main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 4 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 7, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 15, 2022.
  1. 10

8.1%
  2. 9

15.2%
  3. 8

22.8%
  4. 7

23.4%
  5. 6

11.2%
  6. 5

7.1%
  7. 4

5.6%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1

2.5%
  1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    It's not wrong, but I definitely don't agree. I am excited about Andor.
    But I am far more excited to see what happens in Kenobi. It's a great show despite a couple of minor issues.

2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I agree. This last episode wasn't great by any means but the first three were. I am really looking forward to the last two. Also looking forward to Andor.

DarthFixxxer and Jcuk like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was my least favorite but it was still good. Keep in mind I am easy to please.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't get you people. This is the best episode so far! :D

5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Quite a divisive episode by the looks of things - a thread twice as long as those for episodes 1 and 2 nearly as long as episode 3 where Vader and Kenobi face off, "for the first time since..."

Roll on Wednesday, please. Exciting, but dark, times ahead I reckon.

6. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    A really poor episode. Hiding Leia under a cape without no-one noticing? Really? And turning the droid into a homing beacon to track Kenobi and the network was a poor idea and I'm surprised Vader fell for it; why would Obi-Wan take Leia to the Network instead of taking Leia straight to Alderaan or an Alderaanian diplomatic mission? And wouldn't Reeva be suspicious that Leia withstood the Force? It's just poor writing. Reeva is becoming increasingly annoying as a character who is always one step ahead of everyone else.

Sproj and Darth Weavile like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Honestly the only reason I think episode 1 and 2 had less posts is because it aired the same day. Plus both threads had the next episode 2 days earlier.

8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    True.

There's probably something to be said about not giving SWN fans, myself included, enough time to implode!

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked this episode, although I gave it a 9/10 as opposed to the 10/10 I gave the first three.

It was tense, and I could not figure out how Obi-Wan and Leia would escape.

Not sure Vader should have met Reva now, since he said he would execute her if she did not catch Kenobi, and his leaving her alive entailed his going “Nah…”

10. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Well, since the hunt is still on, she hasn't failed yet.

11. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    They did notice them. They were near the main checkpoint when she handed him the cloak. They had a full garrison ready for them once they moved out of the lobby area. The cloak idea is admittedly cartoony but Star Wars often is. Kenobi should feel fortunate he got their help at all and that they risked their lives. He’s in no position to make demands and their resources are limited. Those T47s aren’t for space travel and they only had the one ship. The others wanted to get back to what they signed up for and back to Jabiim. From there he can work out a plan to get her home. As for the homing beacon it’s possible Reva knew she’d have to eventually return Leia herself and explain that the Inquisitors rescued her from kidnappers but noticed Kenobi and questioned her. Anything Leia said opposite that would be the word of one woman versus a child. Reva would deny it. They could then spy on the Organa’s from the droid. Worst case scenario.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  12. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    With our reaction to the tomb...how much more emotional would it have been if they had shown this guy in there...?
    [​IMG]

13. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 17X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Bingo. A fact the harsh critics seem to ignore. There are countless moments that could be dissected in the saga films that would compare with today’s criticisms. That doesn’t change that fact that the films are still epic.

14. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah. We snicker at moments like that and we are supposed to.
    I personally love it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Sarge, naw ibo, Valairy Scot and 6 others like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Some sleuth on IG pointed out that the kid in the mausoleum is one of the kids from the flashback and dressed exactly the same so he's been there since pretty much Order 66.

16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Pehaps they could not stick the 2 halfs of kid back together after Anakin was done with him.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What I don't get is the season lengths.

Mando: 8
    Boba: 7
    Obi-Wan: 6
    Andor: 12

WHAT

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I really wish he had indeed executed her.

Whether she gets punished in the end for the atrocities she has committed or not, will make or break the show for me at this point.

Slater likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Reva and hope she continues on the show but she should probably not tell Vader she’s going to do something and then not do it.

20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    She is making too many bold attempts at rebelling or impressing Vader. If thats what you call it. Vader certainly thinks she is out to impress. So it does seem like either he kills her or she walks away from being an inquisitor. It doesn't seem like Vader is gonna be forgiving if she comes back with nothing. He looked like he was about to kill her in episode 4.

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    What gave it away? His violent force choke and that she was a few seconds away from dying? :p

To me it just won't make sense if she survives past the end of the show. She is nowhere in Rebels, nowhere in Rogue One, nowhere in the OT obviously, and most importantly, doesn't deserve redemption or a "happy ending". Ideally, I would want either Kenobi or Vader to kill her, but if the Grand Inquisitor comes back and does it himself, I won't be mad AT ALL.

Sproj likes this.
  22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well her walking away doesn't mean she has to join some rebel group. Walking away just means she is going her own way.

23. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Reeva has absolutely no way of knowing that. To lie in wait near Alderaan or other points would make much more sense as Reeva can't know that they will be going elsewhere. And if they don't go there, it's all plot contrivances.

And of course I know T-47's are only speeders. ;)

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

TCF-1138 likes this.
  25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Correct a show that lets be honest wasn't something on anyone's radar when it came to Star Wars tv , you would think surely they would start with 6 or 7 and see how it goes not jump in with 12 and hope - although the trailer looks good I can't see it holding up for a full 12 episodes.