main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Do you want a Season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TFWBWYA, Jun 24, 2022.

?

Do you want a Season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2022.
  1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

34.1%
  3. Unsure

30.2%
  1. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    Clone Wars flashbacks with Obi-Wan and Anakin would be amazing !

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  2. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    It works as a stand alone series but I'm fine with season 2. Vader can still be in it but I don't think they should fight again. Little Leia and Luke can still be in it but we just check on on them to see how their doing. No more big Adventures because there has to be that gap Obi doesn't really see Leia or Luke before "A New Hope". Maybe introduce Starkiller or a new Vader Apprentice in Live Action and he sends him to hunt Obi Wan. They add in Obi trying to find surviving Jedi and learning more for Qui Gon. I just don't think this is type of series you do more than 3 seasons with.

[​IMG]

3. TFWBWYA

Feb 21, 2022
    This show only has to have 2 seasons, in my view. No more.

They could include Cal Kestis as well. The timeline matches. He and Obi-Wan could go on a mission or 2.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I’m still hoping I get to see Hayden with that beautiful 2005 mullet again :p Ahsoka might have that covered, but still :p

5. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    First Wednesday without a new Kenobi episode and I'm going through withdrawal symptoms already. So yeah, bring us that second season please ;)

Count Yubnub likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, please, and thank you.

I think it's inevitable.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Or hurry up with the Owen & Beru show.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    With Obi-Wan wan Kenobi being a movie trilogy, and first season only being the first movie. Lets do both season 2 and three. It would end some years before AHN. Second movie would be all about becoming force ghost and accepting death, as we see in AHN.

10. elliot.saunders

elliot.saunders Jedi Knight

Sep 5, 2019
    I think it would be a great opportunity since Samuel L Jackson is so eager to play Mace windu again, that maybe he could show up in a potential season 2, find obi wan and realise what his purpose there is, and want to kill Luke seeing him as a threat being the son of anakin skywalker, obi wan convinces him it's not him who is the real threat but vader and the emperor, Mace comes to his senses but then immediately wants revenge against vader and sets off planet to face vader, meanwhile obi wan would come across a local threat in either jabba/Kryssantan/Asharad Hett.

Sent from my JAT-L41 using Tapatalk

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would be surprised if Mace doesn’t return because Sam has been so vocal about it.

Personally, I like Temuera’s idea though of Boba going after him. Or maybe Vader if Hayden gets his own spinoff.

I feel like either of those two characters is where the greatest story will be for him, should he return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_alma likes this.
  12. TFWBWYA

Feb 21, 2022
    So many possibilities:

Macu Windu in hiding from Boba Fett, Fett fighting Obi-Wan, Windu and Obi-Wan catching up.
    Yoda appearing
    Grand Inquisitor after Obi-Wan.
    Darth Vader appearing (not in contact with Obi-Wan)
    Darth Maul appearing and fighting Obi-Wan before their Star Wars Rebels fight. Obi-Wan fought Vader three times. Obi-Wan can fight Maul three times.
    Palpatine appearing again
    Clone Wars flash backs of Obi-Wan and Anakin, maybe even a young Ahsoka.
    Cal Kestis appearing.
    Qui-Gonn appearing and spending time with Obi-Wan.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Sky_alma likes this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    As hard as it is to say, because I love having Ewan and Hayden continuing their characters’ intersecting arcs, I would only endorse a Season 2 that told a standalone story separate from Season 1. This means Obi-Wan would be dealing with a threat different from Vader and the Empire.

I wonder how exploring Obi-Wan’s birth family and past (he came from Stewjon in Legends) would go over, for example.

I even think a Godfather II style narration would work- we could have the present story mixed with flashbacks to the PT/CW era that enhance Obi-Wan’s present arc- involving Hayden and even more PT cast members.

TaradosGon likes this.
  14. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Love the idea of Boba going after Obi-Wan in a Season 2. Would be extra sweet if they got Daniel Logan to portray the role for that time period.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Season 2 of Kenobi will be all about Kenobi becoming a force ghost and him accepting his death in future. Kenobi and Qui-Gon on their journey to Mortis, force planet Yoda visited and such.

16. TFWBWYA

Feb 21, 2022
    Obi-Wan could even visit Yoda on Dagobah.

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Personally, I think the best stories in Star Wars are of family tragedy. And I think now that Obi-Wan has established his family, I think that’s the best route to go IMO.

My pitch to that would be that Obi-Wan’s family are imperial loyalists who are actually fairly well to do in the Empire. That the Empire has been a great boon for the family, elevating them out of poverty, etc.

And when the “traitor” son enters the picture, the family has to decide what to do. And yes, they might hire bounty hunters like Boba to go after him quietly, so as not to draw attention to the family scandal.

Personally, with the way society is today, and with experiences in my own family, such a story would resonate with me.

That, and I think Jedi dealing with non-Force using villains would be cool. Like maybe a young Thrawn who is looking to elevate his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we will see master Yoda in cameo if they do the two other movies in one season pr two after this. I doubt Yoda didnt keep in contact with him.

19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I love how divided the results in this poll are at the moment.
    The numbers for yes, no and maybe, are 27-28-27 right now.

I voted for no (and still stand by it), but I would admittedly watch a 2nd season like crazy if they did one.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    I have the feeling that the yes option will only grow as the days go by and the nostalgia for the show will really start to kick in :p (even if that has already happened to some of us haha)

21. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I definitely want to see another season!

On a side note, I read Brotherhood just before the Obi-Wan series, it makes the Darth Vader/Obi-Wan story more tragic and sad

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There’s no way Lucasfilm sits on these stories. I’m 100% convinced we’ll get a second season now. Qui-Gon teaching Obi-Wan to Force ghost and Obi-Wan coming to terms with his own mortality… yes please! And it’s directly set up by the season finale.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like this.

24. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    I'd rather see a Vader focused series that picks up after the Kenobi series. Vader and Kenobi could never meet again until ANH, but there could be more Anakin/Obi-Wan flashbacks. There could even be some dream Vader has of 'if' where he, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka are Jedi Masters in their 40s, Mace is alive (SLJ cameo), only to be awakened to the nightmare of reality.

TaradosGon likes this.
  25. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    I think I would have been opposed to this before the beginning of the series first aired.. but after seeing Ewan back as Obi Wan, I wouldn't mind another season. As long as they have a story they feel is worth telling.