main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Thoughts on a Recent Article About Star Wars Fandom

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bazinga'd , Jun 19, 2022.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There is a line between being hateful and disgusting and abusive towards those who work on content, and being told not to criticize any newer content at all and just “move on.”

Criticism of content only, without getting personal with the creators—IOW what we allow here (bashing real people who work on the content is a TOS violation)—is fine and can be useful in giving LFL feedback about what worked and what did not, or can be useful in commiserating with others who are disappointed. There is not a statute of limitations on how long someone can discuss disappointment before moving on to praise either or a rule that all discussion after a certain point should be praise only. I’ve seen some of the same posters speaking negatively about the PT that I had discussions with ten years ago and that’s fine (and I liked the PT).

I would say that if you have literally not liked anything since 1980 you’ve probably outgrown Star Wars but that is not most people. The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Rogue One have been well received by those in the OT generation.

2. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    But this is exactly what I meant by saying "move on". There are people who literally complained about almost everything since 1983. Of course its ok to criticize but I for me its questionable to do that to almost anything that has been released after the OT. Where is the value in SW for those people?! The article raises the question if people know what they want and I think its a legit question for the fandom.

3. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    Disney: *Makes the OT and PT stories completely null and void for a soft reboot*

This article: “Why are fans upset? They don’t know what they want.”

4. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    well I don't know what 'fans' want in the collective term of the word, but I know what I would want:

for them to move away from this era, by that I mean the Skywalker era. Move on. Make new characters, and new stories, there is plenty to explore, either in the future or the Old Republic, make new characters, and don't fall back on familiarity.
    You don't risk angering people by changing people's character traits, retconning, creating new plot holes etc.

5. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Stop with your fake news mate. Its getting old!