main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Boxing Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthSubZero, May 15, 2007.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Fury is currently all bluff and bluster as he know no one can touch him.

If he actually retires, his belt(s) get removed and the next TWO mandatory challengers fight for the prize. The fact his hasn't happened says he's not yet retired.

Joshua/Usyk is next week, the winner will fight Fury. Joshua is the preferred challenger from a monetary perspective and based on his longevity prior to him becoming really crap but in all honesty, I'd rather see a fighter like Usyk take on Fury than a now broadly ineffective puncher in Joshua take on Fury.
    Fury/Joshua fills the Brit on Brit desire but Fury would win with one hand behind his back. Have him take on a real boxer. Fury would still beat Usyk but it would be a real fight.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    As good a boxer Usyk is, Tyson is just as good and far larger. Fury easily beats him.

Luke02, FatBurt and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  3. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah, Fury is just too big for Usyk. I like Fury, but I’m getting a little bored of all the “announcements” and chatter from him and his camp. I’d like to see Fury fight again, but I can’t think of a genuinely exciting opponent for him.

Maybe Fury’s future is just exhibition fights against guys like Francis Ngannou. I wouldn’t blame him for cashing in, but I wouldn’t be so interested in watching.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    joshua looks totally outmatched tonight. very slow start, don't know if he's got a round in the first five.

5. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    That was a pretty low blow from Joshua. Borderline at best.

6. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Joshua will only win this through KO. He's not going to out box Usyk

He's also not likely to get a KO now as he'll tire and tire rapidly

7. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    He’s trying to bank body shots to slow Usyk down. It’s not working so far.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    he's five rounds too late on the body shots. usyk is clinical, and totally in control.

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    best round by Joshua yet.

Only good round in all honesty

Better last couple from Joshua but Usyk's won this with ease

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    split decision, lol what the ****

even for a sport soaked in corruption, that's bad

11. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    AJ’s having a wee tantrum.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    next stop, wwe

FatBurt and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i hate to see golovkin like this, slow and posing no threat whatsoever to canelo. i hope he didn't have to take this fight for the money, and that he can properly retire soon. never worth the damage.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So this sounds like Tyson/Usyk is happening?

15. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Fury vs Chisora III on 3rd December. The fight nobody wants to see. I hope PPV and ticket sales flop.

FatBurt likes this.
  16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I guess it's happening because the Joshua fight fell through and Fury wanted to stay active in the ring because he might fight Usyk early next year.

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Fury/Joshua is never going to happen now but that's probably a good thing as Joshua is now well on his way to being a busted flush

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  18. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I don’t think Fury/Joshua was ever a serious possibility. Tyson’s call-out was another one of his pantomime performances, which have grown tiresome. If Fury genuinely wanted the fight, I think he could have made it happen. I also think he would have destroyed Joshua.

I still like Fury, but I want to see him fight someone new. Fury said he’ll fight 3 times in 2023. Usyk, then maybe Joe Joyce or Daniel Dubois. Those are fights I’ll gladly pay for.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Found this concerning all of this.

And his end comments:

And while Fury says he was sincere about announcing his retirement previously, he realizes that he doesn’t have the wherewithal to live a normal life outside of boxing.

In fact, Fury openly admits that he’ll likely need professional help to assist his brain to make the transition from being a life-long fighting man to his post-boxing career.

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Thats an issue that applies to most professional sports people. The fact he recognises it now is a good thing for him and the fact he's been open about his mental health issues in the past and is being open about recognising he'll need help in the future is actually good for general awareness of mental health issues but may also help with the toxicity that can exist around the need to ask for help.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    credit to jake paul and anderson silva, that was a pretty good fight. anderson silva is in incredible fighting shape at 47 years old.

22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    In what seems a lifetime ago, my childhood friends used to hang around my parents house watching boxing since my dad is (or rather was) a massive fan of it and would even get some of the big pay per views. Never dreamt that one day my sons friends and a few of their dads (including my best friend since kindergarten who was obviously for those fights growing up) would be hanging around my house to watch the replay of a celebrity YouTuber (gags) take on a former MMA champ in a boxing match but here we are. There are worst reasons to get together with your friends and besides watching boxing, they are also watching college football, playing video games (which my friends and I used to do growing up and still do) and their friends are helping them organize their Halloween candy something I also used to do. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Tyson Fury fought last night:

Kind of an odd, quick stoppage but what are ya gonna do? he was getting battered.

And then Fury and Usyk came face to face:

25. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I didn’t watch it, but it sounds like it was pretty one-sided. As I’ve said before, I’m getting a bit bored of Fury bumping his gums. That said, I do think he’s a great fighter and I’d be genuinely excited to see him up against Joyce and Usyk. He’s too big for Usyk, but it’ll be interesting to see how Usyk attempts to counter the weight/reach advantage.