main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith Novel by Adam Christopher

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, basically Nathan with a D.

Dawud786 likes this.
  2. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Finished it yesterday. Easily one of my favorite canon books. Couple thoughts: Loved Ochi (want more during him in the Clone Wars), loved Pryde, everyone was written well. I liked the new locations. I did feel that the main villain was a bit mishandled because it didn't feel like Ochi or Kiza were the main villain. I also wished that Ochi had a more dramatic death scene. How good would it have been if when he sank under the sands, he impales himself on the blade. I also did not like the change to Yupe Tashu's death. Overall 8/10

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This is my new favorite canon book since Jedi lost with Dooku, or Master and Apprentice with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
    I dont think that certain character's death was changed just one's unreliable memmory. And Yess more Ochi of Bestoon in Clone wars or before, we dont how old this fool is. Could he appear in Bad Batch as Palpatine's assassin, it is said he killed jedi during the clone wars and during the great Jedi Purge. Maybe he hunts small fry jedi for the Inquisitors. Like youngling and weak padawans. Also it seems Ochi is more loyal to himself, 18 years between Darth vader comic run and this book with Ochi, what did he do during this time, maybe he can also appear in the Mandalorian/NewRepublic era shows.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    That's what I've been going with, but you know how Star Wars names can be....

5. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I just finished it! That was fun. I liked
    Anakin showing up, a decent amount. I wish that Kiza and Ochi had a closer connection - it sorta felt that there were two unrelated plots going on - but that's forgivable. Also, Luke apparently fought the Ringwraiths, too. Lando and Luke were very . . . close, shall we say. They were like this close to kissing. The light-scimitar was pretty dope, too. It didn't give me the answers I wanted, but fun nonetheless.

Also, I always want More Ochi. More Ochi, all the time, please.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    yeah, why did there have to be
    nine of them?

come on, man

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Lots of Lord of the rings refferences in this, almost could think Filoni was involved, lol.

8. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    So, not only Pryde killed Hux, but also helped to find Rey's parents on Jakku (where they were murdered).

Wonder how he knew the recipe of the Ewok's liniment. Maybe they were initially friendly to the Imps.

Also wonder what is the model of CSA ship.

Chrissonofpear2, Jedi Ben and AusStig like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chasemaster frigate. ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just put the Amazon UK order for this and Stories of the Jedi and Sith (and a few non-SW books) in. Should come Wed/Thu.

11. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    The bit with the quote had me chuckling for sure.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  12. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    A couple minor things stand out to me...
    I don't like when real world slang is used...Lando telling his friend 'it's been a minute' just seems out of place in the GFFA.
    And why would Luke NOT know what a TIE Defender is...even if he never faced one they were encountered prior to ANH..there would have been a briefing on them for the Rebels...especially fighter pilots

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean there are about fifty TIE variants by now. I don't need omniscient and omnipotent Luke back.

Darth Megatronus and Lord Exor like this.
  14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    My point is that he would have at least seen it in a briefing between ANH and RoTJ so he would know it was a TIE Defender

15. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    I'm really looking forward to reading this book, but annoyingly, I have to wait until Wednesday. Both my Book a Million and Wal Mart were sold out so I had to order it from Amazon.

16. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Good variant. Since CSA troopers' appearence were like in Legends, would be a great chance to recanonize one of the CSA ships too, but alas.

Now I would really like to read a story about younger Pryde on Endor and beyond.

17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    it is kind or awkward for this story to take place leading into the ST because it has to be written around what is already canon....
    Let's face it...when Lando was talking to Dathan and Miramir aboard the Goldstone while at Nightside all he had to do was say "go to Ossus and tell them Master Skywalker and I said to come there for protection. We will be right behind you." So maybe Rey's family shouldn't have been part of this story. Maybe Luke and Lando teamed up to deal with some other Sith issue.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Anakin’s ghost showing up and then dropping some vague and cryptic advice before getting yanked away felt very Twin Peaks: The Return

beetzello and Jango_Fettish like this.
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What I absolutely do not get is why Ochi killed the parents, instead of taking them to someone who could mind probe them.

Jedi Ben and Watcherwithin like this.
  20. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    He’s Assassin of the Sith, not courier if the Sith

21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    The Sith Dagger seems to be influencing him to just kill kill kill. At least that's the way I read it.

22. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Only have about 100 pages left…

Something I’m wondering is just who is Kadara Calrissian’s mother? She hasn’t been named yet in the New Canon or this book, and it doesn’t sound like her and Lando were married.

Wonder when we will learn more about her.

QuinlanSolo and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Still looking forward to read the book, but can't help myself staying free of spoilers.

If the mother is not mentioned in the novel, i really think Mara Jade has a relatively big chance to be eventually canonized and end up being Lando's spouse or ex.

Especially because of her history with Lando in Legends

Sinrebirth and CampOfSorgan like this.
  24. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    My copy has finally arrived in the post…

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Jedi Ben, AusStig, Ramza and 4 others like this.
  25. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Just finished it! I think I can honestly say that Shadow of the Sith is my favorite book of the New Canon that I’ve read so far. This book does a lot for TROS, and the Sequel Trilogy for me.
    Bravo, Adam Christopher =D=