main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Dave actually responded to a request for more Clone Wars at Celebration. His answer was "Well, I'm very busy."

So it might be awhile but he at least knows the demand is there.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Back in 2013 Daniel Logan said that his Season 7 Boba Fett/Cad Bane arc had been recorded - there's that at the very least.

Wasn't there also a Yuuzhan Vong arc planned?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Yes, for Season 8, so there's not much for it beyond the scripts and concept art (only one sketch has been shown).
    [​IMG]

SeparatistFan and MercenaryAce like this.
  4. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    @darkspine10,
    Unmistakably. :) The Yuuzhan Vong's armor looks like an exo-skeleton.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    If they were to make that now they'd probably change it to the grysks.

6. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Like, he said that at this year's Celebration??? Just making sure I heard that correctly. And was the question specifically about some of those 40 episodes, or was it just "More TCW" in general?

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    "More TCW" in general was the question.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    another fate of a TCW character is revealed. Tara Sinuba that old Jedi who helped Ahsoka during season 2 is dead. Either during order 66 or after. Either way. They are dead.

Not a big character but another story concluded.

hmm I wonder how many characters do we know what happened to them after episode 3. Or their fate was wrapped in TCW.

I think at this point other than some side clones that are mentioned in like 1 episode we know the fate of pretty much everyone after episode 3. Except Stinky! Filoni I need Star Wars: Rotta the Hutt a Star Wars story now! Give it to me!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  9. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Barriss Offee, Latts Razzi and General Loathsom are loose ends too.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Latts is mentioned in some post ROTS material I think.

yes I was right

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Latts_Razzi

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  11. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Someone on twitter has spotted a difference in the Bad Batch S2 trailer on Disney Plus. There is a Trandoshian that looks like the villain from the Kashykk arc.

If it is the same character I hope his history with the CIS is still canon and that Kashykk arc still counts.

12. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The Trandoshan in the trailer does indeed look like Babwa Venomor, just with different clothes.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Would be really cool to see him

SeparatistFan, TetsuAero and Slater like this.
  14. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Wow, that's a different looking trandoshan. Reminds me of a frog or a chameleon.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The more clone wars references the better

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we get Luminara cameo in Bad Batch on Kashyyyk a tie in to her fate in Rebels. Bad Batch season 2 might refference and memtions clone wars of arcs not seen if we go to same planets. Boba Fett return maybe too.

cwustudent and Sudooku like this.
  17. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    But what's the point in referencing it if we never get to actually see it happen?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It makes it more likely we’ll see it IMO

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I used to think that, but not anymore. Not after BoBF gave us a reunion of Cad Bane and Boba Fett that meant nothing to people who haven't seen blurry secondhand footage of two scenes of an unfinished TCW arc. Nowadays when I see stuff like Ord Mantell City making it into new content, it looks less like Lucasfilm positioning itself to deliver on the unaired arcs and more like plundering assets from storylines they have no intention of giving us because they'd rather make new shows and stories that are wholly theirs, so why not save on budget by using old models and environments? (Maul inexplicably having Ventress's Dark Disciple lightsaber fused to his old one instead of Savage's was a travesty.) They can give Cad Bane a metal plate on his head or bring back the Trandoshan villain from the Bad Batch arc they easily could've produced for the Bad Batch show, but it'll never amount to anything more than a wink-and-nod to those in the know.

The time to fully finish TCW was during its revival run. They could've given us the rest of the series as it was meant to be before moving onto Bad Batch and the Jedi spinoff and whatever else is in the animation pipeline. But instead they chose to give us only 3 arcs, adding insult to injury by shoehorning a connection to Siege of Mandalore at the end of the Ahsoka's Silly Spice Adventure arc and making the Sith Shrine one impossible, and retroactively tainting the Son of Dathomir comic by using it as an excuse to deny us a crucial chapter of Maul's story that deserved to be shown onscreen. It's also clear now in hindsight that Siege of Mandalore was most of what general audiences cared about. Now they have it, they're satisfied, and people look at you funny and think you're ungrateful for wanting more. "Huh? TCW is a finished show" is almost always the response I get whenever I mention that TCW has 40 unfinished episodes. I hardly see anyone clamoring for more TCW now because in most people's eyes the series is done. Disney gave them The Final Season and there's a billion other SW offerings on Disney+ to get excited for instead. Without fan pressure being there like there was during the #SaveTheCloneWars days it's even less likely to happen. Even less so with Dave Filoni being busy with other projects and clearly not wanting to work on it anymore.

Now, Disney, prove me wrong. Please. I'd be SO HAPPY to be wrong about this.

But I really doubt that I am.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  20. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    @The Shadow Emperor,

exactly my thoughts and feelings. Isn't there a super-rich TCW-fan, who could sponsor the fans of this series a S. 6a and 6b? Hope dies last and be it very tiny. But I don't know either, how TCW s. 7 did net for Disney+ so far. When it would bring much views, Disney surely would ponder about some extra-seasons or some standalone films like in the beginning of the production of cartoons for this era.

Sky_alma and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  21. beskarmando8

beskarmando8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2022
    I was thinking about this. They should have just replaced Vong with Grysks and then we got ourselves 16 episodes in season 7.

22. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    That can't be, because the Grysk did already replace the Ssi-ruuk here.[face_laugh] in the one of two Grysk threads we have in this forum, while about the Yuuzhan Vong are so many threads - as about the Ssi-ruuk - a shame to let replace both by the Grysk.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  23. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It frustrates me that we were so close to getting Son Of Dathomir animated as a part of season 7, but instead we got a mediocre Ashoka arc that served little importance to the events of Siege of Mandalore.

24. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I liked the Ahsoka arc, but yeah son of dathomir would have been better.

25. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Am I crazy for still holding out hope they could at least finish Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple someday? I'd still also love to see the Boba Fett, Kashyyyk, and Utapau arcs as well. I think if we could get those 24 episodes, I'd be perfectly happy - as much as I'd like to see even more, I think those 5(6) arcs are really the most important.