main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    To be honest, that's pretty exceptional. A guy before him failed, and he used a targeting computer. And computers usually make no mistakes. That was considered an impossible shot. What was it? Two meters wide? That was pretty damn exceptional. And he did it basically blindly, just by "believing", whatever that means. And considering that the Force has a will, and guides people in Star Wars, and it makes certain events possible — that can be considered a Deus Ex Machina. Especially since George explicitly described the Force as a metaphor for God. One could also argue, that 20 minutes with Ben is not sufficient enough training. But it's Luke, the revered hero of the franchise, so of course it's enough.
    I mean, if you didn't want it to be tedious, you would just say something akin to "I don't like that" and move on. That's what I would do. It's not even about Ahsoka, or any character, but in general. But when I present my opinion not just as an opinion, but I post it as an argument, trying to make some point, I am aware that it can be debated by anyone posting here, since this is a forum, and I am perfectly fine with that.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I know some think so. I've never felt the need to suspend much disbelief over it. I've always felt the movie set it up well enough.
    As I said, this is an old debate. Years old. And sometimes the old habits come back. Nature of the beast, and forgotten tomorrow.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's not what canon means. Everything LFL puts out is canon unless stated otherwise (Visions, LEGO specials). What's fluid is continuity, how story details can vary depending on the source. And even then big picture both versions of a story can contribute to the greater lore, once you accept that Star Wars storytelling continuity is a hybrid of hard and soft canonicity. So many fans get too hung up on taking every tiny detail as CANON, when the storytellers are perfectly fine working under the reality that either they can change little things to serve their stories or their stories will be changed in little ways if another storyteller needs to. Nothing gets erased or decanonized, it just simply becomes a different point of view.
    Well for one thing there actually haven't been any irreconcilable differences between the stuff that's been "changed". And another it's a bit presumptuous to say the vast majority of fans only care about visual media- where do you think all the people complaining about retcons are coming from, the ether? This fandom is immeasurably vast, and LFL is aware of how much interest there is in the various forms of media they put out, they're not going to intentionally alienate any portion of the fanbase (though obviously it's bound to happen anyway). So they do care, there's just more than a few fans who can be a bit sensitive regarding which stories "matter", when it all does.

Lord-Skywalker and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Where you get that definition of canon from?

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Canon and Legends divides the fan base.. its silly. I watched a Legends Force Power in The Book of Sith by Windham called Force Maelstrom appear in canon Rise of Skywalker. Even Ulic Qel Droma is canon now in a stain glass painting that depicts him being severed from The Force.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I watched the first episode, and it made me cry near the end. I was afraid Ahsoka's mom would be killed by that sabertooth being. However, I'm relieved that she wasn't.

Kato Sai likes this.
  7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Just finished the fourth episode. Gosh, I can't see how any decent person would be fond of any aspect pertaining to the character of Sidious Palpatine. The more I read and see of him, the more horrifying and repugnant he becomes. Poor Yaddle. She tried to sway Dooku back to the light. She was brave.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It's almost like the evil Space Wizard that wanders around in a creepy black cloak talking about "The Dark Side" is not a nice guy ;)

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Repugnant if your hope lies in the Light and The Republic. But when you find the Jedi fail you, “all you have is the darkness.”

10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    These were ok. The Dooku eps were good and ep 6. But ep 6 felt very rushed.

i like the idea that windu DID know he would be named to the council and that was why he wanted to rush the mission.

fett 4 and Kato Sai like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

AusStig likes this.
  12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I was kind of disappointed. She had just ended someone's life. It made sense that nature would strike back somehow. Things normally have a way of balancing themselves out.
    Oh well, they all die at some point.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

If I said, "Gosh, I can't see how any decent person would be fond of any aspect pertaining to the character of Ahsoka Tano," would that be unfair?

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Yeah its best to try and be respectful when you air your dislike of a character. I mean I was not fond of Ahsoka, then I saw Tales of the Jedi and I became a fan.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  15. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    :p
    "Gosh, I can't see how any decent person would be fond of any aspect pertaining to the character of _____." Fill in the blank. I'm saying, let's not call fellow fans indecent for simply being fans. [face_peace]

16. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Eh, I know I'm indecent. It's all good [face_peace]

Riv_Shiel and cwustudent like this.
  17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I enjoyed these shorter stories, the "filling in the blanks" in what we've seen on screen, the lovely animation and new designs, and the less pompous music used in the earlier episodes.

Bring on more please.

Cos Palpatine, Kato Sai and Lulu Mars like this.
  18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    This could be a good place to give us a glimpse of the early years of Obi-Wan + Anakin. And why not the day Obi-Wan became Qui-Gon's apprentice? In Legends, he failed the Jedi Initiate Trials and was assigned to the AgriCorps before he somehow caught Qui-Gon's attention. I don't know if that's in the current canon as well.
    It might also be interesting to see that little adventure when he and Satine first met.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they are saving Kenobi and Satine story for something special.

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    This show is something special. :p
    What I like about this show is that its The Clone Wars without an in-universe time-line limitation, or an OOU time-length expectation. And I liked the story-balance: two character-trilogies. If we get a season two, how about three shorts about Obi-Wan and Satine? They meet. They fall in love. They separate.
    When do you think is a good time to bring back Barriss? I want to see the Empire release her with the intention of following her, like Sauron released Gollum, and Filoni does like his Tolkien references...

21. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    So now we have a definitive answer to what happened to Yaddle, are there any other onscreen PT era (from either the PT trilogy movies or The Clone Wars series) Jedi that we don't know what happened post-Order 66?

Bariss
    The force sensitive kids Ahsoka saved from Grievous
    ??

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Bearded Slug man Oppo Rancisis and Massive-lightsaber-weakness / Pizza Run Guy Yarael Poof

23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Well, Ahsoka only slays war criminals and other repellent people. Sidious kills virtuously anyone (good, bad, or morally ambiguous) for fun. Heh.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Amazing what they can get done in fifteen minutes. Remember when cartoons had two or three shorts in one episode? I'm down for a whole show like this. But more Tales of the Jedi free of constraints like the timeline is likely fresher than a show exactly like The Clone Wars set before or shortly after The Phantom Menace. The Dooku trilogy made me want that. They did a great job adding to Dooku's back story and even did a hint of world-building. They'll be in my mind next time I do a Prequel or TCW rewatch.

The first Ahsoka short and possibly the other two will likely mean more to her show. "Practice Makes Perfect" showed more of Ahsoka and Rex's friendship than almost the entirety of The Clone Wars. The final installment where she defeats the inquisitor in all of three seconds may also be relevant to The Bad Batch. This certainly whets my appetite for more Star Wars animation. I would like shorts that are about more than the Jedi but I supposed that was just me being greedy.

25. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    My next season wishlist:
    - Mace and his master
    - Mace and Depa
    - Depa and Caleb

- Luminara and Barriss pre-AotC
    - Barriss and Ahsoka mid-TCW
    - Barriss and Luminara's reunion after the Temple bombing arc

- Ben Solo at ~10
    - Ben Solo at ~16