main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Official Dave Filoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think he's saying that he "ships" Rian Johnson and Jan Dodonna.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No, everyone knows that ship's called Jan Dodonson.

3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Kevin Costner in Miami?

Lulu Mars and TCF-1138 like this.
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I want us to include Rihanna in this conversation, can we? Rihanna Don Johnson

2Cleva and Lulu Mars like this.
  6. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    [​IMG]

Lulu Mars and DarthFixxxer like this.
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Every time I see Dave Filoni speak about Star Wars and George Lucas, my faith in the future of the franchise is restored just a little bit more.

The way that he described the whole process that culminated in the "The Jedi" episode in "The Mandalorian" made my heart feel warmer. He described how he came up with a moment, and that moment was Ahsoka being able to communicate with the kid without speaking, which within a few months became the scene with the moon, the forest, the trees, Din Djarin, Ahsoka and Grogu (one of the best scenes in all of Star Wars if you ask me). And the feeling of making new Star Wars, was the best feeling that he has ever had. And it never stops, it is always the same when he makes new Star Wars and sees the results.

That, along with his full praise of George Lucas and how GL created this magnificent universe and lets everyone else play in his sandbox, made me appreciate Filoni even more than before so, and I already appreciated him as much as possible.

Dave also said that he did kind of include wolves in his shows and it was his little personal touch, but that his appearance in "The Mandalorian" as a republic pilot was actually decided by Jon Favreau, who insisted on it. He then joked about how he would do it if they also made Rick and Deborah play republic pilots, and Jon Favreau did not fully realize that he was joking, so it happened [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  8. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002

Was definitely a good interview. I especially noted Favreau making sure at the end to tell the audience that all of these projects are the work of Filoni's storyline. With Filoni's "worship?" of Lucas - SW fans will get the closest thing to what "the creator" (Filoni's words iirc) intended.

No question who has the keys over any SW content on screen. Seeing more content with characters of old plus new is perfect as a fan.

[​IMG]

No need to move timeline to stay away from the Skywalkers - they will continue to be integral to the story and respected as well.

wobbits and DarthFixxxer like this.
  9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Dave Filoni is most definitely the one who determines how all the major storylines will pan out in the various Star Wars projects right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he has had a lot of input on Andor and the Acolyte as well. I take it for granted that he has talked for hours and hours with Deborah Chow about Kenobi. But Jon Favreau is also amazing, and respects Filoni's knowledge and vision. They are an amazing duo.

Chris_Fives, RetropME and 2Cleva like this.
  10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I appreciate Dave's involvement in bringing back Vader/Hayden to Obi Wan.
    They definitely feel like Star Wars to me. I think worship is a strong word but listening to Filoni talk I believe he "gets" Lucas more than anyone else. He went to bat for Vader being in Obi Wan because he understood the emotional relevance to a broken down Obi Wan which is something I think George would definitely see.

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Agreed with all points.

I've followed all reports and felt confident I this was the situation. Now with this and the recent Hollywood Reporter features/interviews I can finally relax as a SW and trust they know what they're doing.

Agreed. Reverence would have been a better choice of words than worship. No offense intended.

You nailed it on feeling like Star Wars again.

DarthFixxxer and wobbits like this.
  12. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Reverence is perfect.

RetropME, DarthFixxxer and 2Cleva like this.
  13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

And this is why my respect for Dave Filoni continues to grow.
    As well as my respect for Hayden and Ewan, who have both praised George Lucas numerous times these last few weeks.

RetropME, wobbits and Chris_Fives like this.
  14. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    The man knows what he is doing.. if you are ever in doubt, go watch one more time to that monologue during Disney Galley roundtable after Mano season 1 where he talks about Duel of the Fates.. everybody on set were hypnotized not to mention me watching it! =D==D==D=

15. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    My faith in Dave has begun to sour, with each sloppy, vapid, fan-serviced attempt at waving the Original Trilogy around. Personally I think it's more Favreau's work. When I saw the close to unprofessional junk attempt at de-aging Luke, when better technology was available but Favreau nixed it, I became worried. Hasn't done anything to dissuade that. What once worked so well in CGI animated form is simply not transferring well to live action, and the stories are drawn out and unfocused.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we know that? I am not doubting you I just have never heard that

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That was in the Special Edition of the BTS roundtable series where they show the show runners being offered much better options and higher quality FX but constantly say no to it all in front of the camera.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Man, you have a weird way of showing appreciation.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah of course

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The better technology that they stated looked good but that they didn't manage to get in high enough resolution for it to work, due to the show being released in 4K? That better technology?

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    What part of "losing faith" was unclear?

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    To Todd's point... what part of "Appreciation Thread" was unclear?

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Dave Filoni is the best thing to happen to LFL and George Lucas best hire.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I appreciate that Dave Filoni wrote and directed the Twilight of the Apprentice episode in Rebels providing us with that brilliant Vader vs. Ahsoka duel; which in effect became the template for the Obi-Wan vs. Vader duel that is currently being heralded as one of the most iconic moments in Star Wars.

25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    It's that time of the year again, when something "new Star Wars made by Filoni" comes out.

After watching the 6 Tales Of The Jedi episodes, I am even more convinced that Dave is the one person that knows exactly how to make me feel the same that I felt when watching any of the 6 Star Wars classic movies. He captures the quintessence of Star Wars perfectly in my opinion, and I would love to see dozens more of these animated shorts if possible.

Count Yubnub, Glitterstimm and 2Cleva like this.