main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Rank each episode of Kenobi

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jun 22, 2022.

?

Which episode was the best?

1. Episode 1

9.3%
  2. Episode 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Episode 3

1.9%
  4. Episode 4

1.9%
  5. Episode 5

13.0%
  6. Episode 6

74.1%
  1. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    5, 1

Maybe? I only feel confident about the top and bottom slots

No one else picked 3? I thought the entire episode's buildup to the Vader-Obi Wan confrontation and the confrontation itself was awesome & terrifying. The worldbuilding with the path was also really good, and this was also a great one for Obi Wan & Leia. I just think it felt the most well done overall

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    An hour and a half was enough for me to think about it.

I wanted to give love to Parts I and II that were an amazing introduction to this show.
    I wanted to give love to Part III because it had the scariest Darth Vader we have seen.
    And I wanted to give love to Part V because it was the most badass Vader we have seen.

But I ultimately had to go with Part VI, because the 2 minutes where Anakin is broken figuratively and literally, and Obi-Wan is apologizing to him, made me tear up, and made me feel all the feels, and somehow made watching that scene almost unbearable. It hurt the same way that ROTS hurt. Daym.

If I HAVE to do a ranking....

1. Part VI
    2. Part V
    3. Part III
    4. Part I
    5. Part II
    6. Part IV

3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I have a feeling that this series is going to become a very dear Star Wars content for me. Chapter 6 was incredible, and 5 is not hard to rank near the top either, but I enjoyed elements from all of the others:

1 I really enjoyed as an opening chapter, and that cantina scene;
    2, which I honestly have a little of a soft spot for, because of the city, the general pace and the establishment of dynamics between characters; 3, for Vader´s cruelty, establishing an apparently insurmountable antagonist;
    4, that did have interesting elements too, like the fortress, the reveal of the tombs and giving context to Obi Wan´s gradual back to form.

Not denying it had flaws, but are secondary to all the elements it got right for me. Most importantly, this series brought some great feelings, very reminiscent of what I remember having watching the OT as a child. For that alone I'm grateful.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, it is indeed obligatory! :p

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Episode 5 is the top for me, because of the neat flashbacks, getting Reva's backstory at last, and the final duel between her and Vader. As for weakest episode? Hmm, hard to say, though I was very lukewarm on the finale, that kinda cast a pall over the whole show. It was all just kinda... adequate at best. Even Book of Boba Fett managed a few home runs and a more consistently enjoyable moment-to-moment energy. I didn't get much from Kenobi really. Oh well.

6. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Best to Worst
    6: The duel between Vader and Obi-Wan really delivered for me. Virtually not a single nitpick or complaint on my end.
    5: The pacing was brilliant; this was probably Reva at her most entertaining as well.
    3: I got chills at least a few times in this one ("I am what you made me.")
    1: A great foundation.
    2: Vader/Anakin revealed was pretty brilliant. The rest of the episode wasn't consistently special a lot of the time.
    4: Better than most give it credit for, but rescuing Leia from the fortress feels like a lot of padding even compared to other episodes.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Correct.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    PymParticles likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Best to least best:

6 - 10/10
    5 - 9/10
    3 - 8/10
    4 - 7/10
    2 - 6.5/10
    1 - 6/10

All in all, I gave the entire series 8/10.

9. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Part 1 (10/10)
    Part 6 (9/10)
    Part 3 (8/10)
    Part 2 (7/10)
    Part 5 (6/10)
    Part 4 (5/10)

I thought the show started and finished incredibly strong with mixed results in between. But I give the series "extra credit" for sticking the landing, which so many franchise shows/movies can't seem to do. Still, part of me wonders if it would have been a SW all-timer if it stayed a film instead of stretching out to a mini-series.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I definitely think that if all 6 episodes were released at once, exactly as they are, people would be less critical of stuff that they didn't like in the middle episodes. They would binge the whole show in one or two viewings, and would be very very satisfied with the "sticking of the landing", as you said. But that's only a hypothesis. Can't really know for sure. I think that releasing one episode a week hurts the reception of a show like this. Lots of people are not patient enough to see where it was going, and started heavily criticizing the show even since Week 2 or 3.

