main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    honestly the crazy bench celebrations go back way further than when the team was loaded. i've been watching most of their games since 2012 and they were already nuts then, led by a young kent bazemore. but at this point i don't think they're special in any way. every team does this now, and every team takes it to the point of excess at times.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    You heard it here folks, tom's only been a Warriors fan since 2012! FRAUD!

Real talk the hate might have something to do with this too:

[​IMG]

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol zaza took out his teammates just as frequently.

i feel like i've already defended my fair-weather fandom too many times to litigate it again.

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Steph Curry counting 3 points with his fingers after scoring ordoing the shimmy dance by himself is now considered "arrogant" or "provocative" I see.
    I can probably find more provocative celebrations by Giannis, who is one of the most modest players ever.
    I literally cannot think of a single team that doesn't celebrate in the bench after a big win or a huge play. Not one.

Imagine thinking that Zaza Pachulia is representative of anything that has to do with the Warriors because of 2 years that he played for them. I guess I should hate the Pistons then. That dude Laimbeer is very unlikeable.

Aaaanyway. Rooting for Portland tonight. As opposed to the Suns, the Blazers are one of the most likeable teams to me.
    I also want to see what the Kings do this year. They are playing really good basketball.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    "Imagine thinking that a player who played for a team has anything to do with that team"

Dude injured Kawhi on a very dirty play. Draymond has injured plenty of people with his dirty play and is still on the team, and is even injuring his own teammates, lol.

DarthIntegral and LloydChristmas like this.
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    zaza was a reckless and dangerous player. i used to fear for everyone on the court when he came in the game. i felt the same way about javale, but i don't really consider either player "dirty". on the other hand draymond has definitely done his share of dirty stuff, but i think he's much less dangerous and out of control in his approach to the game.

7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I was just havin' a laugh BUT this has triggered the NBA Thread Zaza Clause (not a Netflix Series...yet)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    dp4m, tom, CT-867-5309 and 2 others like this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i forgot about that post the first time, and i'll forget it again!

9. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Watching the Grizzlies/Thunder game with my son. Memphis had a fan come down and play a shooting game during a time out. Fan was pretty good and won a jersey. My son says, "Oh, he got hired."

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    @CT-867-5309 Wasn’t able to watch the Pistons/Lakers game last night; missed a good one.

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Such a fun game and win in Atlanta tonight. Got my money's worth on League Pass and despite all my screaming/cheering the neighbors didn't call the cops.

tom likes this.
  12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Two different sentences, but the interpretation towards a false argument is always more convenient than what I actually said.

13. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Is this the NBA Thread or the Jedi Draft

Madine out

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
  15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    While we're doing throwback references...

GAM OVER CAV!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  17. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

33 points on 55% FG and 7/14 on 3pt
    6 rebounds, 3 steals, 15 (!) assists, 1 turnover, +22 in +/-

Klay Thompson killed it today, he had 10/13 in three point shots.
    He needed that game. When the Warriors are playing well, it's a spectacle.

18. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    AD on great tear of late: 30pts/18boards last night, his 3rd straight game of at least 30+/10+ on those ends; the Lakers have won all 3 of those games... how about that?!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Runjedirun likes this.
  19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    steve kerr has rested curry, thompson, green and wiggins in the same game twice this season. both times were at new orleans, their only two visits there of the season. i'm just imagining being a warriors fan in new orleans and buying tickets to both games, only for that to happen. and yeah, both games were the tail end of road back-to-backs, but he couldn't have rested some guys in the front end of one of those? you know some people spent like an entire paycheck so they could take their kid to see steph curry. i mean you deal with it of course, it's not the end of the world. i've been to a warriors game in portland where kerr rested steph. i went to see the heat specifically because i wanted to see wade before he retired, and spoelstra rested wade that game. still it just feels lame to make the only times you rested the entire starting lineup the two times you're in one city.

20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    There were literally 1,000's of Morant Jersey's at the Wizards game, he comes to town once a year and yup he was resting. Everyone around us was understanding and disappointed. Plus Morant still got hurt a week later. It's very frustrating. Westbrook played every OKC @ Wizards and the Houston @ Wizards game I attended.

tom likes this.
  21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I saw that. The NBA warned teams not to do that back in 2020. They were warned not to rest healthy players on the road, and not to rest multiple players. Dray and Klay sat due to "injury management", and Steph was out with "elbow soreness". Soreness is not an injury. Injury management is not an injury. Rest at home for those things, where fans have 40 games a year to see their guys.

The NBA should step in and put a total stop to this.

1) Come down hard on habitual rulebreakers as things currently stand.
    2) Stop scheduling back to backs. People should boycott every game that is part of a back to back until the NBA stops scheduling them.
    3) Shorten the season by ten games and ban resting when players are able to play.

As it is, we need to get the word out to people to not buy tickets to back to backs. There's still a lot of casual fans who don't know. Let them play in front of empty arenas and lose money.

If teams schedule rest days in advance of the season, and we know they do, they should post those rest days publicly and put disclaimers on tickets for those games.

tom, mnjedi and Runjedirun like this.
  22. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    They showed Simmons getting booed by the Philly crowd during intros. Too bad Embiid, Harden, and Maxey are all out, this could have been great.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They should be cheering like a conquering emperor is returning. He's going to earn them all free Chick Fil A when he bricks all his free throws.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Who taught Ben Simmons his jump hook? It has to be no one. I've never seen anyone else shoot a hook like that in all my years of watching basketball. I've never seen anyone cock their arm and flip a hook shot. I've never seen one so herky-jerky. It's supposed to be one smooth motion.

That aside, Simmons is having a decent game. 2-2 from the FT line, has made some nice passes and defensive plays.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Pathetic showing by Brooklyn. Gave up twenty offensive rebounds.