year.

As announced on the Star Wars LIVE! Stage at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim today, Young Jedi Adventures is coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior in the spring of 2023.

The first full-length animated Star Wars series created for preschoolers, early grade schoolers, and their families, these original stories will follow Younglings as they are swept off into adventures, and start their journeys on the path to becoming Jedi Knights, learning valuable skills for our galaxy and the galaxy far, far away. The Jedi-in-training will tackle topics of compassion, self-discipline, teamwork, patience, and friendship.

The new series will be part of the era known as the High Republic, set centuries before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and currently being explored in the New York Times bestselling series of books and comics for all ages, Star Wars: The High Republic.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-young-jedi-adventures

Count Yubnub likes this.
  10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    awesome, I’m way behind on the high republic content, but what I have read has been really enjoyable

11. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Since this also seems to be about a group of kids, I can understand why it got mixed up with Grammar Rodeo/ Skeleton Crew.

Either way, I’m excited for both! I know this one is for preschoolers, but any new HR content is welcome imo.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    more info
    "This show centers on a group of Younglings who, their entire life, they've grown up in the Jedi temple on Coruscant," executive producer and showrunner Michael Olson revealed during the Celebration announcement. "And Master Yoda realizes that it's time for them to get some real life experience out in the field, putting their Jedi lessons into practice. So he sends them into different outpost temples in the Outer Rim, and together, they go on adventures saving the day and helping other people."

on animation

rocknroll41 and VexedAtVohai like this.
  13. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
  14. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    If this is aimed at pre-schoolers, then I’m less interested. I was kinda hoping this would have more the tone of something like Rebels. As it is, I’m struggling to get through Resistance.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    from reddit
    -It’s a show for “small children” and is meant to “instill values like compassion, self-discipline, teamwork, friendship, patience, empathy, and optimism.”

-Yoda will appear

-The style will be informed by “Little Golden Books” and the hand brushed texture of children’s books—but will FEEL like Star Wars. Much thought has been put into making the show an experience for kids and parents together.

-Will be cgi but with a 2d feel, akin to Tangled the Animated Series, and The Lions Guard

-“Parents, if you’re listening—you can watch this show and actually enjoy it. There’ll be little things thrown in there for you. You’ll be like— did they just? And we really did.”

16. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    [​IMG]

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I recall was talk that Lucas was considering making a TCW spinoff from the Young Jedi arc.

this is 2nd attempt at young Jedi show....was eventually coming and even Marvel/DC making pre-school/kiddie shows too.
    seems like all these brands and others want to create new fans at early age.

Mostly Handless and 2Cleva like this.
  18. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I'll take anything over Cocomelon at this point. My 3 year could watch this lol.

starocean90 and 2Cleva like this.
  19. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah its a great business move.

I'm personally glad it will be in the High Republic era so it won't be strongly related to any of the GL/Filoni SW stories.

Yeah - perfect for little kids. If mine were that young it'd be great for them to watch.

Caillou was the one I couldn't stand. That little boy whined too much!

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and because we know they won't be butchered or hunted down, makes for a better viewing.
    I recall topic of fate of those TCW Youngling=likely grim thing

I'm curious if any of the younglings is future master's master's master etc of any PT Jedi.
    find topic of Jedi Genealogy very interesting.

21. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    This is a great point.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm, helping younglings learn the ways of the Force? I wonder if we'll see a certain instructor from another show make the leap to animation-
    [​IMG]

23. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    This is interesting. Not so much because I am interested in this show in particular but because it kind of makes me think the Tales of the Jedi series very well may go way back into the past. As I would have figured that something like this would be part of the 'Tales' series if Tales was just going to cover already known eras.

We'll find out tomorrow. Will be interesting though to see if any characters from the books make cameos in this.

24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The much rumored THR animated series. I'm clearly not the target audience but I'd like to see the animation style first before judging it.

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This sounds cute. It's not for me, but that's fine - not everything needs to be. There's room in Star Wars for movies and TV aimed at all kinds of demographics, not all of which will have four-quadrant appeal. Star Wars is for everyone, but not all of it will be for everybody, and that's okay. I'll still check it out, because... Star Wars :p

Caillou is the second worst thing Canada has ever created after Hawaiian pizza. I positively detested that show as a kid.