main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Don’t lie. You wrote in “Palpatine” on the ballot during the last Swedish elections.

Though to be fair, he’s probably a lesser evil than the government you got! (I feel your pain here in Italy…).
    It makes sense, too, as he only speaks backwards sometimes. He spoke…um, forwards…most of the time.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Does anyone keep a personal timeline for (at least) animation? I wondered how Practice Makes Perfect and Resolve fit with The Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, and Forces of Destiny.

3. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Practice Makes Perfect has to be after S02E11 - Lightsaber Lost, because that's, apparently, when Ahsoka met Tera Sinube for the first time. It also makes sense that nearly two seasons of war have passed for her to hone her skills and ace the floating droid challenge, and Anakin saying, "[...] and then we'll see what you've really learned."
    Her training with one lightsaber happens until S03E11 - Heroes on Both Sides, where she gets another lightsaber and a new outfit. When it cuts to her training with two lightsabers and a new outfit, the clones are already Phase II, so that is somewhere during Season 4, when all the clones get Phase II armor.

Most of the Forces of Destiny shorts with Ahsoka happen after S03E11 - Heroes on Both Sides, because in all of those she has a new outfit and two lightsabers.
    Unexpected Company specifically has to happen after Season 5 Onderon episodes, because Ahsoka was surprised in those that Anakin understands her feelings towards Lux and how they're distracting her from the mission. And in Unexpected Company short, Ahsoka pretty much confirmed to herself that there is definitely something going on between Anakin and Padmé, and she decided to keep it a secret.
    Teach You, I will has to happen during the timeskip after S03E04 - Sphere of Influence (the last episode chronologically, where Ahsoka was younger in her tube top outfit and used one lightsaber), but before or shortly after S03E11 (Ahsoka visibly matured, new outfit, two lightsabers), because in that short Ahsoka said that she just started learning how to use two lightsabers.
    The others, I think, can be placed anywhere after S03E11.

Resolve depends on when exactly Padmé's funeral happened. How long was Ahsoka on the farming planet? Also up in the air. I'd say at least 6 months. If we go by the Ahsoka novel, which this short depicted in an abridged variant, it happens well over a year after Revenge of the Sith. Makes sense with Bail saying, "It's only gotten worse."

The Bad Batch timeline is hard for me, it starts immediately during Order 66, and it's difficult to tell how much time passed in-between the episodes, so I can't tell when exactly Rex met them and when Rex and Ahsoka parted ways.

So it more or less makes sense to me personally, with the exception of The Bad Batch.
    But that's all just off the top of my head. Need to sit down and properly watch through all of it to sort it out cohesively.

2Cleva, cwustudent, Sproj and 3 others like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Bad Batch skips some weeks among the episodes. And season 1 ends with at least 6-8 months after Clone wars. Ahsoka and Rex probably only stayed together for few days before departing. Bail might have recruited Rex soon after Naboo. Bad Batch Season 2 is said to be around 1 year after the clone wars. About same time as Ahsoka in hiding, probaly. Maybe Bad Batch season 2 connects with Resolve short. With Rex being more involved, we could see Ahsoka cameo, Bail story with Rex.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think "Resolve" gives away Bail as the person Rex is working for. The timeline is a rough one though. Rafa and Trace's appearance in season 1 of The Bad Batch makes more sense if Ahsoka was already recruited by then. It's hard to judge how much time passed between episodes of The Bad Batch. Like "Rampage" and "Decommission" could have a few months in there. But that does seem too soon. It's also a question as to when is too early for the first Inquisitor to show up. It's possible one could appear in season 2 hunting after Gungi. The Bad Batch working together with their special abilities (Maybe Rex with them utilizing his experience from dealing with Krell, even "To Catch a Jedi") could probably take an Inquisitor as low level as the scary plague mask guy Ahsoka took out in two seconds. Hunter was shown in the original Bad Batch arc in TCW fighting back-to-back with Anakin.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    That's some next level timelining going on there!

Sproj likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If we go by the comics The Inqusitors appears just days or weeks after ROTS. Grand Inquisitor is already starting to work with Darth Vader. And the hunt fir Jedi begin.

