main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 5 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 14, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 22, 2022.
  1. 10

31.0%
  2. 9

26.7%
  3. 8

17.1%
  4. 7

14.4%
  5. 6

4.8%
  6. 5

1.6%
  7. 4

1.6%
  8. 3

0.5%
  9. 2

0.5%
  10. 1

1.6%
  1. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    At least the other part of you wants a second season. :D

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What about a Yoda: The Dagobah Years series which would hardly take place on Dagobah?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I for one would like a second season. Use the actors! While they're here, and willing, and able.... and mostly the right age, mostly.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He’ll be back they are always back

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    A luminous being is Wade.

LedReader and SHAD0W-JEDI like this.
  6. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Baby Leia lol. Yea, Vivian has killed it. I really didn't know what to expect from the series but her as an addition has been fun. A solely Tatooine based season...I don't know how I'd like that. I'd probably watch it though.

Count Yubnub and Yanksfan like this.
  7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    FTFY

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Until force ghost Wade speaks to Obi-Wan in the final episode.

“Master Qui-Gon, is that you?”

“No. It’s Wade.”

“Oh.”

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Def Trooper, LedReader, 3sm1r and 3 others like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wade has become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This is the Wade.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So basically he became Wader. Darth Wader

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Amazing!

Bor Mullet and Darth Smurf like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What was he a 3 year old who can’t say V

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He's more meme now than man.

15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I enjoy watching Obi-Wan be off-planet. so i wouldn't mind tbh. 20 years stuck on one planet is a long time. 10 years is even a long time. 5 years could also be considered a long time

Count Yubnub likes this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Loved episode 5, otherwise known as the "penultimate." Apart from the first episode, this episode basically embodied all I had hoped an Obi-Wan Kenobi series would involve. can't wait till the finale tomorrow!

17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I think the idea that Obi-Wan would just sit around and watch over Luke is kind of nonsense anyway--if his task was to just sit around watching over Luke, then Bail wouldn't have contacted him for help in ANH. Clearly, Bail expected Obi-Wan to temporarily abandon watching over Luke to help him & Leia out.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  18. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed. After seeing how active and influential he was in the PT, I had never believed that all he did in the 20 years in between ROTS and ANH was just sit in his hut on Tattooine and go to Chalmun's Cantina on Wednesday nights.

So far, everything I've seen in the Kenobi series has been entirely plausible in the two decades that passed (which is a long time really-basically my entire childhood)! The fact that in ANH it seems as if Leia and her father knew Obi-Wan, and knew they could turn to him for help makes even more sense. I also love that Leia (the other twin they're hiding) is the main reason he's off planet. No better reason IMO; to protect Anakin's other child!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    But Wednesday night is Karaoke Night!

DARTH_BELO and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I personally don't think we've seen enough of Chalmun's. And Obi-Wan's going to be need a drink after all these old wounds being opened up... :)

DARTH_BELO and CampOfSorgan like this.
  21. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I'm amazed at how many people missed the second ship in the hangar in earlier shots of the episode.

22. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    How do you mean?

23. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Yeah...the thing is the primordial aspect for me in media with the exception of perhaps music, is the writing. If the writing is there I could care less about anything else its lacking. Because love Kenobi and the fact that it doesn't have air tight writing, I would rather see it end then see it turn aggravating like TCW or furiously offensive like the ST.

At same time, I share this mindset as well and I believe that that there may be a second season on principle that the last episode has too many loose strings to answer and the writing is too uneven to manage wrapping everything up in one episode. I think is down right unrealistic to expect so at this point.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Count Yubnub and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave the episode a 7/10 (kind of a trend for me for all of these Kenobi episodes)

Some things of note:
    • I'm sure depending on who you are, many people were excited to see Hayden and Ewan at it again in the flashback sequence. I've read that some people have questioned why they didn't at least use some CGI makeup to make Anakin look younger than Hayden is now
    • Bail relays the new taped message to Kenobi; but doesn't seem all that concerned by Leia's whereabouts (only talking about Luke)?
    • So the truth about Reva's history is finally revealed. She has a grudge on Vader for what happened to her as a youngling during Order 66. If Order 66 happened about 10 years ago, that makes Reva to be no more than around 20, correct? Just checking. It was interesting that apparently Vader couldn't sense her true intentions all along, or could he? "keep your enemies close"?
    • So the original Grand Inquisitor lives. They never actually tell you how he survived getting stabbed by a lightsaber, did they?

25. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Just the overall feel of the episode I guess...The troopers, inquisitors and Vader all involved, Leia having something to do (even if she has kind of been in the background these last couple episodes), Obi-Wan kind of reclaiming some of his Jedi leadership qualities in how he helped and reassured the group in hiding, a character's heroic death, Obi-Wan fighting off imperial forces, the interesting twist with Reva and her history, and of course the flashbacks with Obi-Wan and Anakin and how those flashback scenes related to Vader's actions during that episode. It was really just everything combined. I also loved the first episode, for its "character development" qualities.

Granted, at the time of this posting I have not seen the final episode yet, since I'm at work right now!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.