main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Do you want a Season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TFWBWYA, Jun 24, 2022.

?

Do you want a Season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2022.
  1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

34.1%
  3. Unsure

30.2%
  1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    McGregor was amazing, I think. And I know he should be used sparingly and (in my mind) should not cross paths again with Obi Wan until ANH, but I truly ended up wanting to see more of Hayden Christensen as Vader! And Rupert Friend as the Grand Inquisitor, too... I will happily watch a series that gets us the chance to see his take on the character again.

wobbits and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    If Kenobi Season 2 is actually just another project featuring Hayden and Ewan (Clone Wars mini series please) then hell yeah.

If another season is a continuation of what we saw, then no. They raised the stakes so high for this series (Kenobi vs Vader, planet hopping adventure) that they can’t top it without making it ridiculous. And a smaller scale story could work, but at this point, why? I feel like this is the official Episode 3.5 with a very cathartic climax between Anakin and Obi-Wan, so I don’t see need for more.

wobbits and Valiowk like this.
  3. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    Its depends. There were rumors that the series was initially based on the fight against Asharad Hett (later known in Legends as Darth Krayt) who sees a threat to himself and his people (Tuskens) in Luke Skywalker. But they changed it and gave it a fight with Vader. Maybe they will. Personally, I would still prefer this version than fighting with Vader. And if they were to do the second season it's best around that, BUT if we get Vader and the Empire again, then thanks but no.

4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Kenobi ends with Obi-Wan leaving the cave where he could directly lookover Luke and moving far away to trust in Owen and Beru as Luke's primary protectors.

So Kenobi is no longer directly protecting Luke at the end of the show, and this is significant because it suggests that he has more time to head out on important missions.

The writers have intentionally created this opportunity for more seasons of Kenobi.

EDIT: One potential direction for more development would be introducing Kenobi's brother. He could be an important member of the Rebellion, or a scoundrel! Or both.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I think it’d be interesting if his brother and parents are imperial loyalists or something. I’m thinking a scene like the one at Iceman’s house in Xmen 2.

Let Obiwan learn the hard way that Qui-Gon was always his real pappy.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Played by Kenneth Branagh.

Darth Caliban and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    The season finale convinced me that I want to see multiple seasons of Ewan’s Obi-Wan. This is some of the finest acting he’s done in a long time. I want more. And I would be open to additional brushes with Hayden’s Vader, though I don’t absolutely need that.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope they do a second season where it turns out that Reva is Mace Windu's daughter and Grogu is indeed the son of Yoda and Yaddle.
    Hopefully they finally show how bad, hypocritical and depraved the Jedis were when it comes to their own morale codex.
    Further Obi needs to find his brother Bobi. Minutes later Quinlan Vos will show up to kill Bobi without any reason. Obi and Vos will have the LS fight of the century (because it looks cool). Leia will be busy running away from bounty hunters all the time. When finally Windu shows up, Obi will say: "Mace, you told me that the Jedi are civilized and live the codex and now you, and Yoda and ... all you told me was a lie!" Mace will answer: "What I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
    During that scene we will see Qui Gon FG disappearing in the background.
    [​IMG]

9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I like the idea above of Kenobi's brother being an Imperial!

TaradosGon likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I also want Season 3.

And a spinoff following Owen & Beru on their farm.

11. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Leaving some areas less finished in a painting, or more out of focus than others, allows the imagination to finish them and gives more importance to the detailed parts. - Author: Mary Beth McKenzie

Sarge likes this.
  12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    How about James McAvoy?

13. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    Here's a thought. Season 2 could include Mace Windu. He and Obi-Wan could meet up again. That would be fun. Yoda could also be included.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Have Obi Wan pop off to Dagobah to help sort an issue Yoda is having.

15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Let's have Ben go on that big spiritual journey with Qui-Gon. Maybe even have Yoda on as a guest star here and there. Heck, you don't even need visuals. Let the sounds of their voices guide you to uncover the mysteries of the Force.

I am, of course, talking about a podcast.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If a second season is done, I'd say have no Darth Vader for sure. Anything else that would involve Vader with another season would just be anticlimactic and ruin this first one. Things are now set up perfectly for what we see in ANH, in terms of specifically the relationship between Ben and Vader. Leave it there.

I wouldn't mind if a next season focused more on Luke. Maybe we could see Jabba the Hutt and things involving his world as well. Tusken raiders-maybe something showing why Obi-Wan knows so much about them (although that may feel redundant compared to BOBF). It would also be interesting to see Yoda as well. There's a few different ways that could work. I know they considered Maul being part of this originally, and might be interesting-but again IMO I wonder if that wouldn't feel anticlimactic compared to already seeing Vader.

Everytime I think about it though, I always come back to that they just shouldn't do a season two.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  17. TFWBWYA

Feb 21, 2022
    Darth Vader can still appear, just no interaction with Obi-Wan.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Apparently three stories were originally written to form a film trilogy, according to writer Stuart Beattie, of which the current TV series is only the first one. So it's not like there are no further stories.

TFWBWYA likes this.
  19. TFWBWYA

Feb 21, 2022
    Good point. They can be season 2 if handled well.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "Obi, have you ever tried not being a Jedi?"

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    At the end of ROTS, after the tragedy of Anakin and Padme, the film leaves me with a sense of hope, with the twins being dropped off to loving families, Yoda having more training for Obi-Wan.

OWK had to roll that back a little, to show how defeated Obi-Wan is, so as to end on a high optimistic note once more.

I think there are stories that can be told with Obi-Wan, but I think it would be difficult to go anywhere but down from Season 1.

There’s the potential for Maul, but is that going to have the same emotional impact. Especially for those that haven’t seen Rebels or TCW.

They could do something with his brother/family. I think that would be the obvious choice IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    I hope there's a second season and that Vader appears in it in some way! As you guys have said there are many possibilities to explore that don't necessarily involve Obi-wan confronting Vader. It'd be cool to have Hayden playing Anakin/Vader once again. We could finally get those clone wars flashbacks ;) And maybe Obi-Wan having a force vision of Anakin or something like that? The next season could be a lot more introspective focusing on Obi-Wan's character, so there's plenty of room for those things.

wobbits likes this.
  23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    That's true I suppose...although I'd prefer Vader not be in season 2. I'd prefer it focus squarely on Obi-wan...maybe Obi Wan and Luke.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This, to me, is the only thing that could rival the emotional impact of Obi-Wan and Vader.

And I think its the natural route to go, since Star Wars stories so often have a family dynamic.

As a bonus, political allegiances over bonds of friendship and family has become a very real thing, which could elevate a story like that even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Count me in. Season 2 with live action Clone Wars stories or a spin off with these? A thousand times yes.

Deliveranze and Sky_alma like this.