main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think there was much of a point to it in the case of Hera. She was already being drugged and tortured, she was beaten, essentially. I chalk it up to them wanting to push the Thrawn/Hera rivalry and nothing deeper.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont see mutch different from Thrawn and Tarkin. Both are evil facist. He kills of entire species and bombs innocent. And he seems to have no trouble with torture. He only thinks He is better then the empire.

AusStig likes this.
  3. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I think one of the most uncharacteristic things Thrawn did in canon, was putting such a cruel and sadistic person in charge of the planet, Ahsoka was on in Mando Season 2.

Can't see any in-universe reason for such a move. Just makes sense for reintroducing Ahsoka to the time after the empire and giving Din something to do.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    QuinlanSolo likes this.
  4. beskarmando8

beskarmando8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2022
    Forgot about that scene from TTT. Due to this new evidence, I now believe that it would be in Thrawn's character to bombard Lothal, especially with the situation with Palpy being what it was. I still believe that the other examples stand, though. I am very hopeful for this series, but I also hope that Thrawn will be done well.

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  5. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Which I hope will be continued, especially in case Thrawn will try to suggest an alliance against greater threat.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont think Thrawn even had a rivalry in legends. In canon he has had a few. But Hera is his biggest rival, she wont forgive him if he tries to become an ally.

7. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Leia Organa was Thrawn's rival in the Legends trilogy, if I recall.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    For control of the Noghri (unknown to him), yes.

Ackbar and Bel Iblis might fit as "enemy commanders whose skills he actually respected".

On the imperial side of the fence, I could see Zaarin as "a rival, before he became an enemy".

Zaarin even has a cultural fascination (his fascination is with music rather than art).

9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The books kept Thrawn’s role as villain very impersonal to the heroes, he never meets or speaks with Han/Luke/Leia. My guess is that Filoni felt that Thrawn needed to directly confront one of the Rebels crew to make the whole thing more palpable for the younger skewing audience.

Which is probably also why they had him fighting hand to hand and had him out in the field so much, something I hope they tone down in these live action series.

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That sounds oddly reminiscent of Grand Admiral Savit from Thrawn: Treason. How interesting that two different Grand Admirals from two different continuities, both of whom opposed Thrawn, share this particular trait. Zahn very well versed in the lore of both Legends and Canon.

Iron_lord and SyndicThrass like this.
  11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’d love to see more of the Grand Admirals pop up across books and tv. Presuming that Palpatine didn’t replace Thrawn and Savit during the OT that still leaves 10 unaccounted for.

Vialco, Foreign32567 and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    My memory of Zaarin was that the music wasn't a big deal defining his personality like it had been with Savit, and it didn't influence his war tactics. My guess would be that Zahn chose to develop another admiral from the bottom up to better fit the plot he was working on, since Zaarin's character comes with a lot of er, previous lore baggage. Not like that's a bad thing, but it would make things difficult writing a 9+ book series with a long game in mind.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we do see Zaarin again someday. It seems like only a matter of time until the Disneyverse starts to focus on Grand Admirals.

Vialco likes this.
  13. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    Where does everyone think the timeline for The Mandoverse stands right now? Are we still only 5 years ABE? It’s worth noting that when first asked, Favreau said The Mandalorian was going to take place 7 years ABE.

In my opinion, the first two seasons could take place in the same year, but they could easily have a gap of either six days or six months between them. BOBF seems like some time has passed since Mando season 2, maybe another six months to a year? How long were Din and Grogu separated? How long was Grogu with Luke?

Mando season 3 I expect will pick up maybe a year after BOBF, and could either be concurrent to or directly precede the first season of Ahsoka. It’s hard to say, really. What does everyone else think?

14. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I vaguely remember something recently confirming that BoBF also took place in 9 ABY, but I can't remember what it was now. Maybe one of those "A Certain Point of View" articles in Star Wars Insider?

15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think he said at Celebration that Grogu was “53 now, so he’s still younger than me.” So that would suggest that there’s a time jump between each season/series.

Golbolco likes this.
  16. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    To which season was this in reference to? If it’s S3 that’s interesting, I suppose the timeline should look something like:

9ABY: Mando Season 1 (Grogu is 50)
    10ABY: Mando Season 2
    11ABY: BOBF Season 1
    12ABY: Mando Season 3 (Grogu is 53)

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t recall the exact context, but I’ll try and find the interview.

here it is:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    Fredrik Vallestrand and Golbolco like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  19. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    great casting lookwise

20. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    I've been out of the loop on Ahsoka for a bit - do we know who Mary Elizabeth Winstead is playing yet? Barriss?

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Running theory is Hera.

Jedi Ben and Hamburger_Time like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  23. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I was just watching the TCW episode Wookiee Hunt.

I would love to see Ahsoka meet up with Chewie again post-ROTJ. I've already gotten the dream of seeing her with Luke. Seeing her greet Chewie as an old friend and comrade in arms when she meets Leia would be nice too.

I know it's unlikely for her show, because it's essentially a Rebels sequel. I don't think Luke will even show up. Though having him not involved in the fight with Thrawn seems completely bonkers.

24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I presume that the Thrawn plot will continue after Ahsoka and that there’ll be more opportunities for Luke to be involved.

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Waiting for this is excruciating. This is all.

Dawud786 likes this.