main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    [​IMG]

**Teaser**

Thick smoke permeates a room. A tired voice speaks.

"...It's true that the Force is unified; it is one energy, one power. Does evil exist in nature? No. Left to itself, nature maintains the balance. It is people. Those of thought and consciousness who brought in both the light and the darkness, because that is how we, as thinking beings tend to perceive things. If there is a right, there must also be a wrong. If there is light, then there is also darkness. We lose our perspective of balance. And when all perspective vanishes, evil take hold..."

Welcome to:

"Shadows of the Order"

Coming soon.....

FYI...
    This is an RPG set 12 weeks after Order 66....

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oooooh.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I might be interested. What kinds of characters are you looking for?

6. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    It's unlikely I'll run this at any point but wanted to share nonetheless. I wrote this some time ago.

Star Wars: Dark Sun

[​IMG]
    The Dark Covenant was an act that no one thought was possible. A sin against the nature of the Force that brought about a Wound beyond imagination.

Two-thirds of the galaxy died that day.

The twin Holocrons, that of The Ancient King and a Jedi Lord of The Lost Age, were used as tools to bind the Dark Covenant, forging The Dark Sun. Such was The Will of the Four Dark Lords, forcing The Lord of Light, Grandmaster of the dying Jedi Order, and child of ancient blood, to open the Light-Sided Holocron.

And so Dark and Light were fused... and with vergences nested upon one another so their Will was enacted.

And so the Age of Light faded into the Age of Dark. The frail Jedi Order shattered once more, their members scattered across the galaxy. The Force and the Galaxy plunged into a deep Darkness. The greed, mistrust, fear, and ambition drove the Four Dark Lords apart, each of them seizing a piece that had forged the Dark Sun.

The galaxy became divided into Three Empires of Dark, caught in a stalemate of over two centuries.

The hegemon of Dark Lord Locht. Surrounded by his Cult of Scholars in his eternal quest for ancient knowledge.

[​IMG]
    Scholar of Locht

The mechanized dictatorship of Dark Lord Mortem. His empire more populated by brutal droids and then flesh.

[​IMG]
    Droid of Mortem Empire

And the sprawling warrior-centric empire of Dark Lord Titanus, and his Cadre of Black Knights.

[​IMG]
    Black Knight of Titanus

And the Fourth Dark Lord, Caecus. So easily forgotten... In his infinite fear, he sealed himself away on a planet unknown and forgotten...

But from the Dark Covenant, a prophecy was also born... that if one, or many, could defeat the Four Dark Lords and reforge the Dark Sun then the Force and the Galaxy could be restored to balance.

Such is your choice.

To usurp them and become a Dark Lord,

Or to save the galaxy. . . .

Welcome to Star Wars: Dark Sun. This is a galaxy set thousands upon thousands of years after the events of the main core story of Star Wars (Likely anywhere from 5000-12000 ABY though 'ABY' is not used as a dating system). Much of that past is now forgotten, relegated to the myth and legend of 'The Lost Age'.

Some two hundred years ago, there was an event known as 'The Dark Covenant' that saw the galaxy plunged into an age of darkness, and the death of two-thirds of all life in the known galaxy. So even the knowledge and history between that of the Lost Age, and the current Dark Age remains murky and unknown to most beings. It should be noted that very few Jedi still exist and much of their history is lost to them. The Sith are dead. Though... perhaps relics of them remain in the dark cosmos.

This is a mysterious world with legends and myths nestled on top of each other. Discovery and growth are the core tenants of this story as the characters move forward to either end the Age of Dark or extend it for their own selfish desires.

Naturally many questions would arise from a game set so distinctly separate from the main Star Wars trilogies and EU, I am quite happy to read any and all questions regarding character creation and the story. [Though note answers will not be given that would spoil the plot of the game, obviously]

Any and all ideas for characters are welcome. Although not guaranteed to be approved

Note: You may play a descendant of a canonical/EU/RPF-Star Wars character though note that many generations would have passed so most bloodlines, while still existing, would be fractured and dwindled greatly.

Character Sheet:
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Homeworld: [In Star Wars tradition planet names remain mostly unchanged between large gaps of time]
    Empire: [Which Empire they currently reside in. The selections are the Locht Empire, Mortem Empire, and Titanus Empire]
    Gear:
    Bio:
    Goal: [GMs eyes only, it is fine and par for the course if this changes as the game goes on]

Rules:
    1) Respect and Obey the TOS
    2) No god-modding
    3) Do not metagame
    4) If you need to step away please notify the GM
    5) If you have an issue with the story, a plotline or character related event notify me as soon as you can, I am human I make mistakes too. I am always willing to work with players to give them the best experience possible.
    6) Character Death is possible but very rare. In most cases will be discussed with player approval/discussion to the event.
    7) The most important rule: Have Fun!

