main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 3 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 31, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 8, 2022.
  1. 10

30.7%
  2. 9

24.1%
  3. 8

19.6%
  4. 7

12.6%
  5. 6

4.5%
  6. 5

3.0%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

1.0%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    They ain't all negative. But i think the negative ones are often telling though when it comes to mindsets. Mostly because everyone always hopes every star wars project is raved about.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    There is also some rumor on the media that obi wan series season 2 is in development

The question I like to know if it’s true or false?

3. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Id like to believe its true. but i have a feeling its not.

4. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    What makes you feel it’s false?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll wait until the show finishes

Shaak Ti likes this.
  6. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    There may be something to the season 2 rumors. Considering Obi-Wan is pulling Stranger Things numbers in streaming hours, it’s hard to imagine Disney not seeing dollar signs and wanting to do another season.

7. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Agreed

I say we have 50/50 chance of an obi wan season 2 happening which the odds do look better than the book of boba fett season 2

8. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    It’s interesting how they marketed it as a “Limited Series.” That made me think one season and done. And they can’t be surprised by the viewership numbers, right? They had to know this would pull in massive numbers and they still marketed it as a limited series. My only thought is Ewen initially agreed to return to the role only for a one and done, but now perhaps he’s changed his mind.

9. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I feel like three seasons (with 6 episodes) is the most you can do without creating too much adventure and too many clues for Vader on where Obi is located in ANH

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think at Celebration Ewan said something like “I hope you enjoy episode 1 and 2, and then 3, 4, 5 and 6… and then 7, 8, 9, and 10!”

I’ve seen a clip of it on my social media. If I recall he points at someone in the audience when he starts talking about 7-10. I’m guessing someone may have shouted season 2 or something at him, and Ewan might have just been being a showman.

I don’t know of any rumors beyond Ewan talking about episodes beyond 6 in that moment.

I think it would really depend on how season 1 ends. The dialogue in ANH implies Obi-Wan defeated Vader last they met (which we all assumed to be RoTS). If Obi-Wan beats Vader in Season 1 they might write themselves into a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaak Ti likes this.
  11. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I don't think there's much of a story to tell Other thatn Obi-wan fighting pirates for water or something.

12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Don't believe the RT audience rating as it was review bombed by some toxic so called fans AKA man babies.....I liked Boba Fett but everyone and anyone knows Obi-wan is a lot better.

13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
  14. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Yeah, it looked like Maul knew Vader a little bit when he talked with Ahsoka on Malachor. I doubt Maul learned about Vader only by using the Force, they probably met and dueled.

Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  15. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I watched the episode again, at the Countess Yubnub’s place, and I have to say it looked considerably better than at my own computer screen—not nearly as cheap (Sony doesn’t do Disney so I can’t watch it on my TV, I have to watch it on a computer screen). I don’t know what makes footage look “cheap” or why it polls do much different on one monitor vs another but it clearly matters.

I’ve been feeling like something about the cinematography in the series was “off” or cheap. One of my first complaints was that Tatooine didn’t look like it should and I said I felt it was too overcast. I think that was all my monitor (or monitor settings). So there’s that.

Weird though that TBOBF and TM looked fine on my monitor.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    It's the "Soap Opera Effect". Some monitors/tv's smooth out the frame transitions and it looks bloody terrible! It's actually a big problem with high def TV's and monitors. It's pretty ironic that we have such great technology now but sometimes our monitors can make stuff look cheap. You don't notice it as much on regular drama shows without special effects, but you really notice it in Star Wars. I thought parts of the Mandalorian looked terrible until I went into the settings on my TV and changed the settings. By the way, I recently watched the blu ray of Return of the Jedi on a friend's high def HUGE TV and it looked bloody terrible. Same issue.

Jediking97 and Count Yubnub like this.
  18. DML3

DML3 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    How is this fight canon?

episode 4 it’s clearly stated Vader was a learner when they last met. Was obi wan on a mushroom trip? Was it a dream he was having because that fight just broke all canon from a new hope. It’s bad enough he has interactions with leia

19. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Not "last met". "When I left you". Which is more vague & open to interpretation.

20. DML3

DML3 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    They are justified.

mandalorian doesn’t have these issues. Fiege knows what he is doing when it comes to Star Wars. These other directors not so much and it’s showing big time

Vader is not the learner on this show, sorry. He is clearly LORD Vader and everyone knows him as such. There is zero room for interpretation in that message.

It’s a botch.

In all honesty they should have gone with the Star Wars rebels angle where it sets up obi wan to duel darth maul again. It leaves him on tatooine where he belongs and not traveling the galaxy like he is still on the Jedi council. It leaves canon intact and leia off the show and Vader off the show.

if they want to keep inquisitors, fine. Just keep him on tatooine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2022
  21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    A bit greater than zero. Why can't "when I left you" refer to him leaving his apprenticeship with Obi-Wan, or leaving the Jedi Order? Seems more likely than the last time he physically left his presence.

22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I assume you mean Favreau and not Fiege.

And the thing is, the Mandalorian has no expectations behind him. no one is saying what the mandalorian should do. he is a brand new character. while Obi Wan, Leia, Vader, ect ect have alot of opinions and lore atttachment

23. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    I always thought older movies like the OT look better on DVD than on HD/Blu-ray.

24. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    It’s not anything that would be confusing if it were never explained but it does help the world make more sense. Like when Luke first meets Leia and tells her he’s with “Ben Kenobi” she doesn’t hesitate and runs out the door with him. Or when Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader is, “more machine now than man.” How would he know that or know that he’s alive? And going from their last encounter in ROTS to their first (and finale) encounter in ANH doesn’t mesh well with me. If that was supposed to be the first time they met in almost 20 years they show no emotion toward one another. Vader doesn’t seem pissed about getting destroyed by Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan doesn’t seem shocked to see what he’s old friend has become, physically and mentally. So far the show has more or less filled those gaps and I’m happy with it.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017
    So disappointed. I could totally understand Obi-Wan having angst about his part in Anakin's fall and "death" and having self doubt. But he was totally in control of his powers after defeating Anakin on Mustafar. No self doubt that would come to him in the future would be about his skills or ability to use the Force or his diplomatic skills. After all, what the f- good is he in "protecting" Luke if has lost his confidence and abilities? I realize this ups the "drama" quotient but I was wanting to see a Large and In Charge Obi-Wan Kenobi being an ace operative, not what I'm watching in this episode.

DML3 likes this.