main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Jedi Survivors (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Maybe. She is a Jedi in heart and soul anyway.
    Saying Ahsoka is not a Jedi anymore is like saying that a plumber is not a plumber anymore because they left the union.
    Still a plumber.

Sproj likes this.
  2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well Ahsoka didn't consider herself jedi at some point either so... Besides I don't think this comparison makes sense. Jedi is not just a profession and order the union, jedi is conviction as well. It's more like being a christian than being a plumber. One can cease to consider oneself christian and still belong in the church or leave the church and still consider oneself christian. Ahsoka once left the order and decided not to be a jedi. She however is in some ways more jedi than those in the old order. It matters what she thinks of herself. And I think that Ahsoka doesn't consider herself jedi in Rebels at least. But not so sure in this new live-action era.
    Should rewatch her episodes. Maybe she does consider herself jedi again.

From outsider point of view she seems like a jedi, but her beliefs and actions may not be "jedi" enough from actual jedi point of view. She is not conventional jedi at least. Officially she never became knight either.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I always thought being a Jedi meant you had to be trained by a Jedi. Like let’s go with the church analogy. Say your catholic but then you convert to a different sect of Christianity or leave. Your not catholic anymore even if you still follow most of the churches teachings. Same for a Jedi

Shaak Ti and Mostly Handless like this.
  4. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Being a Jedi is more of a way of life than a regular 9-5 job. We’ve seen Ahsoka attempting to help rid the galaxy of villainous Imperial officials (Morgan Elsbeth), and we know than she still follows the old Order’s non-attachment philosophy. So I’d say she definitely acts like a Jedi, even if she doesn’t consider herself one.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    You can not be a Jedi and still be a strict adherent to the Light Side. To be a Jedi is to restrict yourself to a code. The light side is selflessness. The Jedi Order takes that to an extreme by prohibiting emotions and attachments. And living a monastic life style separated from society. Ahsoka and Maz as well as the Lasat Shaman are all examples of light side force wielders existing outside of that code. Chirrut Imwe too, of course. Even the Chiss Navigators. They go through a similar upbringing to the Jedi Order - taken at a young age and trained to perform a selfless duty.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes but you must be trained by a Jedi. Anyone who is force sensitive and on the light side doesn’t make you a Jedi. If she doesn’t believe herself to be a Jedi she isn’t one.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I bet there're literally hundreds of thousands of people in the galaxy who go throughout their entire lives never knowing they're Force sensitive. They may get odd sensations here and there, but they've never been able to explain or understand them.

8. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    The whole point of the Jedi Code is to promote selflessness. Hence the Grand Inquisitor likening it to an “itch”. Now obviously you don’t have to be a Jedi to serve the light/be a good person, characters like Maz Kanata, Grogu, as well as non Force-sensitives like Han Solo or Poe Dameron are heroic despite not being Jedi. Nonetheless saying that the Code prevents Jedi from being selfless simply isn’t a view supported by cannon.

I’d also point out that the definition of non-attachment used in Star Wars is one that comes from Buddhist and Stoic philosophy. The idea behind it is that you learn to let go of things/people (dead relatives for instance), rather than causing yourself suffering by clinging onto them.
    https://jeff-valdivia.medium.com/what-is-the-buddhist-concept-of-non-attachment-29f166b14201

9. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    It wouldn't be so difficult to pull off, though inevitably there'd be a portion of fans that are unhappy with it. You could just say that they're in a location which is basically really difficult to traverse through even if you were in a Star Destroyer. The URs are known for being very difficult to navigate anyway, hence why they're not charted.

For whatever reason, most of the Jedi who survived Order 66 eventually got roped into going into the UR to help Ezra maybe? The Empire stopped running recon missions to that particular area of space as, they were busy fighting a galaxy-wide rebellion, and hence it took the Jedi years to get back.

You can then always have the odd Jedi in that period who didn't go to the UR but didn't make it to ROTJ's section of the timeline because they'd died first in some glorious fashion. That way the door is perpetually left open for more stories in this timeframe with a clean slate of Jedi protagonists.

Mostly Handless and Sproj like this.
  10. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I always understood the "no-jedi-thing" in the way that she does not call herself one but still act (in a way) like one. She follows the code but changed it to a daily life, the life that she has to live, without being a member of an order. I guess it can be compared to being a religious person without being a member of a church or something like this. I was raised with christian tenants but I was never a member of a church. So I won't call myself a christian, but strangers would probably think I am one. And I surely would not correct them and discuss it.

She surely does not strictly follow the code and probably never really has. After all, she absolutely know about Kanan and Hera but looked the other way. Of course for outsiders she seems to be a Jedi (what do they know anyway), but that does not mean she feels like one. In the Mandalorian it would have been senseless to get the no-Jedi-thing out again. At that time she probably just things "Let them talk..."

And when she meets Luke for the first time I would really be surprised if she goes into a long explanation whether she's a Jedi or not. She's on the light side, Luke has absolutely no clue about the order anyway (lets be honest: He's had a basis crash course using the force), so she can address herself as a Jedi. I don't think her falling-out with the order is something she mentions right the moment she meets Anakin's son for the very first time. That is a story for a long night beside a fireplace.

Seerow and Mostly Handless like this.
  11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    There would definitely be the "Yoda said words" crowd. But it is not that difficult to have a knight and padawan who have a hyperdrive mishap and their ship crashes on a primitive world in wild space or the unknown regions with nothing being salvageable or the wreckage sinking in an ocean.

12. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Exactly. As long as there was a good story to tell, people would forgive the way it gets started.

Seerow and Sproj like this.
  13. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    People who genuinely just want good stories would be ok with it but no matter what happens, there will always be a loud proportion of the audience who will bag it out for 'reasons'.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There would be fans unhappy with literally anything. I think there is at least 5% of fans of Star Wars that will hate anything new on principle.

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I hope Haja goes on to be a big shot Rebel.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Putting together a crew

17. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Or maybe she just got tired of correcting people. ;p

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Sure, that's a possibility.

Or maybe, we can stop ignoring Dave Filoni's direct quote about what Ahsoka is and what she isn't, and believe him when he says that she pretty much is a Jedi in all but name.

And that's only because he gave her a cool retort to Vader in one Rebels episode. Otherwise people wouldn't be so passionate about defending Ahsoka's "I am no Jedi" line as if it's.... an achievement? As if being a Jedi is bad or something?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Unless she calls herself a Jedi I am not gonna think it

20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Eh, if we put jokes aside...

During TCW itself, her not being a jedi is kind of self-evident, at least in that the jedi order is a specific organization and Ahoska is no longer a member.

But after Order 66, the jedi no longer exists as an effect organization and more as an ideal held by scattered individuals, then yeah Ahoska is effectively just like every other jedi survivor except in name. And yeah, I am willing to bet that Ahoska got over her hangups and sees herself as fully jedi again by the Mandalorian.

But I just couldn't resist the opportunity.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree she is a Jedi in all but name. I am not disagreeing.but I think to be a true Jedi you need to call yourself one. If she does she is a Jedi. If she doesn’t she isn’t

Mostly Handless and MercenaryAce like this.
  22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    This.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do wonder if we’ll see anymore Jedi in any of the other shows

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Looking at those sabres at the base, would it be a fair assumption some of the others on that escape ship are also Jedi?

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I I don’t think so. What those represented to me. Was this. Those were Jedi who were so keen on hiding that they would give up their lightsaber. Remember Kenobi said this weapon is your life. They are truly giving up their past lives so they can live.

LedReader, Mostly Handless and Sproj like this.