main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 6 (Series Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 21, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jul 6, 2022.
  1. 10

46.6%
  2. 9

23.7%
  3. 8

8.7%
  4. 7

8.2%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

3.7%
  7. 4

0.9%
  8. 3

0.5%
  9. 2

0.5%
  10. 1

1.4%
  1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Let me help you out: it means they hated it. You're welcome.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Okay so I just watched ANH tonight w/OWK in mind and thought it adds context. It's really cool how small things even looks between Owen and Beru can speak volumes. I think the Leia scenes work as has been discussed in this thread as well.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now that I know Beru runs the farm I imagined Owen saying that the equipment needed to be fixed by mid-day or Luke would have hell to pay... and as he passed into the other room muttered "That's what you want to hear, right, Beru?"

wobbits and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And by "more powerful than you can possibly imagine" I mean I'll be able to show up from time to time to chat with Luke just I like I did when I was alive.

On a side note, what's the difference between a Force Ghost Obi-Wan and a video hologram Obi-Wan? Both are blue and see-through and can talk to people from far away but one's more powerful than we can possibly imagine?

Nate787 likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    One can use the force and touch you. Even fight for short amount.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Immortality of the body with no concern for the soul is exactly opposite of embracing the fact that "luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter". Dark Side emphasis on preserving their physical possessions and bodies at all cost while their humanity rots could not be further afield from willingness to lay down one's body and claim to the physical world in order to transcend to a higher level of understanding and consciousness.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    He's just thanking his lucky stars that he was able to get a droid that speaks bocce.

8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Right? You can only imagine how many times he got taken by the Jawas.

From a Certain POV gives a pretty good account of R2 and R5's interaction I remembered too.

9. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    thank you so much for your insight , it doesn't take away from the fact I still can't comprehend that anyone hated Obi-wan :eek:

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Total nitpick, but a missed opportunity for Ben's final words to Leia not to be the same ones he gave to Luke in ANH: "The Force will be with you, always."

Count Yubnub likes this.
  11. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I mean, I liked the show overall… but it’s clearly got flaws… and I suspect that some fans thought those issues were too fundamental to look beyond. To be honest, I’m as equally gobsmacked by fans scoring it 10/10.

12. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yeah, we are not talking about Citizen Kane here. Being disappointed isn't really out of the realm of possibilities.

Fifi Kenobi and Darth PJ like this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well him saying that would suggest he is aware of her force abilities. So they probably thought it was best to not say that.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. We’re talking about Citizen Kenobi.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  15. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Deleted scene, right after Qui Gon appears:
    [​IMG]

16. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    I think individual episodes can be ranked 10 like 1, 5 & 6 with 2,3 & 4 could be ranked 7 or 8 but none deserve a 1 :(

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

Valiowk, Fifi Kenobi and Count Yubnub like this.
  18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Marina Rung flower bud...

19. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Scoring it a 1 is as equally valid as scoring it a 10. All you’re doing by invalidating a lower score, is invalidating the higher score… and by default, your own argument. The reality is that the show is neither the worst thing ever nor the best… but others will score it on whatever side of the fence they sit.

3sm1r likes this.
  20. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    that’s nonsense, many people like myself score individual episodes just simply based on how entertaining they are, regardless of if they have some flaws

I gave every episode a 10, that doesn’t mean I don’t have issues with certain parts of the show, it just means I enjoyed the heck out of watching it

it doesn’t have anything to do with taking sides, it’s all about individual taste

21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I varied between 8-10, granted I'm a generous grader. I find something enjoyable in each.

22. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    Yep the majority are in the 8 to 10 camp and the little minority are in the 1 to 3 camp.

23. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    Same! I rate episodes based on how much I enjoy them, so I can rate the whole series as a ten because I absolutely loved it, while at the same time being aware of some flaws. But I wouldn't be honest with myself if I started giving lower ratings to something that I've liked so much and that I know I will rewatch multiple times :)

24. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    What exactly is it that you think is ‘nonsense’? That people chose to score it low based on their relative enjoyment/appreciation of the show/an episode? Or that you don’t believe that not everyone thinks it’s great? I reiterate my previous point, Scoring it a 1 is just as valid as scoring it 10.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Clearly the "nonsense" referenced is the idea that gradings are based on "taking sides". This wasn't a difficult read.