main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends We have a mission, mini games Iroh quote

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Aug 12, 2022.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    We have a mission mini games Iroh quote
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 83 BBY
    Characters: Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, OC's Jadin Finn and Jerza Quwin
    Genre: Iroh quote mini games challenge
    Summary: Jadin and Jerza about Jinn and Dooku when they are going to the high council and meeting them there. Follows Pebble fun

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

For the mini games challenge and the Iroh quote challenge provided by @devilinthedetails I got:
    Quote number 4 is a profound reminder of the wisdom people can find by being open-minded: "It's important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale."

We have a mission

“Master Dooku and his padawan have taken the elevator leading to the council chamber.” Jerza observed the closing doors.

“We can take the next elevator because we are headed the same way.” Jadin Finn just waited seeing the looks on his padawan's face. “Uh.”

“I am glad you have chosen me uh. Master Finn uh Jadin. I have seen Dooku and he is quite harsh and stern. Did you see padawan Jinn's face after his master told him that meditating was next.”

“That's Dooku's way of teaching. I remember when he was brought to the Jedi as a four month old boy. Growing up in the crèche the boy was aware of his father and mother and older brother Renolfo who is going to be the heir of the Dooku estate on Serenno. He was very driven to prove that he was worthy. I was nine when I saw the three year old initiate push a heavy rock away using the Force. He was showing anger because his mother had sent him a message that she and his dad could not come to celebrate his birthday. By the way, I have never seen his parents or his brother. And that is – as we are taught – the Jedi way. We are supposed to have no bonds at all. Dooku had historian Thame Cerulian as his master and was also trained by Master Yoda becoming an accomplished duelist with the lightsaber. And Jerza.” Jadin saw the elevator coming. “It's important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. And that's why we will be going with Dooku and his padawan on a mission.”

“Do you think that we have the same mission?”

“I am very sure.” Jadin stepped with his padawan into the elevator.

- - -

Jerza was awed when she followed her master into the council chamber. She had never been there and saw Master Dooku standing before the seated council members.

Padawan Jinn was four steps behind him and bowing his head. Silent but his body language betrayed the eagerness to go.

“Healer Finn, padawan Quwin, mission we have for you.” Master Yoda gave a slight nod to the two. “Contacted us padawan Gher did. Master Hir H-ilin missing he is on Ord Mantell during mission to help at the powerplant near Worlport. Wounded he can be. Go. Find Hir H-ilin. Protected by Dooku you will be. Learning experience for the padawans it will be. May the Force be with you.”

Dooku bowed his head, turned brisk on his heels and gave a short nod to Jadin, Jerza and his padawan Qui-Gon Jinn. “I will protect you from the dangers of Ord Mantell. Our transport is being readied. Grab your gear and join us in one hour.”

TBC in Rescue on Ord Mantell

devilinthedetails and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great words of wisdom and insights about Dooku but I agree with Jerza about it being easier to learn from someone who isn't so stern and continually judgmental. [face_thinking]

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Ooh, Uncle Iroh's quote works so well with the Jedi, who would have such a rich opportunity to draw wisdom from many different sources both from the many members of their Order and from the many diverse beings they would encounter on countless worlds in their efforts to bring peace and justice to the galaxy. So I'm so happy you applied Uncle Iroh's words to members of the Jedi Order in this fic:D

The exploration of Dooku's teaching methods and his backstory was very well done, and I let out a squee of delight when you referenced Thame being Dooku's Master. Nods to Jude Watson's books always make me feel so wonderfully nostalgic.

The setup for a great learning experience is definitely there as Wise Old Yoda notes. :yoda:

Thanks for accepting my challenge and writing this!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Dooku will see in the third part of this story where he isn't the senior at all.
    It is always nice to write more about Jinn and Dooku and thank you for the quote that made this story possible

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I agree that the quote works very well with the Jedi here. :) I wonder if Yoda was using this mission and team setup as a learning experience for his former student too, and not just for the current padawans. Great job!

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Maybe, setting up those teams is challenging

Kahara likes this.