main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    OBI-WAN KENOBI Movie Writer Had Plans For Commander Cody; Comments On JEDI: FALLEN ORDER Similarities
    Early rumor was that Cody and a group of clones were gonna be the ones hunting Kenobi

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems Bad Batch season 2 will take on Commander Cody's arc.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    This would have been very good. If they make it the plot for season 2 . . . . argh, I don't know if I can handle getting sucked into another Obi-wan hype train after getting let down by season 1.

5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but apparently someone has translated all that Aurebesh (or it came straight from production notes), and this is what came up. Quite interesting, though I admit I know fewer than half of those names. Would be nice if we had a note for each one of those names, but that's why we have the Google I guess.

6. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    I am just happy that we got to see Jimmy Smits again. Love him!

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That would be interesting. Cody is a decent person. Seeing him balance who he is with what the empire is and the mind control chip would make for a fascinating story. Cody was probably a better warrior than Rex. Not sure if Rex was born more curious or if his time with Anakin and Ahsoka but Rex became much more of an outside the box creative thinker than Cody. That helped Rex deal with Order 66. Also Rex was tipped off about the mind control chips in advance.

I thought Cody was also more of a chain of command soldier. I feel like he’d have a harder time separating his identity from the clone army than Rex. Two interesting stories for Cody would be seeing Obi-Wan again and seeing Rex again. I feel like Rex would try to help Cody. I also see the Empire, maybe even Darth Vader wanting to work directly with Cody to find Obi-Wan.

Also Cody’s time working directly with Jedi could make him better at finding them in the imperial area.. if he’d go long with that job.

K2771991 and Mostly Handless like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t think having Tem play a central role again, only a totally different character, would’ve been the right move.

Sky_alma and Sarge like this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    It would be too soon after BOBF and Mando, although in retrospect I think the better move would be to let Boba rest in peace, and bring back Tem for the Rex/Cody roles instead.

11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Love it! "He was too angry to die!"

Darth Smurf and Mostly Handless like this.
  12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018

"Do you know who we are?"
    "We are influencers from Cool World"

"Oh how wrong the hashtags were"

I cannot with this video.

13. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    They were filming TBOB at the same time Kenobi was beiny filmed. That is how they got temuera to do that cameo. They were in the same place at same time.

Although they may have wrote cody out ages ago prior.

K2771991 likes this.
  14. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    So basically, Solo's financial failure caused Disney/Lucasfilm to question every single project they had in development. [face_thinking]

How can a mega-billion dollar corporation be so impulsive?! You don't call an 11th hour audible just because of ONE setback, especially when there are so many extenuating circumstances (e.g. TLJ division, lack of marketing time, proximity to Deadpool 2 and Infinity War).

That said, I really like reading Stuart Beattie's thought process on Obi-Wan -- he digs deep into the character's psychology, which is the most important thing. If they make Season 2, I'd love for him to be the head writer... though it sounds like he's kinda venting his frustration with Lucasfilm/Disney.

15. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Sweet. And it appears Vader was going to be in the story. Man yeah too bad they didn't do a movie. Some of the cons of the series were the parts that felt like expansions of a shorter story.

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I don’t think that’s exactly what happened. I believe Disney bought 20th Century Fox which means they own Avatar. Suddenly Disney had more franchises than they could make feature films about in a year.

Disney dumped Solo. Gave it minimum promotion. Disney made a choice to sub out Star Wars for Avatar. Solo’s box office was a choice not something that happened.

The other change was Disney going all in with streaming. It was also a choice to rework movies into TV shows.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Okay, so she didn’t know that Vader was Anakin. She’d been led to believe the lies about the Jedi Council being villains who tried to take over the Republic (which would then be why Council member Anakin Skywalker went around slaughtering younglings) and this is why she was obsessed with killing people like Obi-Wan. Once Obi-Wan had revealed the truth about Vader to her, she did a 180, told Vader that she’d killed Obi-Wan so he’d stop hunting him - and then Vader killed her.
    In short, she redeemed herself by sacrificing herself for the Jedi.

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Re: Reva, wait...but I thought there was a story group in place to catch these issues? Seriously though Reva is VERY similar to Second Sister from Fallen Order though Second Sister was way better.

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They're somewhat similar characters, but with completely different motivations, no?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    And their similarity is in that nearly ALL the Inquisitors are former Jedi who were lured to the Dark Side or tortured into hunting their former colleagues. It's rather an unavoidable comparison when being reasonable about the entire Inquisitor program.

22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I indeed struggle to find thaaaat many similarities between them. Sure they are both young women that turned to the dark side and started to hunt Jedi... but Trilla was one of the highest ranking Inquisitors, Reva the lowest; Trilla was tortured into it, Reva seemed to join willingly; Trilla was seeking revenge against the Jedi Order and Cere, Reva was going against Vader... and so on. I would go as far as to say Trilla got an evil looking helmet that made her a more direct aesthetic reference to Vader (a little like a canon Lumiya) while Reva was the most humanized, normal looking of the whole bunch.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  23. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    That's actually a really good point; plus, unlike with the Organas in OWK where their's no actual evidence they were responsable for Obi-Wan going to rescue Leia, Vader had pretty solid evidence of Leia's wrongdoing (not only did her crew fire on him, but her ship was part of a Rebel fleet, was given stolen plans and fled from Imperial authorities) - and yet it was still considered such a risk to arrest her that he had to concoct a cover story about their being some sort of incident that killed her and her crew in order to dodge senitorial backlash.

Having been watching TCW lately I've really come to like the idea of Cody and Rex becoming parellels of each other - Rex, being more independent, leaves Imperial service and eventually becomes a part of the Rebellion, while Cody, being more of a traditional "good soldiers follow orders" type who never got unchipped, becomes one of the few clones who remain in Imperial service.

Honestly, I'm sorta glad they made the choice they did; I was one of the people who felt they were risking oversaturating SW on the big screen with their original plan to just make movie after movie - I want more SW films, but I like it better now where we've gotten a break and not everything will be ontop of each other MCU style (IMO I have a similer feeling regarding TV at the moment - I'm enjoying everything they put out but I wish they were focusing less on making a lot of shows and more on diversifing a bit more in tone and era; like for example I love Mando and TBoBF, but do we really need *two* overlapping shows about Mandalorians set at the exact same time? Why not make TBoBF a novel or comic run and instead do a post-ST Filoni animated show centered around the ST heroes or a live-action show about Luke's academy?)

I certainly think OWK works *waaay* better as a TV miniseries rather then a trilogy of three(!) full length films (or even a longer show with more then one season).

There both Human women with dark skin who happen to be Imperial Inquistors.

That's basically where the similarities end; Reva is an infiltrator working a long-term game to insert herself into the Imperial hierachy in order to get close to Vader and kill him in revenge for the murder of her friends, and in the end finds redemption and rejects the Dark Side, while Trilla is geniunely in-line with the Empire, wants to see it suceed in it's goals and never actually gets a chance to truly break free of the Dark Side before being killed.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Mega-billion dollar corporations are not known for having courage or imagination. "Risk averse" is the polite term.

25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012