Valiowk and ComfortablyNunb like this.
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I agree. I'm one of them. :)

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  12. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020

13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Kidding aside, the lack of early development for Reva was something I didn't like. It paid off as part of the reveal that she was, in fact, after Vader. But, I didn't really like her character until then. Binging the series in a day or two would have fixed that. Episodes 5 and 6 really fixed most of my issues with her. That's one of the reasons I rank them so highly.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    This series especially should be viewed as a whole and not individually. It explains why there are no Chapter/Episode titles. Simply Part I, II, ….. It would be like dividing the saga into 40 minute intervals and grading them. If YouTubers did that, the saga would no longer be epic.

15. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I mean.... I agree wholeheartedly with every single thing.

I wasn't too "strict" in my judgement while the show was still only 2-3 episodes in, but I have definitely made a bunch of posts where I am emphasizing on how I don't like Reva as a character, and neither Ingram's acting. Which I insist, was not that great in the first couple of episodes. She was far more capable of delivering emotional moments in the last episodes where she is broken, than convincing me that she is badass just because she screams all the time.

So when I said that it would have worked better for the show if the episodes were released all together for some people, I included myself to those people too :p

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  16. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Unpopular opinion but I liked episode 4. I expected a lot from finale so disappointment does show in rating. Sure episode 4 had some really dumb things too, but overall I enjoyed it most. Funny how most rank is the worst episode.

My rating is as follows:
    ep 4.
    ep 3.
    ep 5.
    ep 6.
    ep 2.
    ep 1

None of the episodes were awful but some things I really disliked were this entire Grand Inquisitor storyline, which was dumb, The fifth Brother- Reva rivalry was dumb, inept imperials especially in episodes 4 and 6 were just so dumb.

Vader being vengeful in episode 3 was cool, Tala was a great character so her episodes were better for that reason alone. I liked the flashback in episode 5. I think flashback in every episode would have been great in this show. Either from point of view of Reva, Vader or Obi-Wan.

I liked seeing Alderaan in episode 1 but it was overall weakest because introduction for inquisitors were rather lame IMO. Didn't like it at all. The scene with Owen was ok but the entire thing that they just happened to be on Tatooine and Reva suddenly talks about finding Kenobi was so laughable it still bugs me.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  17. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    I loved everything from episode 2-6. 1st episode was just a bit slow, but it gets a pass from me :)

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018

19. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd go:

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    On a re-watch, my ranking has changed a touch.

There's just something about the episode 5 trapped rebels situation that doesn't ring true to me. Feels a lot like Crait 2.0, actually. Only all red instead of white and red. Why didn't Reva use her lightsaber on the door right away? Why did the Imperials block the roof opening? Why is everyone not already on the transport behind multiple blast door, instead of waiting by the very outermost door? Too many contrivances. And then it's visually the ugliest, with that muddy rust red palette across the whole thing.

Episode 2 feels cinematically the sloppiest. The blaring dramatic music while Reva is doing parkour, for example, is almost comedic. Akin to the infamous spin move in BOBF. And then the murdering of the GI feels like an unearned moment with attempted shock value at its core.

On the other hand, episode 4 came across as one of my favorites. And episode 1 moves up the ranks - with the Alderaan material, particularly Leia dealing with her cousin and her chat with Bail, being so great. Lastly, the finale just gets better and better. Way out in front, that one is.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  24. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    I would say:

5 and 6

Obviously the last episode had the best moment of the series for me (and one of the most emotional moments in all star wars imo), but after rewatching the episodes I can't bring myself to rate episode 5 lower than 6. It was just so well done, the flashbacks managed to shock me even if I knew that there had to be flashbacks at some point (also, they were cleverly included in a way that were relevant to the events of the episode), Vader was AWESOME (so was the soundtrack), and it captured perfectly the nuances to the relationship between Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan. Really, really good episode, this was the one where I thought "hell yeah, this is what I've been waiting for all these years". But then episode 6 had THAT duel, THAT scene, so yeah, I think it's only fair to rate both episodes at the same level. I also loved episode 3 so much, but I think that 5 and 6 are on another level.

As for episode 4, it's not that I didn't like it, but I felt frustrated after watching it because it was SO short and it really felt like a transition episode. And a transition episode in a 6 episode series that you've been waiting for so long... yeah, frustrating. But not bad if you consider it as part of the series as a whole.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Ingram’s acting was clearly great from the start. Between her, McGregor and Vivien Lyra Blair (and honorable mention to Indira Varma, who is always good), this was one of the best-acted Star Wars offerings yet.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    TCF-1138 likes this.