main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Beru Lars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master Jedi Fixxxer, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

Can we take a moment to appreciate Beru Lars? If there is a thread for Owen, I feel that Beru also deserves one, especially after this last episode.

I loved both of them in the finale, but especially Beru. She was straight to the point, decisive, and a total badass. I understand that Reva's journey was a very specific one that needed to (temporarily?) end the way that it did, but I honestly would have liked it even more if Beru had shot a hole through Reva's body, leaving no doubt this time about whether she is alive. But that did not remove at all from how awesome both of the Larses were. At the end of the day, these two people devoted their life to protect and raise Luke Skywalker, and it is certain that they did a great job providing him all the character traits that made him so special and the hero of the Lucas saga.

My only complaint is that we didn't get to see a little bit more of her. The story they crafted didn't leave much room for that, but who knows, maybe she'll return in the future. I love how both character posters for Owen and Beru have little Luke in the background within the eye. Nice touch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    whostheBossk, wobbits, Wolf43 and 5 others like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not asking for help seemed silly though. A little too much rugged individualistic messaging there (though it’s also appropriate for a settler mindset…). Had they three or four more people with them, they probably could’ve overwhelmed Vader. As it stands, Luke would’ve been murdered if Reva didn’t have a pang of conscience.

That all said, I thought the performance was excellent. And shows that Beru was not just boiling cabbages and offering blue milk on the homestead.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I was under the impression that they didn't ask for help so that they can protect Luke's identity.

Even with 20 people there they would not have overwhelmed Vader :p

4. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I was just thinking that Beru deserved her own thread!! If someone would have told me a year ago that Aunt Beru was going to give a nuclear slap to an Inquisitor I would have said "what a strange thing to say" but this show made complete sense out of it [face_laugh].

And it was great seeing Bonnie Piesse back too. She and Joel Edgerton both deserved to have more to do with their characters and they certainly did a great job, when given the chance!

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Can give some love to the original actress as well.

[​IMG]

6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I thought about it, but I am sure she has been given a lot of love in the OT forums.
    Since this topic is about Beru in Kenobi, I emphasized on that.
    The more the merrier though, both actresses are great.
    And what a great casting by George Lucas in the prequels, to match how Beru looks like older.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Beru Whitesun Lars is the true female hero of this franchise.

"Shut up and take your rifle, Owen".
    "Who's fault is it that Ben isn't here? Yours. But we'll be fine on our own".
    "She'll come when the suns go down. We'll kill the hell out of her then".
    "Keep my wife's name out of your ****ing mouth! *SLAP!*"

8. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I chuckled. And that slap was one of the best moments in the episode, which says a lot.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A dozen or more trained Rebel soldiers armed with blasters couldn't overwhelm Vader in RO.
    [​IMG]

wobbits likes this.
  10. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_laugh] Oooo come on, he meant Reva! One can't make a tiny mistoke these days!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Beru nearly slapped Reva's eye out of her damn head. Imagine if 4 of them all slapped Vader at the same time. His helmet would have looked the same as it did after his fight with Kenobi.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    All they really need to do is tell their friends that the lady who threatened Owen in town is back and is crazy and they need help. I am sure some would help.

I mean Cliegg Lars was able to get a lot of people to hunt down some Tusken’s.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I was about to bring up Cliegg Lars and his "Thirty of us went out after her, four of us came back," but yeah. I guess whether or not settlers help each other out depends on the seriousness of the danger and whether or not it furthers the plot. (Wanna hunt Tuskens who kidnapped a woman? Wanna beat a dangerous criminal gang? Hell yeah, let's all band together! Wanna beat one single crazy lady who's already injured? Nah, I'm good, go do it yourself)

Aaaaaaanyway, yeah I thought Beru was great in this series. I'd been looking forward to seeing her and she did not disappoint.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh don’t get me wrong ai loved her in the show. But there was not much logic in her we can do it ourselves. Unless the only reason they previously had friends was because of Shmi and Cliegg. Maybe they are mean to everyone.

15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Wish we'd gotten to see more of her

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Completely different circumstances and scenarios, but ok, I'll bite :p

^ First of all this. Which is a non factor in asking for help when it comes to Shmi.

And second, it is reasonable for Beru to think that the two of them can hold the fort with their rifles and preparation against one injured, albeit powerful, person. If they also had to go after a village of 50-60 Tuskens to save Luke, they probably would have not gone on their own. And by probably, I mean without a doubt :p

Sarge, wobbits and Count Yubnub like this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    I was being facetious. But yes, Beru literally says that she thinks the two of them can do it together. See the gif a few posts above :)

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Yeap, I am just responding to the idea that Beru's suggestion doesn't make sense.
    It ended up being a very close fight. I don't think it showed that Reva completely overpowered them or toyed with them.
    Did she beat them? Well yeah, it was kind of expected. But they definitely had a chance.
    And Beru had probably never seen an inquisitor in action. Hence she was more confident than Owen.

Sarge and Count Yubnub like this.
  19. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    One of my favorite lines in the whole series with that look on Owen's face as soon as she said it. [face_laugh]

Owen got to burn Obi Wan, Owen gets burned by Beru.

20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    And then the Empire burns both of them. Too soon? :_|

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    And it just continued to get better as she is opening her personal secret rifle stash while Owen is all "What even is happening..."

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    She revealed that stash and I loved her for it.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Didn’t help her with the empire. Are they the only named characters to die to stormtroopers outside of Rogue one?

24. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Anakin gets burned by Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan gets burned by Owen, Owen gets burned by Beru, both Owen and Beru get burned by the Empire. Now the circle is complete.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Did they know Reva was injured?