Final Note About My GMing Style:
    The way that I enjoy and run games is to generate a world with a loose to defined idea of the major threat or plot and then build the core of the plot through the characters in the game. As such as the game progresses the game relies more heavily on the characters in the game. As is the case for all RP games communication is crucial for player satisfaction. I cannot read your mind so please speak with me about character arcs, plot points, themes and so forth you want to see.

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

You can be either a member of the Jade Circle(Jedi Special ops) who now find themselves on the run or you can be a civilian (non-Jedi) who is not happy with the change of events and does not harbor any resentment of the Jedi or the Old Republic. It is not without dangers of course. (Diplomat, commoners, Coruscant Police officer, scoundrel, etc... we can talk.)

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *raises hand*

I wanna talk! :D

Oh wait!! This is not a Role players Anonymous meeting? :oops:[face_laugh]:p

Vehn, Kalio_Dynkos, Dandelo and 2 others like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    The Shadows of the Force has been launched....

(Sorry... I kept changing the title..) lol...

Sarge, Sinrebirth and greyjedi125 like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Does anyone know if there is Middle Earth or Lord of the Rings Role Play?

If not, is anyone interested in starting one?

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Courtship of Princess Palpatine
    Coming January 2023

Star Wars: Episode XII: Legacy of the Force
    Coming January 2023

Untitled Epitaph Saga Finale Game
    Coming January 2023

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  13. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    ...I'm probably going to end up joining those games too, aren't I?

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean you play several characters in Episode XI so I would hope so!

darthbernael likes this.
  15. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Oh right! Honestly, I got my Roman numerals mixed up for a sec.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    As if there’s any chance of me not being interested. :p[face_love]

adaml83, darthbernael , Vehn and 2 others like this.
  17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    **Teaser**

BLADE RUNNER: NEXUS HORIZONS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seattle: 2040

*Excerpt*

Wallace Corporation has arisen from the darkness and violence of the past few years to produce a new line of perfected replicants. Replicants that are extremely obedient. Replicants that have implanted memories. Replicants that have natural lifespans. Replicants that have proven they are nothing to be feared. Nothing to be underestimated.

These replicants are known as Nexus 9’s.

Some replicants on Earth begin to stray with their thoughts. Begin to go rogue. Refuse to follow orders. Some even go a step further and become violent while others still find unique ways to celebrate their individuality and existence while bucking the system.

These rebellious Nexus 9’s form a movement called Nexus Rises.

A task force of humans, known as Blade Runners, is dispatched to Seattle, deemed the hotspot of replicant activity, to perform one job and one job only.

Retirement.

**OOC* This game is set 21 years after the first Blade Runner movie and nine years before the sequel Blade Runner: 2049

Launch Date: 10/07/2022

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  18. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I just had a sudden idea of a game that would be something a la canterbury tales, a group of people travelling and telling stories.
    Setting could be literally anything, even massively multi-crossover. <- anyone can steal this and use it.

The other idea I'm toying with is a story set in a pokemonXStarWars universe. Crossover isn't the right word, it would be a fully integrated universe where jedi partner with a pokemon as part of their religion to aid them commune with the will of the living force.

Kato Sai likes this.
  19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That is a very cleaver idea. I like the idea of pilgrimage to a Force Shrine, perhaps a famous Jedi who also was a Sith like Ulic Qel Droma, and in the entourage are Jedi, Sith, Grey Jedi, and other Force Sects. You could have a lots of tension as enemies in The Force Wars must control their nature to destroy each other in order to arrive at the sacred site.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    greyjedi125 and darthhelinith like this.
  20. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Absolutely. It'd also be interesting to explore the religious practices and beliefs of the people who believe in the force but are not force sensitive. We see hints of it in the films (Ahch-To, for example). Not sure if it is explored more in EU.

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That would be really cool. We could encounter people making pilgrimage who are of Force traditions like that and other unusual groups.

An antagonist could be Elders of the Path, they seek to snuff out the “flame of the Force.” They are iconoclasts, destroyers of Temples and etc.

greyjedi125 and darthhelinith like this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *brain is spinning*

adaml83, darthhelinith and Kato Sai like this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Another idea is you could have players play as new characters or they could also choose to be their characters from GoL, True Sith Empire, EUC Grey, and etc on pilgrimage. :)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  24. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    OMG. [face_hypnotized]

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Kato Sai, @darthhelinith

The Pilgrimage

I'm really intrigued by this idea and all the possibilities inherent in such a journey.I can see all the different characters interacting and 'dealing' with each other in various ways. This is a ready made drama if you will. I sense that both of you could partner to bring us such a tale, if you wish. My interest in exploring Force Traditions tingles at the prospect. Do keep me posted if anything should come of this. :)

darthhelinith and Kato Sai like this.