main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 4 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 7, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 15, 2022.
  1. 10

8.1%
  2. 9

15.2%
  3. 8

22.8%
  4. 7

23.4%
  5. 6

11.2%
  6. 5

7.1%
  7. 4

5.6%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1

2.5%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Its most of the series and I like it

jaimestarr, naw ibo and Chris0013 like this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I like that he is being portrayed as out of sorts (to put it mildly),

3. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    Star Wars infiltrated our hearts. Amirite?

:-B

Sarge, Lulu Mars, cwustudent and 6 others like this.
  4. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    The other thing about this last episode is it kinda killed my excitement for Episode 5 and now I find myself just wanting to skip to the duel..like ep 4 just didn't deliver on any of the things that had been set up and now it's left kind of a void for episode 5 imo. I was really excited to see the fallout of the Vader-Kenobi fight and learn more about Reva, hopefully finally see some inquisitor action, a brooding Darth Vader. Now it feels like the main opportunity for some of those things has passed, or it'll just have to be crammed into episode 5.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I gotta say your name is great

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The absence of mythology and an exploration of cosmology and metaphysics is missing in this show. Still, looking forward to some active role for Qui-Gon Jinn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fin McCool and oncafar like this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    T-47s are (and have always been) speeders, not starships. Speeders can hover--they work on repulsorlifts, which allow a vehicle to do that.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this a 10/10.

I thought this episode had a lot going for it and like Tala was a real presence. The actress is good and I was glad she wasn't a one off. I hope she makes it to the end but am not hopeful.

Okay, I liked the episode a lot but wondered this, when Reva was questioning Leia how would she know about what Bail is doing? I mean how much is he looping in a 10 yr old? Also, when Reva said she was strong are we supposed to think this is her connection to the Force? I assumed as much and makes sense. It'd be interesting to know if Luke is presenting anything but Owen is hiding it from Obi-Wan.

I loved the seeing Obi-Wan here. You can tell he's getting more comfortable with using the Force (goes w/o saying really) and as such we're getting some really cool lightsaber usage. I really like his relationship w/Leia and honestly am glad to see it. I am looking forward to his rematch w/Vader.

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Having watched part 5, part 4 didn’t need to happen at all did it? Instead of kidnapping Leia, Reva secretly places a tracking device at the end of part 3. It picks up with obi-wan arriving at the ‘rebel’ base and shortly afterwards the Empire shows up.

10. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    But it was fun, wasn't it?

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. I think Part 4 was my favorite, despite it not being as consequential as the other episodes.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'll leave my review and grade for Part 4. I'd give it a 7/10

Nothing overly mind-blowing or memorable IMO; but it was ok in its own right. Reva trying to use the Force on Leia with mind-control; but it's obvious she's too powerful. I guess that's a suggestion that it's a hint of her abilities even at an early age. I was kind of expecting Saw Gerrera to appear among the fledgling rebellion at one point, but I guess that wasn't in the cards. I thought he was supposed to be among the first leaders. It was an interesting "cameo" featuring what I assumed was Tera Sinube. That of course gave me a slight grin, considering his history with Ahsoka.

[​IMG]

13. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Waaaaaaat? You should be bawling, not grinning!

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Only grinning with the connection to his TCW stint.

15. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Ok, do both at the same time.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He loved as he died old as hell

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just rewatched the whole show, and I think this one is my 2nd favorite, behind the finale which is almost perfect. Here's what I like.

1. The setting. Love the Fortress Inquisitorious. The shiny Imperialness of the Death Star and the Scarif base, but with the added accent of being underwater.

2. Scale. Next to Rogue One, this episode is one of the best at demonstrating scale. The Fortress feels massive. The scene where Tala is walking through the base, and has to go through security, showcases those impossibly tall windows with a view of the undersea which is just glorious.

3. Cinematography. Along with the finale, this episode has some of the best cinematography of the TV shows. It's that sharpness, coupled with muted colors, which is usually a signature of Grieg Fraser's work (DP of Rogue One and S1 of Mando), who I think most fans agree gives us the most beautiful Star Wars imagery. Or at least, the most naturalistic, which I appreciate.

4. CGI. I've found some of the CGI work in this episode a little iffy, such as the transport ships escaping from Vader in Episode 5, which have that aitbrushed Marvelly CGI look to them. In this, you get that sharp and realistic CGI in a bunch of places that reminds me of Rogue One. I especially love the shot of Tala landing on the Fortress in her shuttle, onto the super-shiny platform. There's a perfect sharpness to that image that just feels real.

5. I'm a sucker for infiltration scenes, and this one's no exception.

6. Love seeing internal Imperial military politics and security measures play out. And despite the criticisms, I find the depiction quite realistic for an authoritarian systems. Personnel are perpetually in fear of being killed for insubordination, etc., and that can easily be exploited. Not to mention the old tactic of simply acting confidently while walking through security - something that has a high success rate to this day.

7. Really liked the tension in the Tala-Reva intel/ interrogation sequence.

8. The Jedi tomb was appropriately eerie and visually effective.

9. Color palette. Really liked the black and green-blue (my dislike of red on film, I think, prevents me from enjoying the Jabiim set, though).

10. I absolutely love the moment where little Leia holds Obi-Wan's hand. Gets me every time.

The finale is stratospheric, IMO, and this episode doesn't come close to matching it. But in terms of film-making quality, this one's the second best in the series, in my view.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    *Correction: In point 4, the statement should have read "I've found some of the CGI work in this series a little iffy." Not in that episode. And emphasis on some.

This episode also set up Obi-Wan's ability to hold off the rocks Vader tried to bury him with (by holding back the water). Without this setup, that scene would have felt a bit more unbelievable and over-the-top.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I agree, I feel like this episode is woefully underrated. I ranked part 5 higher based on my first viewings of each but I think this is also my second-favorite after part 6.