main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Jedi Survivors (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jun 1, 2022.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    could be, after all we didn't see Luke and Ahsoka meet.
    And Ahsoka might know some herself too.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My math is that we take the 10,000 Jedi Knights (masters) multiply that by 90% that gets us 1,000 surviving the initial purge. The 200 is just younglings and Padawans who also survived. Since they aren’t included in the original 10k number. No solid information has ever been given on how many younglings and Padawans there are.

I just did some math. Assuming the Jedi order had a similar age split as earth does. And we assume that the average person gets knighted at 21. That means if we go off my original number 300 younglings and Padawans would survive the initial order.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  3. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I’m happy with there being dozens of Jedi that survived, gives the narrative room for extra stories. It would be great if they went into the Unknown Regions more. Could easily explain the Jedi absence in ROTJ with saying they went to the URs to deal with some big event there.

Lomer2012 and Darth Smurf like this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've always thought it would be fun to have a story where there is a planet on a distant end of the galaxy where a couple of gotten Jedi are stationed with no idea what went on in the rest of the Galaxy somehow, some way.

Mostly Handless and Krueger like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    BTS clip: “He has a REAL tiny head on a REAL super long neck.”

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Waiting for Godot: A Star Wars Story.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    No balance in the force anymore.

Mostly Handless and DannyD like this.
  8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    It’s never particularly bothered me, there being other Jedi who survived and escaped the Purge.
    It just renders Yodas line to Luke ‘When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be..’ totally pointless

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean right now it’s still true. Luke was the last Jedi Knight still practicing.

Right now we have 3 padawans and one of which was formerly a padawan surviving past episode 6 other than Luke.

Ezra is still alive out there somewhere. Ahsoka gave it up. And the other remained hidden until his grandson found him in like 30 ABY.

Mostly Handless, Shaak Ti and Jcuk like this.
  10. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Ashoka gave it up?..I thought the last we know of her is she’s on the hunt for Thrawn?
    Because he has Ezra Bridger with him

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Meaning she isn’t a Jedi. She gave up being a Jedi. That’s what I meant.

Mostly Handless, Shaak Ti and Jcuk like this.
  12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh of course yes she did. Sorry totally misunderstood that

Shaak Ti likes this.
  13. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    If it is now established that there are force users being born all the time which can be sought out and there are several survivors of Order 66, why do Bail and Obi-Wan talk like Luke and Leia are so important? The prophecy is about Anakin, not his kids. Without the context of knowing what the OT would bring, why would Luke and Leia be any more important than any other force kid out there? Sure, maybe they would be powerful just based on Anakin's genes and midichlorian count but so were Yoda and Mace Windu. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that there are other really powerful force users beyond Anakin's progeny. Heck, maybe Mr. Tatooine barfly jedi had potential.

14. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I am fine with the current situation shown by Kenobi and Rebels, But i am really hoping everyone but Ahsoka, Ezra, Luke, Leia, Kenobi and Yoda are dead before the beginning of ANH unless they leave to a distant galaxy. I want Vader to completely decimate all remaining Jedi cells following whatever happens on Jabiim.

Mostly Handless and DannyD like this.
  15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The Empire is now shown to be suppressing new Jedi from emerging - keeping them hidden, inactive or capturing them. It's not just Rebellion fighters. A really nice addition to canon from the Kenobi series.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also we have known for decades that new force sensitive kids can be born from anyone. The reason I think Leia and Luke were important was more symbolic plus I think they assume because Anakin had the potential to be the strongest force user ever his children also must be strong.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm drawing a complete blank here; who is that?

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Let me find the link and I’ll edit this post

here it is

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Naq_Med?so=search

I was wrong he also left the Jedi order. And it was his great grandson who found him. But he did go into hiding as the inquisitors tried to hunt him down.

So that makes Ezra the only practicing Padawan to survive the empire. And that’s even if he still considers himself to be one.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  19. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I think I remember reading a George Lucas quote where he mentioned around 50 to 100 Jedi surviving past ROTJ. If 100 Jedi survived out of 10,000, then that still means Palpatine’s purge was 99% effective.
    It would be cool to see Luke make contact with other Order 66 survivors, including some who might have given up being Jedi during the Dark-times. Especially considering where Luke himself ends up after Ben’s turn to the Darkside.

