main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions If the Legends continuity were further expanded, what stories would you add?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The Emotional Jedi, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    Another idea that came up in my head was a "rise-to-the-top" story of Jabba the Hutt from his humble beginnings to the current era; maybe show off his background with Ephant Mon when they were strapping young gangsters.

2. Protean

Protean Jedi Master star 2

Sep 17, 2008
    That cancelled sword of the jedi series. Jaina deserved far better writing.

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    That could potentially still be done in the New Canon I feel. Maybe a Luceno novel just called „Jabba“

Darth Caliban and Sgt.Matt like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As a note, I expect this to be a positive thread about what you would add not a discourse on what you hate.

5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Sorry if my comment came off as sarcastic, I would love to read that Jabba novel. Just said it would work well in the NEU as well.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh, no, it wasn't directed at you, @Mira Grau, just a casual reminder.

I actually agree, mainly because Rotta remains a continuity black hole (unless you ascribe to him having appeared in Visions).

7. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I guess Fortuna killed him to take over Jabba´s Palace himself?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean if Hutts live for a thousand years, Rotta might not even be a Hutt-Teenager in 4 ABY...

We just don't know enough to say how mature he would be...

But with how Bib was unceremoniously killed, perhaps.

AusStig likes this.
  9. Sgt.Matt

May 12, 2018
    I always chalked up Rotta's disappearance to his dad feeling some form of protectiveness to the kid; maybe he had him shuttled off to somewhere safe and away from the multiple enemies that could assassinate him. Or he might've been a casualty in the politics of the Hutt Cartel, who knows....

AusStig likes this.
  10. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'd like to think that Rotta could wind up living a more heroic life than his father's generation. Alongside general improvements in the galactic blight that is Hutt Space, I'd like to think Rotta became a benevolent warlord and friend of the Jedi. Rotta could have won important victories in the criminally overlooked Hutt Theater of the 2nd Imperial Civil War.

11. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Now imagine if a pre-teen Rotta succeeded Boba in the end of a second season of BOBF...

AusStig and Taylor Neir like this.
  12. All-Terrain-Sturmtiger

All-Terrain-Sturmtiger Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2022
    I'd like to add stories about the Chiss fighting the Yuuzhan Vong(including the rise of Tsavong Lah). I'd also like the Sword of the Jedi trilogy being released and the story of Jagged Fel reconstructing the Empire

KnightofRaxusPrime and Tay Neir like this.
  13. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I have already made a comment here, but I could give it another go:

- The first Sith lords and the Hundred Year Darkness should have been explored

- The New Sith wars should have been explored

- Novels about the Banite Sith

- Dooku novel by James Luceno

- Continue the story past Crucible. I would like if they continued to explore the more magical side with Mortis, Celestials etc. Maybe give us some answers on the Whills. Abeloth could escape again?

- A crazy idea: What if the gates of Hell is literally opened? Or the gates of Chaos/Netherworld in this instance. You could have the spirits of all the Sith lords be unleashed upon the galaxy and turning it into their battlefield with Luke caught in the middle.

darklordoftech and Gerak like this.
  14. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    More Hutt infighting/politicking. More subfactions, more scheming, more power grabs. Legacy era, OT, PT, NSW---- the era's of a secondary concern. Just anything to flesh out the Hutt corner of the universe. I just finished playing Makeb's story on TOR and I'm reminded how further writers could take the story, if they wanted to.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    AusStig likes this.
  15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The Cult of Waru needs expanding on.

Kidding.

Seriously though, I’d like further exploring into the ancient civilizations like the Celestials (they made the Maw and Corellia) and the Mortis civilizations. Wouldn’t mind exploring more about the early days of Coruscant or even the underworld of the city planet. I remember enjoying those parts in NJO and the YJK series.

Speaking of YJK, I would love another one of these again. Maybe having the reading difficulty more adult centered than young adult though.

AusStig, King Maul and darklordoftech like this.
  16. Darth Krayt Novel It would be interesting to know in depth Krayt Story after the NJO or Fate of the Jedi

Ben Skywalker/Kol Skywalker Novel a Trilogy of Novels about the descendants of Luke in Legends before Legacy Comics

Cade Skywalker and Ania Solo Comics or Novels in a Story where they try to defeat the rest of Darth Krayt Sith Darth Talon could be the Final Villain a Story where the Legacy Era Ends and the Sith Order is Destroyed for Good this time

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2023
    AusStig and Doompup like this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - Develop Subtext Mining more and reveal who hired them to kill Rugess and Hego and what their connection to Naboo is.

- More about the House of Palpatine

- Explain how Vitiate got black eyes, animals avoiding him, etc.

18. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A novel set in the Legacy era, not necessarily a novelization of Legacy itself.

It would allow that era of SW to be more developed in ways a comic is not able to do so.

Gerak likes this.
  19. Post Dawn of the Jedi and Pre Tales of the Jedi Era

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The adventures of Jolee Bindo, Sunry, and Mandalore the Ultimate during the Great Sith War.

21. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    She seems very wise:

“So how does it feel to have walked in your enemy's camp?"
    "
    I don't see Jedi as the enemy now. That's far too simplistic."
    "
    What, then?"
    "
    They're people with only half the picture who believe they have all the facts. It makes their decisions flawed.” -JACEN SOLO AND LUMIYA

That’s well said.

22. Sgt.Matt

May 12, 2018
    I'd give to see more stories centered around the Wookies and Ewoks, especially in the days prior to the Rebellion era.

23. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I agree with your later points but this is definitely something that should have gotten more attention. The Hundred Year Darkness is such a pivotal event in universe(the second Jedi schism and the Sith founding are what makes the rest of SW happen) and we don't have some in depth comic or novel series on it.

Anything before the HYD is basically "pre history" narratively speaking yet we have a Dawn of the Jedi novel and comic series. Fleshing out the views and ideals of the exiles and their Jedi enemies and the state of the galaxy at the time in the hands of a good writer really set the contours for what the Sith would become as SW primary antagonists.

24. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    For me it is because he is the first "Anti-Christ" of the Force, the second being Palpatine, those beings of pure darkness who come in and completely unbalance the nature of the cosmos, which require a Chosen One to balance out (Hero of Tython for Vitiate, Anakin for Palpatine), after all if there have been more than a single chosen one, it stands to reason there has been more than an anti-christ as well.

AusStig likes this.
  25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I would like to have a story about Pias Dia. The New Sith Wars, many stories. Also Dawn fo the Jedi going on until the First Great Schism. I would lost a post Crucible story where Ben Marries Vestara and the heroes get a send off. Also more of legacy volume 2 and that Darth Maul game could be a lot of fun.