main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Lothal Sector is pretty much the same as Dominus Sector in Legends. A sector that also includes Dornea! As @AdmiralNick22 says, when you take into account that Calamari Sector is one of its neighbors, that whole area is pretty much a “how-to” for rebelling against the Empire.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2022
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    You can use this fanmade map that also tries to integrate all existing maps. Some worlds only appear as dots or names if you zoom in.

https://hbernberg.carto.com/builder...909441750333855,37.26562500000001],"zoom":2}}

UR worlds like Zakuul, Odessen, etc.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I want to say Lothal is a subsector, if only to keep it Legends friendly. Though it did have a Senator presumably it wasn’t a sitting one.

As we only had 1024 sitting Senators before?

4. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Nope we had way more sitting Senators but not everyone had a pod of his/her own. Some shared pods or used public pods in the Senate. 1024 pods, way beyond 2000 Senators (or the Petition of 2000 would make no sense!).

5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Considering the Colunda sector was a sub-sector of Phelleem, and Char Bibbeck (who got caught gambling on secessions) represented Colunda Prime and the Colunda sector while Toonbuck Toora represented Sy Myrth and the rest of the Phelleem. Look at Lambda, there seems be three senators for the sector: Po Nudo of Ando (seceded), Gorothin Vagger of Andosha II and the 14 other systems of the independent Andoan Free Colonies and Rinet Brun of Rintonne. Bes Ber Bikade: Kharrus and Philo of Kinyen and Edcel Bar Gane and Aang of Roona.

So it wouldn't surprise me if several sub-sectors are considered full sectors depending on the strength of major worlds. Lothal's sector might easily be a sub-sector of Dominus but those worlds share equal status to Dornea and even Baros so have fully separate senatorial status. Or Lothal sector is the canon name for Dominus. Either or. But I don't recall the Dorneans or Brubbs being part of the Old Republic.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The petition doesn’t distinguish between sitting and non sitting Senators, no?

7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Several worlds and sectors may have multiple senators representing them (Mon Cala situation by end of war with Dowmeia and Tills jointly). And considering Jar Jar's presence, who is the associate planetary representative of Naboo and not a full senator, wouldn't surprise me if other APRs signed the petition as well.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I feel like alternate names is the best way to proceed with this. The Archeon Gate even falls right on the border of Dominus/Lothal.

MercenaryAce and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    My kingdom to get a story showing the actual liberation (or uprising) of this region of space post-Endor. My gripes about how many freaking things are crammed into 4-5 ABY aside, I'd love to see how this happened. IIRC, other than Lothal being free right around the time of Rogue One, the rest of that region was dominated by the Empire until it fell. We see Mon Cala is free by the start of Operation Cinder and part of the New Republic, but I want to see the uprising. Ditto on Garel, Mykapo, Dornea, etc.

--Adm. Nick

Vialco and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I am afraid, you first need a kingdom, Sir!

But given Alliance Safe Worlds in that region the Alliance strongholds must have quite some permanent orbit firepower in addition to the contingents they sent to the Alliance Fleets and Endor.

What did safeworlds bank on though?

Strong planetary shields?
    Stationary fleets in orbit?
    Mining and blocking any access routes aside one or two safe routes only known to the Rebels?

Many strategies can make safeworlds safe. In addition to the Empire's neglect in favor of trouble coser to the Core and elsewhere. The Dac backwater may be fun to harass when the Empire was strong and bored, now when barely having breathing space, it rather ignore or abandon these regions.

Reminds me of Great Britains history of how the Romans pulled back and while at first some stayed and mingled with the local picts etc. soon other invading forces claimed the land, be it Danes, Saxons, etc.

So if the Empire pulled out of the sector formally, leaving only those who made a home there behind, its an easy merger of cultures rather than a fight for freedom. Until other cultures claim the region. But were there any aside the NR that would? Hutts may have tried to no avail though. Nagai and Tof maybe briefly rushing through only but no permanent stay.

12. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    Been gone for quite a while, was in university. Unfortunately when i was in university a lot of my work was lost as due to my parents getting rid of my hand drawn mappings. Fortunately some maps survived and all my research survived. I'll be sure to recreate them in my spare time. maybe digitally this time.
    (For context I was working on lot of mapping of sectors and galactic regions and uploading them to this form back in 2016ish).
    So the bad news first, what I lost of what i remember.
    • A detailed map of the Core World section of the Perlemian Trade Route (Coruscant to Ralltiir).
    • A detailed Unknown Regions map. Tho I still have one piece of it [​IMG].
    • A detailed Wild Space map.
    • A detailed Kuat sector map.
    • A detailed Lothal sector map.
    • A detailed Kathol sector map.
    • A Mandalore sector map.
    • A Raioballo sector map.
    • Possibly many others.
    Now the good news what i still have.
    • A detailed Utegetu Nebula map - it is uploaded to this site here
    • A detailed Sluis sector map. [​IMG]
    • A detailed Periphery sector map.
    • A detailed Brak sector map.
    I uploaded Sluis Sector map here (Imgur) and the surviving part of the Unknown Regions here (Imgur) - Can't seem to get the add image to post to work lol - if the admins could fix my post that would be awesome.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I always forget to update this thread on my cartographical coming and goings. My apologies.

Nothing big to show. A few obscure Legends systems have been added and some sectors have been cleaned up, but I doubt we'll be seeing another major update until the next official map.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  15. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Since this thread has been bumped, I just wanted to say that with Kenobi, Andor, and other works, the galaxy map needs updating again. Maybe for the new map in Star Wars: Timelines

16. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I still think Jelucan needs to be a little below the Hydian...not wight on it like this map shows.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I actually agree, given that it's supposed to be an isolated world, but the Timelines map shows this:

[​IMG]

There's obviously some inaccuracy involved when you're representing star systems with dots that actually encompass several parsecs, but I feel like the intent here is pretty clear. Again, not my favorite placement, but I try to avoid contradicting official maps as much as possible: they are the last word, after all.

Chris0013 likes this.
  18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Isolated and add in the fact it was only colonized 500 years BBY, Definitely should have been dropped a little...or at least some reason come up with at some other world 'masked' it or something.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  19. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    Could it be off the Hydian on the Z-axis?

20. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    That could be it.

21. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    This is the biggest drawback of representing 3D space on a 2D map, and i don't see a 3D map coming anytime soon unfortunately. (I would die for a fully 3D interactive map)
    If it's off the Hydian it would have to be above or below the galactic disk, the disk would be quite thin far out from the galactic center like that. It would 100% have to be this or just a error as that part of the disk around the Hydian was explored around 5000 BBY according to the Galactic Explorations map in TEA

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Chris0013 and Watcherwithin like this.
  22. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    Hmm, still not found Bracca! Nice to have Ikkruk and Protobranch added, though. When's Aldhani? :cool:

Cerberon is right where I expected it to be, meanwhile. But I'm still shocked to see Akiva where it is - I was expecting it to be between Tatooine and Mustafar, previously.
    I tend not to think Cardovyte and other major worlds on the 'lightspeed skipping' run can be THAT far from Sinta Glacier, meantime, but that's partly so as to preserve my sanity about how hyperspace was portrayed in that movie, where they took seemingly under a minute to reach each destination (on top of everything else)

Pandem Nai was a bit further south than I thought. Also, any placement for the new worlds from Victory's Price, where Shadow Wing made their initial stand?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    P-9!
    We have Chadawa (N-14), Freerock (H-13), Fedovoi End (M-14), and Netalych (N-14).

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I made a small update thanks to me getting my grubby hands on an older galaxy map that I didn't even know existed!

25. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    @JoinTheSchwarz

Love the maps! Well done.

Question...since the maps are iterative, is there a change record for each iteration?
    Would love to have the notes on what has changed between October and December.