main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Was it “abusing” the leitmotifs when they played Imperial march for Vader in Rogue One, or when they played Leia’s theme in the ST? I don’t think so. I don’t think they should be playing the OT/PT scores constantly, but I’d like to hear it at least a little bit. Right now it sounds like a fan film where the creators didn’t play the hits because they were worried about it getting copyright-flagged by an algorithm or something.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The big motifs might have more impact if they save them for the most important moments... which I doubt took place in the first half of the series, rather than the conclusion.

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It's not divisive. It's just underwhelming so far.

JeeediMoriah likes this.
  4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I kind of hope that we’re saving up motifs for the last episodes…

It’s just I’ve been spoiled by Göransson’s work on The Mandalorian and even The Book of Boba Fett. That dude doesn’t have the patience to hold back on his motifs - Bo-Katan hadn’t been on screen for more than five minutes before her motif had been repeated enough times we could all identify it.

Sarge and Shaak Ti like this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I have a great theory that Palpatine wrote the Imperial March and we haven’t heard it yet because Palpy doesn’t write it until the OT.

6. sxnofthesuns

sxnofthesuns Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    Yep, I was so excited when I heard it because I love that arc in the Republic comics! It was a huge moment for Anakin, and one of my favorite storylines from the MMP. I'm just happy they're bringing the planet back in some form. I'm also hoping we see some flashbacks there.

Huncrweo likes this.
  7. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Was this the one that introduced Assassin droids and ARC Trooper Alpha?

8. sxnofthesuns

sxnofthesuns Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    Same set of comics, but different arc. Jabiim was where he was fighting with a group of Padawans who had all lost their Masters in battle. At the time he thought Obi-Wan had been killed too. The Republic eventually had to retreat from the planet and Anakin was the only one of the Padawans who survived.

cwustudent and DannyD like this.
  9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The Grand Inquistor is not dead...he's just sleeping..he's very tired.

With regards to the lack of alien diversity...I am lumping this in with the lack of spaceship diversity and calling it Background Diversity. They really needed to plan a little better on that. Pony up some money up front to create some alien prosthetics...even just body paint for species like Mirialans or Pantorans. Enough so they can mix it up from planet to planet, town to town.

Same with spaceships...they should have CGIed a bunch of models up front that can just be reskinned from spaceport to space port. Like a blank Counselor-class that can be reskinned from episode to episode so it does not always look like the exact same Consular everytime it is seen. LIke the passenger liners in Kenobi of in BoBF having differing markings like they are for different companies and even different models being seen in the spaceports.

I think we should also see more Imperial Capital ships over more populated worlds like Daiyu....when they show the establishing shot have a Star Destroyer moving across the screen over the planet. So that an Imperial presence is seen as more than just a bunch of Stormtroopers on the streets. CGI other classes of Imperial ships as well...kind of showing how Important a world may be. Like showing a couple Dreadnoughts or a Glasiator over Mapuzo.

JeeediMoriah, Sarge and Glitterstimm like this.
  10. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Why are people saying there's a "lack of alien diversity?" I keep seeing this come up but I just don't get it as a criticism becuase it does'nt align at all with what I've actually seen from the show.

Like yeah, whatever, that one street in Mos Whateverhead had no aliens on it, sure. But did you guys even see the second and third episodes, lol? We've seen plenty of aliens - including a bunch of new ones; that was literally the first thing I noticed when Obi-Wan arrived on Daiyu.

And most of the spaceships we've seen have been new designs as well.

11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    With as many species in the GFFA...you would think they would be a little more prevalent than what is shown.

As far as ships I think I would seeing more spaceports having a lot of different classes would also give the world more depth like what was shown with Leia on Alderaan. And I don't just want new ships...but the old ones as well. In an establishing shot for a spaceport I think we should see maybe 8-12 ships...and not all the same class.

JeeediMoriah and K2771991 like this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It's Snoke culture run amok I tell ya!

K2771991 likes this.
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    We literally got a mole person driving a space truck.

14. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Haha we fans do better saves than the staff of Lucasfilm.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  15. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    The Imperial March is, in-universe, the Imperial Anthem. So would'nt playing it every time Vader shows up be kind of like playing Horst-Wessel-Lied ever time Red Skull showed up? Kinda tacky, if you ask me, lol.

