main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Why does Disney seem to hate Luke?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Weavile, Jun 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [​IMG]

"Don't panic yet. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

KyleKartan likes this.
  2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    To those who wonder if Lucasfilm/Disney hates Luke Skywalker:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And also Pablo Hidalgo started to troll Star Wars Theory for crying during his live-stream when watching Luke's scene at the end of season 2 of the Mandalorian.

And why they might hate him for being the hero of the OT:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Lol, using Star Wars Theory as a victim is funny when many dont understand Pablo was responding to a fan making fum of Theory and Pablo defended fans as him. And LFL was making some jokes and trolling fans. This fanbase is truly is just out there sometimes. Disney/LFL doea not haye Luke Skywalker any more then George Lucas.

Mostly Handless and KyleKartan like this.
  4. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Care to share with me the exchange between Pablo Hidalgo and this fan, so I can judge by myself?

I usually don't pay much attention to a company who trolls fans, but I don't recall George Lucas calling names and saying that the fanbase and critics towards the PT, back in the 2000's, was full of "Russian trolls", "sexists" and "racists" for criticizing or hating the movies, which would explain the bad scores from audiences the sequels had and all the critics from the fanbase. It's like trying to hide your own failures by blaming others, which is the "virtuous thing" to do according to some cowards, rather than facing your mistakes and trying to do better next time and improve yourself...

5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Totally agree. Make a bad SW movie, then blame toxic SW fans for not liking your bad SW movie.

6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    does disney hate luke or just rian johnson?

7. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    There was always a part of the fandom that was a bit toxic, like when people yelled "George Lucas raped my childhood" back when the PT was released, but they were a loud minority and it was being blown out of proportions.

But even then, Lucas had more class than the current leadership at Lucasfilm/Disney. But as the years pass on, I think that in fact, the ultimate punishment George Lucas gave to a ungrateful public and fanbase back then, was to sell all the work of his life to a corporate giant like Disney, even if he might be regretting it a bit now. But at least Lucas has won peace and he deserves it.

It's a shame that the biggest cultural phenomenon and modern mythology he has built for more than 30 years, that has attracted generations of fans across the world, had turned out to become like this under Disney, even if I stopped caring about it for a while, since TLJ was released... I had my doubts back in 2012 when Disney bought Star Wars and Lucasfilm, but I've never imagined it would become like this now...

canuckmuse likes this.
  8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    People didn't say that. "GL ***** my childhood. " One person said that. And it's an absurd comment. I am older and I don't know anyone who got that worked up. If people didn't like it they moved on to other stuff or had lives, families,etc.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Not me. I've lived in the sewers for 23 years, plotting my revenge against George Lucas.

10. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    One person may have said that, but then it was repeated over and over again and became a catch phrase. But yeah, I agree that it is absurd.

Sarge and christophero30 like this.
  11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    It was but it's kind of an extreme position. My friends all saw the OT in the theater. Some liked the PT, some didn't. But we never discussed it much after a week or two. There's just this internet group think that everyone my age was furious at the PT back then. It was a few people.

SW Saga Fan likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    7 year old me loved TPM when it first came out and cried little tears when Qui Gon died. 10 year old me rolled his eyes at most of AOTC. 13 year old me thought ROTS was kewl and deep.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The toxic fandom never went away if we see the death threaths cast members and content creators has received, not to mention the sexism against women. GL sold his creation because of it.

Also there is this false narrative that LFL hates OT, with Luke. Youtube is a garbage site of it with nothing but toxic content.

Mostly Handless and KyleKartan like this.
  14. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    To me, I find it rather odd that the same media that has been jumping on the bandwagon of the "toxic fandom" by slaming George Lucas and the prequels for nearly 15 years through many articles, critics and videos, pushing even Lucas to sell Star Wars (because Disney will make it better according to some back then), is now the same media that is now slaming the same "toxic fandom" for criticizing the sequels and Disney by calling them "sexists" and "racists".... Strange...

15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    It's called clickbait. It's the culture and what sells.

SW Saga Fan likes this.
  16. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Then it's not the "toxic fandom" we should be blaming, it's the "toxic culture", which really stinks...

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012

Remember this interview?
    KK talking and then Mark was like "OH I'm sorry, I have dialogue"?
    They took that whole thing too far.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If you have LFL warning of rasist attacks against a cast members, you have tocix fans. And you know the saying no one hates star wars more then star wars fans. Star wars has had a toxic fan problem for long time.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    this channel is very clearly a right wing channel, as evident by all the videos the person made complaining about woke culture and such

while obviously not everyone who dislikes the ST is a right wing troll, I also have issues with the films, that doesn’t mean we have to support videos that very clearly are made by right wing people

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also most but not all are right-wing YouTube video of Star Wars. Just every time search Star Wars and you see anti woke videos.

KyleKartan and Watcherwithin like this.
  21. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    You see? This is why people like me who were fans of Star Wars have been turned off lately, by now trying to categorize people and fans into boxes and divide them according to whatever standards are fashion nowadays (political affiliation, right-wing, woke, toxic fanbase, sexist, racist, ect.). When people were discussing about the Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy, I don't recall there was such toxic real-world politics and culture being mixed in all of it, we were simply discussing about the universe, story, movies and choices (good or bad) Lucas have made for the storyline and the making of the movies.

Lucasfilm and Disney are the ones responsible for mixing toxic politics and culture into their movies in the first place. Not the fans who just wanted to enjoy Star Wars. Chris Gore has been a die-hard Star Wars fan for years. When he criticizes the movie industry today, and how corporations kill imagination and story-telling, does it make him a right-winger? Or even Mark Hamill, when he criticized the choices made for Luke Skywalker?

wobbits, canuckmuse and Darth Weavile like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Both are bs youtube videos. One was used to weaponized Mark Hamil against The Last Jedi. And Chris Gore has been friends with Fandom Menace. Its always been there you just not been paying attention before. Right-wing people and Media is the worst and must be calledout as tocix. Right wings just way quitet until the rise Facism.

23. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Okay, now:

1. Try to write down your sentence correctly;
    2. You rather look moronic and foolish, especially if you're seeing people everywhere who are right-winger or fascist;
    3. You better stop being part of the problem as well by being foolish like this (telling me something like "I've never paid attention before", like, am I there to enjoy Star Wars with other people? Or am I there to find some real-life enemies around me because I have different political beliefs?).

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I seen the problem ever since TFA so I see it how i see it. Most if not all Right-wings are fan of Trump as President. Right-wing Yourubers. They came out in full force on the rise of Trump and facism. Mark Hamil was weaponized against The Last Jedi and Disney, thats a fact. I dont see them everywhere but when I see them i now to ignore them and block.

KyleKartan likes this.
  25. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    No personal attacks. Thx /heels What does Trump has anything to do with Star Wars?

Are we in some kind of mental gymnastic here or what? :oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.