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I also remembered Depa and Caleb, so I've included their introduction. (I watch the audio-comics.)
    If I understand correctly, you're suggesting, maybe:

TCW Hunt for Ziro
    Kanan - First Blood 07 The Corridors of Coruscant
    Kanan - First Blood 08 The Towers of the Temple
    TOTJ Practice Makes Perfect - before the in-episode time-jump, Ahsoka has one lightsaber
    FOD Teach You, I Will - Ahsoka transitions to two lightsabers
    TCW Heroes on Both Sides (and other epsisodes)
    TOTJ Practice Makes Perfect - after the in-episode time-jump, Ahsoka has two lightsabers
    (Ahsoka leaves the Order)
    TOTJ Practice Makes Perfect - final scene

I tried a mini-marathon to see Practice Makes Perfect in different contexts, and I liked it best when it didn't interrupt anything else. I don't think I'll pause Victory and Death again to watch this short. I think...bcs the majority of the episode takes place during TCW's timeskip, that's a good home on my timeline.

Thanks again for your input. [face_peace]
    I watched the end of TCW and, well, I had to keep going. It was the right thing to do. Right now I'm looking for a comfortable point to pause TBB and watch Resolve.

9. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Sure, Filoni is maybe pretty fixated on Ahsoka, but I love it because it works. The appeal of Ahsoka IMO is that we finally get to see a Jedi whose training/character development we followed get to be in their prime. We get to see how she navigates the world as a fully mature Jedi, which is something we didn't get to see with Luke, Leia, Rey etc

CampOfSorgan, Count Yubnub and Sproj like this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Good to see this doing pretty well with Andor still ongoing. Hope for future seasons.

KyleKartan and rumblewagon like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    We are getting to see a mature and trained Jedi in Luke: Mando S2, BOBF, and etc.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The power of Ahsoka Tano!
    Ok, yes the Count Dooku episodes were excellent as well.

Ahsoka's Tano and Kato Sai like this.
  13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Just watched the first two and I don’t want to watch any more now because I don’t want it to end. Now this is pod rac-, I mean Star Wars.

14. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    Kevin Kiner deserves his flowers. I can't stop listening to Ahsoka's Village!

Also, I mentioned before how I'd love for them to delve into the Windu lineage & what really went down with Barriss/Luminara in a future season if they happened, but what with all the discussion about animation as a vehicle for stories - I just have to add that this show & format would be a near perfect space to give us some Jedi Leia. ❤️

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  15. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    “Justice” was tense! Really liked that one. Jedi Dooku is so cool. In the standoff, I almost expected him to use the Force to deflect the Senator’s soldiers’ blaster bolts — even though that’s not really in line (from what I know) with his powers.

I liked “Choices” as well. Seeing Dooku & Windu banter, and the contrast between the two was entertaining. Really seeing the early stages of Dooku’s disillusionment with the Republic in this one.

In “The Sith Lord”, seeing the Jedi in the Temple abuzz with the rumor of a Sith sighting was amusing. Almost like kids in a cafeteria. The TCW-style animation of Qui Gon in this one is really good, looks just like him from TPM.
    The music in this one was REALLY chilling. The opening in the wall of the abandoned building reminded me of a creepy smile. Echoing that Dooku is making a deal with evil.
    “Already so many have suffered for what you call order”. Perfect. Inarguable. RIP Yaddle.

Not sure exactly how I feel about Dooku being the one that killed her, or how Dooku was portrayed in this. But I will say it was enthralling.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Visuals and music are top shelf. Really excellent stuff. Stories are a bit pedestrian.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Any thoughts on Practice Makes Perfect being a way for Anakin to prepare Ahsoka to survive Order 66?

Although that would mean him knowing it was coming.

18. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    He trained her to protect herself in what was an ongoing full-scale war, because he would not always be there to protect her, and Anakin couldn't bear to lose the people he cared about, thus the obsessiveness and intensity. He didn't know about Order 66, obviously. It was just a dramatic irony.

19. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If the series continues...I would love to see stuff that gets away from main characters in the future.

20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I want to see Coleman Kcaj. Mostly because I want to hear someone say his last name.

21. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The question on my mind is which member of the Council is the original gossip.
    Or maybe it was Obi-Wan talking behind his masters back. :p

22. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    I could barely stay awake for these episodes. These "fill in the gap" stuff are just so unnecessary. The one with the female Yoda and Count Dooku, I mean, what in the heck was that? Dooku had no redeeming qualities, he was a tyrant plain and simple. The retconning is out of control.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Thats simply just not true.

24. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yoda is female? That's news to me.

He just snapped his fingers one day and voilà! Pure evil.
    Got it.

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Jedi who trained Qui-Gon had no redeeming qualities; not even a decade before the Clone Wars. Sure.