main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if this show will almost feel like an animated show with a live action skin.

2. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    An [interview](https://www.romper.com/entertainment/bryce-dallas-howard-easter-traditions-mandalorian) with Bryce Dallas Howard:

>H: I love Clone Wars. It’s my favorite.
    BDH: Without giving anything away, you are going to love the Ahsoka show that's coming up. I cannot tell you anything, but what I can say is that you being a fan of the Clone Wars will be greatly rewarded.

This also means either Ahsoka is involved in Mando S3, or BDH is involved in the Ahsoka show because she knows about it.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know, I wonder if Ashoka will be the most....Different looking from the other series.

Less OT grounded looking and more...Trippy.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This show could be Mortis/Force Priestesses/WBW, trippe crazy. Go fot the story Luke was going to have in the ST visits midichlorians planet. Explore Ahsoka's connection with the Daughter of Mortis.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    QuinlanSolo likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Filoni!
    Reliable leaker has heard Plo Koon might appear in Ahsoka (flashback).

Yeah Barris Offee is 90% a sure thing now.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Cast of characters has been cast.
    Thrawn recast?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    New updates for Ahsoka show.
    AHSOKA: Filming starting soon at Manhattan Beach Studios, sets being created at trainyard filming locations used in Mandalorian/Boba/Kenobi. Sets look like ancient ruins/temple ruins. Includes images of crumbly rock formations/stairs.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  10. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    AusStig likes this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  12. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Ahsoka will debut in 2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So this is a sample size of 1, but I was talking to my mom the other day -- she's not a huge Star Wars fan by any means -- and she tells me she was finally catching up with all the Mando shows on Disney+, and mentions casually in the conversation that she was glad to see movie characters like "that orange girl" come back. So I was like ????? -- Ashoka??? Because I've had conversations with her before and she's all but oblivious to TCW's very existence (in fact, the few times I've ever mentioned TCW we seem to get into this cyclical conversation where she thinks there were no full-scale Star Wars cartoons past the 80s and TCW stuff is a marketing gig, so I dunno).

But no, I show her a picture of TCW Ahsoka and she has no idea what I'm talking about. Turns out she was thinking of Shaak Ti. Which is interesting, because she's seen the prequels enough and apparently the ROTS cut scenes at some point to remember Shaak Ti, and she thinks live-action adult Ahsoka is Shaak Ti.

She might just be an outlier, but it did make me wonder if there could be others who made the connection between PT Shaak Ti and live-action Ahsoka, especially if they don't watch cartoons. It also made me wonder how they'll handle Ahsoka in the live-action show. A fair number of people watching Disney+ aren't familiar with TCW and probably won't go back to watch them all. We're almost certainly going to have a live-action young Ahsoka at some point as a flashback origin story for those who aren't familiar with her tale, which may be a large proportion of the Disney+ viewers right now.

14. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Your mom is cool. My mom fell asleep while watching TESB in the theater and snored so loudly that people around us were actually laughing. It's actually kind of amazing that my early Star Wars fandom survived that thermonuclear level of embarrassment.

Anyway, I imagine Disney+ will probably have one of those "Ahsoka Tano Essential Episodes" things like they do, which may or may not help casual fans get up to speed with the character depending on how much they actually pay attention to things like that. They had one for Ahsoka back when the Clone Wars final season was happening, I think.

Vialco likes this.
  15. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    B-but Shaak Ti is RED!
    [​IMG]

Ghost and AusStig like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Ahsoka, Wolfs and Plo Koon appearance with Anakin force ghost.:p

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  17. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Lol. Oh boy. We are never going to be finished with Ahsoka. Dave Filoni is now equating it to religion. Forty years from now when they are telling stories set a thousand years into the future an almost ninety year old Filoni will come out of retirement to do an Ahsoka episode.

Vialco, Golbolco and Watcherwithin like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Post TROS a older Ahsoka helps Rey with Rebuilding the Jedi order. She is not dying until end of the Skywalker saga. Maybe not even then. Dont forget 100 year old Hondo Ohnaka.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  19. beskarmando8

beskarmando8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2022
    I hope that Thrawn is done better than in Rebels. I love Filoni's work and seeing Thrawn in rebels, but I feel like he kinda acts out of character sometimes. His rantings about "the only thing that matters is who has power" (or something like that), shooting Bendu for saying something he didn't like, bombarding civilians on Lothal, etc. are out of character for him. I hope he rereads the trilogy of Thrawn trilogies, and maybe Outbound Flight. Still excited, though.

Darth Caliban and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, I think sometimes Rebels Thrawn was spot-on Zahn, and other times they missed the mark. The Bendu episode was trying hard to follow Princess Monoke, which was in some ways impressive, and other ways trying to shoehorn Thrawn into a role he didn't exactly fit. But admittedly, if they're just following TTT-Thrawn, it sort of works. The speeder bike torture scene was very TTT-Thrawn. Less so Thrawn of the newer books (who I like to think of as a younger, more innocent Thrawn...)

I'm nervous about live action Thrawn. He's a delicate character balancing act at this point.

21. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Even comparing him to the Thrawn of Heir to the Empire and that trilogy where he’s the big villain, there was still a very specific characterisation where everything he did was born out pragmatism, which offset the more stereotypical villain tropes. Rebels slipped here and there and made him a bit of a generic imperial. Though for the most part I think they got him right.

What concerns me about Ahsoka is the performance. Lars Mikkelsen and that particular take that he and Filoni cooked up of Thrawn is pretty iconic for me. If they haven’t cast the right actor to keep that kind of consistent performance it’s going to be really off-putting.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Iron_lord likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think people tend to forget that one of Thrawn's big character moments in TTT was casually mentioning how he genocided a species because he didn't understand their art.

Thrawn prefers not to get too nasty, but because he finds its wasteful and inefficient rather than morally repugnant, and can be every bit as ruthless as the average imperial if he thinks it is the best way to win.

Even in one of the newer novels with a younger, more idealistic Thrawn
    Admits he would have used a horrible superweapon with all kinds of nasty sideeffects if he needed to in order to win - he didn't need it there, but he would have done if it did.

So honestly I think bombarding Lothal as the most efficient way to deal with an insurgency he wasn't otherwise in a good position to do anything about is pretty in character.

AusStig and Foreign32567 like this.
  23. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    They give him an “out” in the finale, where he outright tells Ezra that he doesn’t want to destroy Lothal but he’s now in a situation where he’s forced to. Palpatine being “present” on the Chimaera also adds to that.

I think the scene where Hera is being tortured in Jedi Night is far more egregious in terms of the character’s writing. The way he rubbed it in Hera’s face about her brother who died as a child. Thrawn’s cold but he’s never struck me as a sadistic character and that scene felt very lazy to me.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  24. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. After Treason it was extremely dangerous to Thrawn's mission to dissatisfy Palpatine any further.

IMO, this scene and conversation with Ezra after his surrender can be viewed as Thrawn acting like this not for the sake of being sadistic, but because of deliberately exerting psychological pressure for pragmatic reasons, like he did with Qilori - with only difference that Hera and Ezra are much more strong willed than navigator, so pressure should have been much stronger (and, in result, cruel).

25. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    I think Thrawn is a meme character. Blue space Sherlock, but wot if lawful evil. The whole "deducing strategy from art" schtick is particularly meme-worthy.

Anyway, I'd rather have some good old Sith cultists. Remember Jedi Academy? Tavion and Alora. Now that would be fun. And Ezra is already kind of Rosh Penin, if you know what I mean [face_laugh]

AusStig likes this.