main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Tala

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jun 8, 2022.

1. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    So one nice subtle bit is despite Tala pointing out NED-B isn't programmed to speak a second later, she gives him a nice "thank you" sort of smile/acknowledgement when they first reach the Path building. That is, she still treats him like a person. Harkening back to Leia's comments in the 1st episode, just a quick way of letting you know she's polite to droids so is a good person at heart. Little things like this (on top of the big things) cement the show as a great ride so far for me.

Sarge and DannyD like this.
  2. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    It was probably supposed to be comedic that the body pile keeps growing and every time it cuts to her she's adding to it.

Tala is really just like a lot of ppl. She is just trying to do what's right and is loyal. I feel like her counter is that frik/frek guy. It's just she can see better through. (I hope it's not classist and fear it is!)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Welp, guess I jinxed myself. :(

Chris0013 likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Very disappointed with that.

5. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    In respect of moving the story along (particularly if this is the only Obi season), the Tala charcter has been used in the correct manner and in a very emotionally moving manner to help "the cause"; just like Cassian Andor and Jyn Erso.

But nevertheless, its disappointing that the Tala character has been killed off. I really loved the character and was hoping to see her re-surface in Andor.

But I'm happy with the importance of this moment of selflessness because Leia would have been captured otherwise and that disk communicator might have been discovered by someone other than Reva.

So its bitter sweet to see Tala's end

6. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Or realy anything in this era or beyond. LIttle make up and they could add a few years to her for Mando era appearances as part of NR Intelligence.

Generational Fan likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The death scene was well staged and emotional but I thought that character still had so much potential for future use.At least she got a lot of screen time before dying and it did have an impact on the characters and the story.

8. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Most definitely. Tala could have so easily been that really good character that shows up in multiple shows over the course of a number of years of the Skywalker timeline. An impactful and meaningful death, but still had more potential; even, as you mentioned, into the NR era.

But I applaud Chow's ability to "let go" of a character that has been created under her watch for the greater good of the story.

Sproj likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    RIP gone to soon

10. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Indira was great as Tala. I was hoping we’d see her in Andor. Damn.

11. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
  12. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Was not ready to see her dispatched of so soon. Indira made quite the mark in her short time in the SW universe.

Sproj and RetropME like this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes she did an excellent job, I was more than a little moved by Tala's sacrifice.

14. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Great character. Great acting. Great integration into plot. Great drama.

More of this for Andor please.

DarthFixxxer and RetropME like this.
  15. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Characters die, it would have been nice to see more. Characters don't die, it would have been nice if they ended one of these characters - this sort of summarises Star Wars fans doesn't it?

I agree that she seemed to have more of a story to tell but really, we've sort of seen it a number of times already anyway with bad guy turned good with the likes of Finn, Kallus, etc. She was a great supporting character and while there is still probably more of a story to tell, I like that they were willing to sacrifice her. Now if only they had done the same with Reva.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    And, also, reality is that often people with a story to tell and good things to accomplish are cut down short of having their full story told or accomplishing everything they had the potential to achieve.

Lulu Mars, wobbits and Sproj like this.
  17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Died like the traitor she is.:vader:

18. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Is that you Reva?

starocean90 likes this.
  19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    yup that was joke but there is no Reva emoji.

Reva screaming traitor,reminds of that Stormy screaming same at Finn. Also is ironic, considering she's no better lol, hypocrisy, she tries to murder 2 of her superiors and doesn't care about Empire anyways.

Sarge and Sproj like this.
  20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I disagree that Tala had a "lot more to give". I mean, I love her, she is one of the best characters in the show, and the work she has been doing since defecting from the Empire puts her in direct risk, so it makes sense that at some point she would pay with her life. I am sad about her death because she was awesome, but also happy that they finally killed someone whose death has gravity and makes sense. Could and should have happened with a few more.

wobbits and gat-65b like this.
  21. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    Agree. The important thing is she was a great character to watch. Plus I always tire of the small galaxy syndrome and while her appearance would make sense in future Rebel cells, I'm happier to see a new bunch of Rebels. It should be a big movement.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    The weird thing to me...she had the thermal detonator. You don't save that til you are shot full of holes and about to die. When the Imps were all crowded in the hallway you throw it in there and take a bunch out.

Sarge likes this.
  23. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    =D=

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  24. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    Man, this death hit me hard. I was in bits…..just like Tala.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I truly, deeply, love Tala and it saddened me to see her die, but at least she had time to touch my heart with the words "This was never who I was" ️‍⚧️
    Rest in peace, my hero @};-

Blame_It_On_Lucas likes this.