main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Office in Space or Under Water?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid, Jun 30, 2022.

?

Where would you rather work in Star Wars

This poll will close on Jun 30, 2032 at 10:05 PM.
  1. In Space

58.1%
  2. Under the Sea

41.9%
  1. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I’m rewatching Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The Inquisitor Fortress has all these offices, hallways, and meeting rooms underwater with huge windows creating a reverse aquarium. Big fish are swimming around in the distance. It’s haunting and a little scary. Very unique for Star Wars.

Then I’m thinking most of the time we see characters working the same way but in space. Instead of water and fish the other side of the window is the cold vacuum of nothingness. But it’s not haughtily or scary.

In all of the Star Wars films I feel like General Grievous breaking a widow is the only time we have scary space.

Obi-Wan can’t go 15 minutes without flooding a base with water.

So where would you rather work in Star Wars? Under the sea or in space?

2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    The Subnautica approach - under water in space!

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd rather share my office with a bottomless pit without safety railings. That's an old Star Wars tradition as well, after all.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah I want my desk in the middle of a narrow platform randomly situated over a chasm.

5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Put me working on mustafar, it all looks very stable after all.

6. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    If you had an office in one of the giant termite mounds on Geonosis would you be allowed to take your bug spray to work during the summer? Make some calls, send some emails, update a spreadsheet, commit genocide, all before lunch.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Space. Preferably a mobile ship. Imagine the views. You could park right by a nebula.

8. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
  9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    (Checks really quick) Yep, I'm still in the SWTV forum, but I'm not sure what this thread is doing here.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Under the sea and can fish with the fishes.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have nightmares about drowning despite the fact that I’m a good swimmer, so…space it is.

12. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
  13. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Under the ocean. While being in space would be cool, it could quickly lose its novelty after a while. Although a good view of a nebula or celestial body would be gorgeous.

At least if you were underwater, you could always look out for fishes!

14. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm not fond of the idea of being sucked into space. At least in the water i have a chance.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  16. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Oooo and the purrgils were swimming in it... that´s deep, duuude.

17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
  18. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Straight under that big waterfall on Canto Bight; about half way up. There, I'm neither underwater, or on land - or even in space for that matter.

I would have massive, full length windows - with giant windscreen wiper blades for the main part of the building.

And when I wanted a bit of sun, I would have my smaller, main office protrude from the waterfall on some heavy duty extension arm so that it looked like I was just hovering in the air.

I would also have some safety nets above for the luckless gambler who throws themselves off the waterfall - just so that I can fleece them of any remaining credits they may have before letting them continue the rest of their journey. The net would basically bounce them up and down into those remaining credits fell out of their pockets.

19. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Space.
    I'd actually be more nervous about flooding or drowning than losing oxygen from the vacuum of space coming in.

20. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Suffocation isn’t a big problem in GFFA, for underwater there are the rebreathers Obi-wan and Qui-gin used, for space there’s those masks Han and Leia use in the asteroid cave

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I laughed with this and I don't want to be a party pooper.... But aren't Mon Calamari able to swim in the water for quite some time?

22. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Yes, I was thinking Ackbar wants both and can’t decide, he’s a space squid

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Office IIIINNNNN SSPAAAACCCCCCE!!!

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I saw this thread title and I just instantly thought of a mockumentary in the style of The Office set entirely on Mon Calamari

25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I voted for "under the sea" because I would enjoy seeing marine life through the windows whenever I take a break.