main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Something Borrowed, Something New Mod!Challenge - Congrats to our Winners!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Sep 30, 2022.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Ooooh, that picture is so pretty. [face_hypnotized] [face_love]

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @ViariSkywalker It definitely is gorgeous and makes me wish I were by an ocean right now!

3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    5, please and thank you very much indeed.

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Coming right up! :D And here you go...

• Trope: Benched Hero
    • Words: Commentary, Hypocrite, Swoop
    • Dialogue: “We have among us a new gem, a new flower, a new star.”
    • Random Story Element: A misquote
    • Picture:
    [​IMG]

Enjoy, and happy writing! :cool:

5. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    These are all going to be so delightfully crazy

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

6. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks, @devilinthedetails ! That is a pretty photo. :)

Okay, so, when I first read the thread it reminded me of the Mods' Time Challenge with the style of prompts and such. I was aware of that. What I didn't expect later on was to have this reflexive sense of utter paranoia about the mere fact of opening my assigned prompt. "Don't open it yet! You're not ready! WAIT WAIT WAIT! What time is it?! Am I allowed to open it yet? The clock's gonna start as soon as I hit that button! gah!!!!"

ahem. yes.

7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    You are most welcome, @Thumper09, and I'm so glad you like your photo! Hopefully it inspires a great story!:)

This challenge is definitely very similar to the Time Challenge with the tiers and styles of prompts, but luckily, everyone has until November 27th to get their responses in, so there isn't quite the same time crunch this time around!

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, gosh, no! You're right that the prompt sets are very much along the same lines as the Mods' Time Trials, except this time there isn't such a tight schedule—you are absolutely free take your dear time until November 27. (And I see I'm ninja'd! :D )

9. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

You gotta love all the A+ modding. :p

11. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    You're all frankly insane, and no, I'm not signing up, Mira. I have enough to write :p But I am happy to throw in a few prompts of my own for our lovely mod crew [face_batting] Am I allowed to have both my prompt submissions from the same element category? If so, here are two lines of dialogue for you:

“It’s of cultural importance for bees to have dancing at their funerals.” -The Funeral, from Fragments of Jade, my Kessel Run response
    “Turns out there’s a lot of blood in a human.” -And Have We Done With War At Last?

If they have to be from different element categories, you are absolutely stuck with the bee line and I'll be back with something else :p

12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Gabri_Jade I see no reason why your two elements can't come from the same category, so I added both your bits of dialogue to our challenge index:)

13. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
  14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY NEXT?? (*whispers* are you suuuuuuure? look at that little, not-so-scary three prompt tier. [face_batting])

[face_rofl] [face_rofl]

Perfect prompt is perfect, I say! I'd expect nothing less! [face_love] :*

15. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm honestly sitting here thinking of all the ways to say "absolutely not, I have two WIPs that are the priority and half a dozen more on the drawing board, you and Vi gave me a whole other mega prompt months ago that I still haven't gotten near, and besides, you'll both gloat forever if I sign up for this," but you know what, fine, give me number five on tier one, please :oops: I PROMISE NOTHING

[face_batting] [:D]

16. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl]

I knew it. o_O [face_whistling]

17. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    You hush. You're a terrible influence, the both of you [face_not_talking] :p

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Might give the three prompt teir a shot, but can`t promise anything if Darth RL remains as fickle as last month... Say number 4

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @Gabri_Jade @Anedon you got it! Two prompts coming right up!

Gabri, here is yours for tier 1, no. 5:

And Anedon, here’s yours, for tier 1, no. 4:
    • Trope: Magical Girl
    • Words: Nascent, Attar, Confection
    • Dialogue: "You belong to no one but yourself.”

20. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I can't stop laughing, if there was ever a trope I constantly return to, it's that one. Maybe I'll be able to do this after all :p

21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Thanks, might be able to make something out of it. :)

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl]

Yaaaaaas, give into the power of the manic prompt ping pong madness! [face_mischief] [face_devil]

That's the positive peer pressure I'm talking about! *high fives Vi*

(Does that count as gloating? I promise not to gloat too much. ;))

*gloats just a tiny bit more* :p

Yay! I hope you're able to keep the inspiration streak alive with that prompt. :D

23. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I have no idea how I turned into this person :p

I have brought this upon myself :oops:

A more accurate assessment would be "Vi will gloat forever while you will convincingly wheedle all the more the next time a challenge arises" :p

24. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    I have a truly extensive crackfic oevre that goes back nearly two decades, stand by while I dig out my greatest hits. [face_devil]

25. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    I've decided!

Dialogue: "And you won't have to think about the rotting!" from Tactless (which I posted under a sock, but it's me :p)
    Story Element: trying on skintight leather pants from The Black Leather Complex