I mean, not every Star Wars product is going to have a specific set ration of Humans to aliens (not to mention Humans seem to be the dominant species in the GFFA anyway, for whatever reason) - nor, would I argue, should it; in real life you can go to any specific city in my home country - one of the most diverse on the planet - and have entire neighborhoods dominanted by one demographic, while others have mixed demographics very different from the one next over.

The only spaceport we've seen so far as been has a closeup from outside the terminal.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Total fanservice is great when there is substance. What this show occasionally lacks in production it makes up for with plenty of meat. I adored the little conversation about family Leia and Ben. The nod to Vos is up there to. Wonder if he'll show up and be the new Fennic Shand popping up here and The Bad Batch this season. Who cares if the end of the season was changed. Stories and ideas change for whatever reason. As long as we get more like this its fine.

Erkan12 and Kato Sai like this.
  17. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Since there's rumours about a second season of Obi-Wan, I have some predictions.
    • Basic premise: Obi-Wan leaves Tatooine to rescue Owen after he is enslaved by the Hutts.
    • Obi-Wan is captured by the Hutts and they try to sell him to the Empire in exchange for a bounty.
    • Darth Maul and Crimson Dawn are embroiled in these events.
    • Maul fights Kenobi.
    • After the Inquisitors spot Maul, Kenobi and Owen flee amidst the chaos.
    • Maul fights Darth Vader and the Inquisitors.
    • Obi-Wan and Owen return to Tatooine.
    • Maul escapes but ends up stranded on Malachor (as we see him in Rebels).
    • Post-credit scene showing a live-action version of Maul and Kenobi's final fight (from Rebels).
    I'm not sure how this would involve Reva if she does survive, like the rumours are saying.

Erkan12 likes this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Reva is the kidnapper paying off the "Next time line." I like the Yoda journey idea better though.

Kato Sai likes this.
  19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I agree - thou I don’t think Obi-Wan is too far off the mark. And my feelings is Anchorhead doesn’t have as varied a population as Mos Espa and Mos Eisley.

As for Star Destroyers - I think we should not see them that often. The Empire isn’t that flush with extra resources. They are in control but more stretched than is recognized. Star Destroyers are stationed in active trouble spots. Their aren’t enough to have them everywhere stormtroopers are stationed.

The desert brush planet is permanently occupied by stormtroopers to oversee mining. The empire is firmly in control here. There isn’t a rebellion. And the troops have no short term plans to be pulled out.

It’s not like Jedah City.

I like to think when the Death Star is destroyed and made public, star systems across the galaxy rebel. That’s when the Empire really gets stretched to it’s limits. This also helps the Rebel Alliance recruit new allies and evade the Empire which is short handed on searching for them.

So it’s a big deal that Vader is give 5 Star Destroyers to search for Hoth base. Those ships are desperately needed to maintain order.

Jediking97 and Shaak Ti like this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Would he? What would be the point? What difference could one Jedi on his own make? If one could make such a difference without the support of a military faction to oppose the Empire, why doesn't Obi-Wan, in his prime right after RotS just do it himself? And if what you say is true, why not start Luke or Leia’s training far earlier? Why do they care so much about "timing"? Here's the crux of it; what is it that you think they were waiting for all those years? When Yoda in RotS & Ben is episode 1 of this show refer to "the right time", how do you interpret that? I’d suggest it means that the conditions need to change to the point where the risk of training Luke is outweighed by the potential benefit. There’s no point training him just to be another Jedi who has to hide or be killed. He can’t achieve anything on his own. There needs to be a realistic chance of toppling the whole Empire. The only way that can happen is if a new Jedi with great potential like Luke can be added to a cause, where he can make a difference. One option could’ve been the remaining Jedi all consolidating & regrouping somewhere. That’s out the window due to the Purge. The other option is an organised rebellion that poses a credible threat – which is what eventuates & why training Luke made sense at the time of the OT. Since you think the rebellion wasn't relevant, I'd be curious to hear your take on what the right time is what they were waiting for all those years.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The imagination of half the Star Wars fandom in a nutshell.

22. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Disappointed we haven't seen him practice his Krayt Dragon call yet. I always assumed that's what he mainly did while sitting alone in his hut.

Sarge and Shaak Ti like this.
  23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Bo-Katan has a motif?

;)

Sarge likes this.
  24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    That guy might be the ugliest dude in all of live action Star Wars :D

I think we will be seeing a lot of him pretty soon, probably more than we ever saw of Fennic.

25. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I AM THE ORCHESTRA!