main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Season 2 Discussion (Spoliers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Nov 26, 2022.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    It's a way off but we know it's coming.

We already know that there are likely to be 4 arcs and there is a roughly one-year gap between each one. The last arc will apparently lead "directly" into Rogue One.

Season 1 has been pretty well-received in the Jedi Council Forums. There are changes already announced for Season 2 (like directors). Does this mean they get a little more sandbox time than directors for, say, The Mandalorian (e.g., 3 episodes rather than 1).

There are plenty of characters from Season 1 to return to and spend time with. But there is scope for lots more during the timespan.

What else do we know?
    What do you want to see?
    What will the 4 arcs be about?
    And can this get an earlier release PLEASE!!!

(Mods, please edit/remove/combine as you see fit. I couldn't see a similar thread).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Tony Gilroy has said, in interview...

"What we’re working on now, the second part of this project, is not about Cassian becoming radicalized. It is very much about, How difficult is it for the Rebel Alliance to come together with all the outliers and original gangsters? Different agendas and betrayals? The tension of the next four years as things pull together? The effect of time on people? But I don’t look past that because my characters don’t know what’s going to happen after that."

https://www.vulture.com/article/andor-tony-gilroy-finale-interview.html

(I know nothing about the quality of the source or its reporting, but it is a quote from Gilroy, so...useful!)

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    @DannyD, Vulture is legit. Cool interview! Really interested in seeing the Rebel Alliance solidify next season.

Here's a list of stuff I posted in another thread regarding what to expect in season two:

The introduction of K2SO
    Cassian meeting Mon Mothma
    The Ghorman massacre
    Mon speaking out about the massacre and going on the run
    Bringing in Bail Organa,
    Explaining how Saw Gerrera was injured?
    Formation of the Rebel Alliance and Yavin IV
    Possibly a Krennic appearance?
    Cassian ending up on that planet he's on when we're first introduced to him in Rogue One
    Possibly a Princess Leia reference?
    More stuff with Luthen and his crew
    More Mon Mothma stuff
    The return of Melshi?

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I like Yularen to return and be in Andor season 2. Maybe we see him medting with other heads of the empire like Krennic and Tarkin. A Thrawn refference. See Krennic and Tarkin. More political senate. And ISB

Generational Fan likes this.
  5. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    • Saw's role in season 1 was more or less a cameo. I suspect setting up an arc in season 2 where he figures more prominently.
    • Fallout from the Narkina 5 prison break. Palpatine will surely want the "bad taste of that wiped from his mouth".
    • Cassian meets K2. He'll probably start off as a villain before Cassian reprograms him.
    • The final showdown between Cassian and Syril.
    • Something happens to Mon Mothma that gets her exiled before Palpatine dissolves the Senate.
    • More cameos: I'm guessing Krennic, Ackbar, and Mas Amedda.
    • While I suspect that most characters that are not mentioned or seen in Rogue One or the Original Trilogy will end up biting it, I think it's a cert that we will lose Bix. This will be one of the big reasons why Cassian is so determined to protect Jyn in Rogue One. But she'll probably get revenge on Dr. Gorst before she dies.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Ah, bon.... les spoliers sont autorisés.

I want a scene where Cassian gives Jabba a back and neck massage, talking softly into his ear, trying to convince him to help in the fight against the Empire.
    (I'm guessing Jabba has a neck of some sort between his head and back)

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I gotta say, I did not expect the twist that the "So" in K2So was Solo abbreviated and that he was Han's surrogate father before K2 was pressed backed into Imperial Service and forced to abandon Han.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I hope we get some scenes with Bor Gullet's predecessor, who was really bad at knowing the truth.

SAW: Hey, Tubes! Our new psychic just told me that our missing speeder bikes.... are in the basement..... of the Death Star. What the hell does that even mean?

Generational Fan and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    What I really love about that interview is the mention of original gangsters and the word "betrayals". Maybe Jabba is a given, but hopefully Crimson Dawn and other Underworld figures and entities. So many potentials there. I still feel that we should have 3 more television shows covering the era; all 5 seasons long each. One from the Rebellion perspective, one from the Empire perspective and then another from the Underworld perspective. So I'm hoping for quite abit of Underworld interaction.

