main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 5 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 14, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 22, 2022.
  1. 10

31.0%
  2. 9

26.7%
  3. 8

17.1%
  4. 7

14.4%
  5. 6

4.8%
  6. 5

1.6%
  7. 4

1.6%
  8. 3

0.5%
  9. 2

0.5%
  10. 1

1.6%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 5!!
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) Obi-Wan Kenobi episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+ . Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    OMG BEST EPISODE YET. When the Porg rode in in the Sith Infiltrator and crashed into Fifth Brother I almost lost it.

3. JarJarsTongue

JarJarsTongue Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 25, 2014
    We know the best part was when Jar Jar made his triumphant return on the small screen in this week’s episode. Jar Jar truly is the Sith Lord of all Sith Lords!

4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    OMG...the scene were Obi Wan and Tala are being intimate and he calls her 'Satine'...You thought Reva could get angry???

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Odds are Leia and Kenobi aren’t going to make it out alive in this episode.

6. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Gruesome deaths? Hang them in the tomb afterwards?

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Wow, when it turned out that Vader was Bossk in disguise the whole time i fell of my couch :eek:

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    That Anakin flashback with how Luke and Leia were made was a bit gratuitous imo. Definitely deserving of the TV-MA rating for this one.

10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Totally unexpected! Somehow, Wade returned!

11. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I did not see Vader and Reva falling in love. turning back to the Light Side and killing all the Inquisitors and Palpatine and restoring the Republic...all in one hour. Just goes to show anything can happen.

12. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    When Obi-Wan asked him “Who are you?” And he said “I’m Wade. Obee-Wade Kenobi,” I lost it. Obi-Wan brother spin off coming soon!

13. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Wade is a nickname. We all know his name is Obi Two.

LedReader and Deliveranze like this.
  14. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I thought that too when Marvel released “The Rise of Wade” tie-in comic but it looks like they retconned that for the show. Another example of the writers ignoring continuity again [face_shame_on_you]

15. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    My favorite part was when the Inspector Gadget theme song Hit and Obi Wan used that trench coat to helicopter after the inquisitors

16. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Woah, the complete episode has leaked

[​IMG]

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I liked the Force Skype-ing best, when Sidious manages to convince Vader he is but a learner and convinces Obi-Wan that sacrificing himself will make him more powerful than he could possibly imagine.

Now the ANH duel makes sense and the circle is complete.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  18. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    It will be great when it turns out that Reva is actually Revan, this is the episode in which she'll remember, and that entire beginning at the Jedi temple never happened, it's part of a false set of memories that was implanted by Bastilla hundreds of years ago from when she accidentally traveled to the future using that weird Sith temple thing Ezra and Sidious fought over in an episode of Rebels. That was how Bastilla came up with Reva's backstory. She knew there would be a time far in the future when Revan's amnesia and lack of knowledge of herself would be useful in stopping Fifth Brother from becoming High Inquisitor as he is the one person who can kill Darth Vader by accident. If that happens Luke will be facing the Emperor alone and he won't know he needs to call ALL the Jedi to his aid. Then Luke will be killed. Sidious's reign will last another 1000 years. This is why we need Revan now and I'm looking forward to her realization that she's older than even Master Yoda.

19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    so did Fifth Brother…

[face_rofl]If this doesn’t actually happen, I will be very cross.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    Best part was when Kitser says "This so wizard, Ani" to Vader

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The highlight of this episode will be Reva riding a Rancor who bites Maul to half size, kills Boba afterwards but isn't able to eat Leia because she is running too fast. Obi will not appear in this one.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I almost spat out my tea with the "the only one who can kill someone by accident" idea.

So excited for tonight. I guess it's the first episode where it feels like all new territory and that **** will have to go down.
    I could almost sense beforehand that Part IV wouldn't be pivotal to the show, but now we only have 2 parts left.

23. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
  24. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Wow, a 50 minute episode of just Reva and her backstory =D= Amazing stuff here! Let me see how they fellas on YouTube think of it!

25. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    R2 will bring her back to life :r2h:

CampOfSorgan likes this.