main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi Character Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 23, 2022.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I imagine part of the suspense will be Obi Wan trying to get to Tatooine and safely returning Leia to Bail but being distracted/forced to face Vader again... cutting into the time he is racing against.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also Reva knows about the children. So she will have to be faced. And I don’t think Kenobi will let her live.

3. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I thought this little tidbit may be of service here. I was part of a USO webinar this afternoon with Ewan and Hayden.

One of the questions that were asked of Ewan was "What was the inspiration for your emotional portrayal during the scene when Obi Wan first heard Anakin was alive?"

Ewan said it was difficult to describe. He stammered a little bit but finally said "you just have to put yourself in the characters shoes. The biggest loss Obi Wan is carrying is Anakin. He feels the grief and the guilt, he should have known or should have seen it. "I was thinking of Hayden. We're brothers and I wouldn't want to lose Hayden to the dark side."

4. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship is so central to the Star Wars mythos. I think they both probably have the strongest character arcs in the franchise.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought Vader would kill her from the beginning, nothing has changed my mind but I have a faint doubt she may survive now... until season 2.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Really? You don’t think he’s gonna jump ship to divert Vader’s attention away thus allowing the others to escape? I think another duel is a guarantee.

Bor Mullet and MercenaryAce like this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    If all of that happens, I just hope that the episode is movie length, because there is a ton to resolve.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If she survives, this will be known as the series of characters that take fatal blows and don't die.

I can see someone making the cliche quote now: "Why won't you just...DIIIEEE!!??" :rolleyes:

I really hope she doesn't come back. I liked her, but...I can't take all these magical survivals and resurrections!!

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would hope that's not the case. The idea that the scene we got with Vader literally wiping the floor with Ben would be their only direct confrontation with eachother in this series doesn't sound that great.

Also, I'd hope their last meeting before ANH would involve some kind of Obi-Wan either "defeating" or at least outsmarting Vader-which would lend itself to Vader's line "when I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master." I know this point can be interpreted in different ways but I personally feel they need to make that line work in some way, so it doesn't just feel jarring when watching ANH now.

Then again, if we're getting another season, I suppose the Vader confrontations could continue really...

PS. Sorry for the DP, but it's too late to edit and add.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    They will definitely fight in Part VI. Possibly in a spaceship somewhere, to mirror the second Death Star, while Bail, Owen and Beru are forced to face Reva on Tatooine.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now I need this to play out that Bail is more reasonable than Owen and sees that she is a broken person and pities her so talks her into leaving the fight behind and living happily ever after in peace... on Alderaan.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I was glad he got the control panel and mask

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I liked how Obi-Wan's costume changed as his connection to the Force strengthened throughout the series. Having him back on full Jedi robe by the end of it truly felt like the end of a journey (and the beginning of another ;)).

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It all felt very force unleashed esque. Vader and Obi Wan even both performed impressive feats of force mastery.

15. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Much of this series was clearly inspired by TFU, Rebels, and Fallen Order.

themoth likes this.
  16. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    If we get a season two I hope there’s at least one episode dedicated to a Kenobi/Vos Mos Espa pub crawl.;)

Lulu Mars likes this.
  17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The Jundland Wasted...

Sarge likes this.
  18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I tend to be pretty immune to anything that might trigger nostalgia in modern Star Wars storytelling. But seeing Ewan in the Alec Guinness robes at the end of this series?

Oh baby.
    Oh baby for sure.

19. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I liked watching Obi-Wan retreat into that um Dune Sea passage? After Qui-Gon appeared it was full of light, reminding one that light comes from within...

Lulu Mars likes this.
  20. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    That might be Beggar's Canyon. If it is, then that specific spot is probably where the podracers enter the homestretch in TPM. Which would mean that Mos Espa is pretty close by.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ben Kenobi and Qui gon Jinn. Love this character.

22. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    When I rewatched that scene again, I realized that this is a different location. Most likely the beginning of the rocky parts of the Jundland Wastes, where Ben's hut is.

Bor Mullet and Count Yubnub like this.