From the "betrayals" point of view, Luthen has already set the template / precedent for Saw to follow; although this one didn't involve Saw directly as Luthen warned him. But I wonder if there will be a situation for Luthen in season 2 where Saw will be prepared to sacrifice Luthen to protect his team. Looking forward to these Alliance situations where they apply the greater good mode of thinking in a situation.

My only concern is the 3 episode thing done 4 times over to represent each of the 4 years until RO. My concern is that it will feel rushed. We all saw from this brilliant first season of Andor that we started out in Ferrix, then all of the sub-narratives and character arcs branched out like vine creepers (sometimes entwining again) - before they all rejoined at the central end point of Ferrix. This took 12 episodes to tell a proper and brilliant narrative from all character perspectives. Will a 3 episode arc feel to rushed and will the narrative just purely focus on Cassian as the central character? Will all of the character arcs of the supporting and minor characters be pushed to the side a little to make way for the sole focus on Cassian as the lead character?

I dearly hope not. And if that is what they are doing, it's the reason why we need a 5 season long Rebellion show to cover what is missed. Because Andor has provided a very strong foundation to be upon until it reaches its peak moment in ANH with the destruction of the first Death Star. With such a foundation of characters and their respective stories, you can build upon this with continual introduction of new characters, as well as the on-going deaths of other characters; to give that emotional weight and leverage to the Rebellion's plight and subsequent release of emotion when the Death Star explodes.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I had very mixed feelings on Season 1, but even I wish this had gotten the planned five seasons. I suspect I'll start enjoying the show more once the Rebel Alliance starts forming. It feels like cutting the show short just when it has the potential to get good imo.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope they’ll bring in Hera Syndulla and her rebel cell as the Alliance forms.

12. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    It taking place more or less at the same time as Rebels makes it hard.

I do think they could easily slot in Ezra's season 1 speech though. Show it to Andor or Luthen to show that other sparks of Rebellion are forming in the same way Maarva's did.

The closest we could get to a direct crossover would be if Cassian is involved in the OP to get Mothma on her way to when she meets up with the Spectres.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Gilroy meant the original gangsters of the rebellion, not the organized criminal cartels we know about. As in, the expression “OGs.” The people who preceded the Alliance, basically.

14. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    So.... what you're saying.... is that we'll get Jan Dodonna brandishing a Tommy Blaster and sporting a fedora.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Madine was a made man.

16. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Prune Face lost his eye in a ristorante.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Ackbar ran a popular gangster hangout called Ack Bar (that’s how we got his name).

Siphonophore likes this.
  18. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    "It's a little known fact that Yakface is actually short for Yakuzaface." -- Bren Derlin, aka Brenny Big Brains

Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  19. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    I'm the same, I wish it were 5 seasons or more too.

For me, I thought the first season of Andor was brilliant in every shape and form. And regardless if it is 5 or 2, this first season forms a brilliant character base / foundation in which to grow from. If it was still 5, you would add another series of characters (not sure how many though) each season to the overall narrative and weave their character arcs into Cassian's own; but not at the expense of the established characters from season 1. Unless a particular character dies (which does need to happen to add emotional weight and leverage to the narrative), season 1 characters are still honoured with further character growth and development. As each season comes and goes, the scope and scale will get bigger and bigger.

This would be alot of work to create Andorverse, but I feel Gilroy and his team are more than capable.

Maybe thats the reason why Andor should only be 2 seasons and that they should create multiple other shows (with Gilroy at the helm) to fill in around it.

As with Mandoverse, Andorverse too has monstrous potential to be something really huge; a "galaxy" within a galaxy far far away.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Many a criminal’s face had experienced a visit from Nien Nunb Knuckles.

Siphonophore likes this.
  21. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I have huge faith in Gilroy based on the first season, but I can't help but feel that there's a huge amount left to cover in a single season. Would love this to be extended to 3, highly unlikely given that season 2 is already filming unfortunately.

Oh well, here's to the creative team doing more Star Wars in the future (please )

22. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I hope Dantooine features... And just a little more of the familiar would be nice :cool:

Being honest here - It is the only SW content (In the foreseeable future) that I am looking forward to! I a lot of people love Mando, and I do most of the time...but it has Dave Filloni's childish stink all over it at times lol.

23. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Draven and Merrick.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I want more of Moroff.

25. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    On one hand, it's disappointing. Yet on the other hand, that's really fantastic too. I can't lose in my fulfillment in Season 2 of Andor.

Bor Mullet likes this.