main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I was just looking through the archives of the RP forum and remembering the characters. I forgot Darth Idoneus.

Adalia - I don’t know if I would go that far.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It’s a lot of fun to read the old stuff! Definitely is.

SWBob and darthbernael like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Good point @SWBob - I have utterly failed to grow up, and my home displays the openly!! 56 and still a kid inside. ;)

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    "Only those who grow up, but remain a child are truly human."
    Erich Kästner

Vehn, SWBob and Sarge like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh, justification for my childishness. :p

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    How did we not hear about this? We could've taken up a collection!

We've gotta start watching auction catalogs; so much SW stuff is being auctioned off lately...

Sarge likes this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Good lord woman, when did you start raising the dead?!? :eek:

And if we did, where would it live?

8. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hello? It's Halloween [face_pumpkin] season! What better time to indulge in necromancy? And that was totally on topic!

I figured it would spend a month with each person who made a contribution.

adaml83 and Adalia-Durron like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL, well that does make sense on some level!

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  10. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Whacks him on the head.

Yep, he is now........don't listen to him, he does not feel better..

Sarge likes this.
  12. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Honestly, if there was more news on Rogue Squadron
    [​IMG]
    that'd be great...

The Vanguard likes this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We wish...............we so very wish.

Sarge and adaml83 like this.
  14. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, it's that time of year...do we think a blood sacrifice to the Dark Powers would help?

Actually, what do we think of the rumors of the TV series about the Rangers or that NR dude with the beard who keeps turning up in Mando & Ahsoka? (can't remember his name)...are there possibilities there? Rogue Light?

Sarge and adaml83 like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Last I heard, Rogue Squadron had never been officially cancelled, and there is still a chance of turning it into a TV series, if not a movie. My thought is, why not both?

16. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    I would prefer a TV series first, and even a Wraith TV series, because with Ashoka it seems to be leading into something where there needs to be more characters to focus on.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We need something to feed us, we're veracious.....

Sarge, Mistress_Renata and adaml83 like this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It boggles my mind that Disney isn't going full throttle on Rogue Squadron. Haven't they seen the box office numbers for Top Gun Maverick? Audiences want fighter pilot stories, and SW movies are still hits. RS should be a license to print money.

19. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    I agree. It should be, but the lack of planning involved in these films and shows is readily apparent. Just from a purely mercenary standpoint, the ST era launched with a ton of goodwill and could have incorporated New Jedi (And their lightsabers to sell) New Republic ships and fleets and new adventuring ships.

What did we get? Barely-microwaved X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, the Millennium Falcon again and a couple of ships seen at a distance, along with a Mon Cal Cruiser that looked like any other Mon Cal pre Profundity. I'm not saying they need to or should just do straight up Legends adaptations, Legends absolutely had its own issues, but I think Disney/Lucasfilm is having a crisis in planning and writing while critically mishandling legacy IP. Just look at Indiana Jones.

They're also having a crisis of confidence RE 'What will make more money' via vibes vs... knowing what people want.

I've often described Marvel as "The New Star Wars" in terms of appealing to kids and the new generation of young adults, in that it transformed cinema in a similar way to Star Wars, but even after driving an explosion in high dollar superhero blockbusters (IMO to the detriment of actually funding other films in the mainstream) Marvel (and the big superhero blockbuster concept) has been losing steam.

Andor being the best thing we've gotten since Rogue One IMO because Gilroy isn't a fan or genre favorite should not go unremarked, and more writers and directors should be picked that way, but I doubt they will.

Ultimately I think the best thing for Wars is to have at least 10 years in the wilderness, because they aren't just where Star Trek was with Enterprise and Nemesis, it's somehow worse, because they're constrained by the critical response to the ST and have to keep staying in a kind of Goldilocks Zone of "Post ROTJ, pre Sequel Trilogy, and with the ST destroying the Republic offscreen and leading to "Somehow Palpatine returned" any stories in that era become less meaningful with a built-in end date.

That said with the need for money/profit and a bunch of people needing to glom onto whatever becomes successful until any original concepts are replaced with action figures and memberberries (Mando S1 vs S3) I don't think Disney/Lucasfilm will be reassessing their current trajectory any time soon.

20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I think this is the kicker. "What will make money" + "Wouldn't it be cool" vs. "What stories do we want to tell?" There's too much handwaving "Oh, well, because the Force" vs. "what would make logical sense?" Because frankly, to my mind, that makes it all stronger.

I think I'd like to see other tales of the Rebellion. Which is really what Andor is. Took an interesting character and explored him. The Mandalorian was a new character, and the first series I really enjoyed.

21. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    And ultimately Andor and Mando lead to the same ST era that DisWars doesn't want to touch again.

In most of the current Disney/Legacy media... "There's no there there." I don't like being told to watch two other shows to learn what's going on in a third. If the writers can't create a compelling story and introduce or reintroduce us to characters in media res then the show should not be made or released.

I've also got a rant about writers being incapable of portraying a "Big Good" or a competent larger faction because so many writing tropes depend on a "Plucky Band of Heroes or a Rogue Cop who Won't Be told What To Do" (to the detriment of the Disneyverse New Republic) but I think it's not germane to the current discussion.

22. Uhl Eharl Khoehng

Uhl Eharl Khoehng Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2000
    A good movie or tv show would be great. I want to see Lieutenant Kettch in action.

Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now that seriously would be awesome!

24. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    It's honestly what I'd prefer a Rogue Squadron TV show and a Wraith Squadron one as well. Ideally to lead into either a Dark Empire or Thrawn Trilogy movie or movies.

25. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    The New Legend of the Galactic Heroes series shows what an animated X-wing/TTT could look like.

At this point you'd basically have to make an X-Wing series an animated one just on the scale it would need to be which would give you a bit more room to play with the budget and voice actors, and then you might as well make it a visions-tier 'In a different multiverse' which would mean... *sigh* opening up the can of worms that would bring back legends.

Which isn't happening.

Honestly just give it to someone like Gilroy who wants to do it as a project and isn't a fan. Then people it with British Theatre actors. It'll get done, people will like it, and it will still lead into the ST so uh. Yay! Dead end!

Okay... uh. Hm. Either way you can just cast Matt Berry as Warlord Zinsj and go from there.
    [​IMG]