Two or three Jedi stationed at a remote outpost. (somewhere like Elphrona perhaps)
    First they sense a disturbance in the Force from Order 66,
    Then you could have them attempt to contact Coruscant, but never get a reply.
    Ect…
    The dawning realisation that things are very wrong could make for a good psychological thriller.

Shaak Ti, RetropME and Sproj like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I looked it up. Your right. Lucas wanted some Jedi to have survived Order 66 and the empire and to join Luke’s Jedi Order for his sequel trilogy.

as I said before it’s never bothered me. Because for all Yoda knew he and Luke were the last Jedi.

RetropME and Mostly Handless like this.
  21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I understand why one would say something like this back in 2015 or so, but now we know for a fact that while Ahsoka did leave the Order after the fiasco with her trial, and of course reacted angrily (and let's face it, more so because it was a cool line in that instance) exclaiming "I am no Jedi" when Vader made fun of her, she totally identifies as a Jedi in The Mandalorian, temporarily takes on the task to train Grogu, and has a close relationship with Luke Skywalker and visits him in his new academy.

After all this is what Filoni said:
    And this is how I have always seen here, even before Filoni had to clarify the above. Of course she is a Jedi, and has never not been one, even if she is not officially part of the Order anymore. After Order 66, there is no Order anyway. So, are Kenobi and Yoda not Jedi also? And Luke? I would strongly disagree.

It all has to do with the familial bonds between Anakin and his kids. They were the only ones that would be capable of bringing him back to the light, defeating the Empire in the process. Luke didn't save the galaxy because he was super maxi big in da Force, he saved it because he was Vader's offspring. Not that it didn't help that Luke and Leia were kids of the strongest Force user in the history of the Galaxy of course.

Back in 1977 the only Force sensitive Order 66 survivors by ANH were Luke Skywalker and Ben Kenobi, even when we didn't have Order 66 yet.
    In 1980 Yoda was added to the mix.
    In 1983 Leia was added to the mix
    In 2014 Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger were added to the mix.
    In 2015 Ahsoka Tano was added to the mix.
    In 2019 Cal Kestis was (potentially) added to the mix.

I feel that within the next few years, more Jedi survivors will be added to the mix, and it will be fine, in the same way it has been fine so far. I think Vader can still decimate all remaining Jedi cells after discovering everything relative to "The Path", and we can still have some Jedi scattered across the galaxy that have survived and have gone into hiding.
    Indeed! I still don't get it how some people talk about this as if TPM and AOTC didn't already show us 200 Jedi who had no blood relationship, followed by 7 seasons of The Clone Wars where we meet Jedi across all species, genders, backgrounds and planets.
    And Cal Kestis perhaps?

Shaak Ti and Mostly Handless like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She doesn’t call herself a Jedi. She may act as one but she doesn’t call herself one. That’s what counts for me

Shaak Ti and Mostly Handless like this.
  23. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    We know this because we've watched the OT. But Kenobi and Bail haven't. Yoda and Kenobi gave the impression that Anakin was beyond redemption. Heck, at the point where Kenobi and Bail were talking about Luke and Leia's importance, at least Kenobi was under the impression that Anakin didn't survive Mustafar. Luke and Leia aren't viewed as the key to Anakin's redemption at this point cause Anakin is viewed as dead. So it must be because they have the potential to be force users. Uncle Owen even seems irked that Kenobi is looking for signs of Luke "showing" signs he should be trained.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    She doesn't deny it when people call her a Jedi in the episode which is literally called "The Jedi" in The Mandalorian.
    That means she identifies as one at this point in time.

Slater likes this.
  25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    This is post-OT though, so at what point did she start to re-identify herself as a Jedi? I wouldn't be surprised if it is her first encounter with Luke post-ROTJ that makes her finally admit she is ready to acknowledge that she really is a Jedi again.