main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Indian Jones Thread (starring Harrington Fode) (Now Discussing The Dale of Density)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jan 27, 2015.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    YouTube version for the Twitter-adverse:

TX-20 likes this.
  2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The Dale of Density

Asplundhe likes this.
  3. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I did not expect this

4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Some of this looks good and some looks real bad. Like Indy is a marvel superhero. And I’m wary of the cg flashbacks time travel whatever is going on

But at least his age isn’t an issue. He still rocks the fedora.

And I’m more interested in this than I was 15 min ago. And more so than avatar (which is zero!

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Looks great. I'm in.

But..."Dial of Destiny"? Ok.

The Regular Mustache and Sarge like this.
  6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    It had to do with the soap. Dial Soap. It’ll make sense in the movie.

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Indy is going to teach a young Tommy Tutone about the magic of dialing 867-5309.

8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Disappointing title. It should be "INDIANA JONES IN: DIAL 'D' FOR DESTINY".

I'm kidding. It's disappointing because it's not "INDIANA JONES AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS"

9. Asplundhe

Asplundhe Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2016
    It's about time travel. The dial will allow for time travel which will allow for Indy to be retroactively marginalized by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, as is the Kennedy way. I'd love to be wrong. And Spielberg's not directing it so the quality is sure to be on par with Jurassic Park 3 at best.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There is a younger looking Indy, so flashback or time travel?

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The opening of the film is a prologue set in the 40s during WWII. That's where the de-aged stuff from the trailer that we're seeing is coming from.

There's rumblings that
    time travel is going to factor into the plot via the MacGuffin (lots of Die Glocke speculation) and the Dial in the title seems to feed into that, but nothing outright confirmed there.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I want this to be good so, so much.

13. Asplundhe

Aug 29, 2016
    Time travel. Young Indy will die saving Phoebe Waller-Bridge and "present day" Indy will fade away like Marty McFly began to in Back to the Future. She dons the hat and picks up the whip. The movie ends with a montage of Waller-Bridge reenacting a bunch of classic Indy scenes from the previous films, cementing the idea that she not only replaces him (because she does everything smarter and better because grrrl powarrr) but actually becomes him...just in time for her very own Disney+ series.

That would require writing that was in touch with the character, the nature of these adventures, and care...love even. I hope I am proven woefully wrong and that this turns out to be thoughtful.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This looks great. I can’t wait!

15. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Posted in the Dial of Destiny thread in the Lucasfilm section, which is where I primarily go to chat about this, but worth dropping in here: the YouTube description officially confirms that George Lucas is exec. producing alongside Spielberg on this one.

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    That could be largely honorary. Then again that’s always been Lucas’s role on these. It’s always been give and take collaboration for Lucas unlike Star Wars which was Lucas getting more of the final say - especially with everything Prequels and later.

So maybe George did come out of retirement to work on this directly in some capacity.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Back at D23 or Comic Con or whatever it was this past Summer, Mangold explicitly named Lucas as one of his collaborators at the Indy portion of the panel.

I'm sure he wasn't on in a huge capacity but, at the very least, this is more involvement he's had on literally any other project since retiring/selling the company in 2012.

TCF-1138 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Dial of Destiny sounds like a title Lucas would come up with. Pure pulp.

19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    It used to be George came up with the story and artifact. I wonder if he did that again.

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He's not been an executive producer on any of the Star Wars projects. I doubt he's getting that credit without reason on this.
    As @Darth Chiznuk pointed out, the title is very pulpy in a very Lucas way. Maybe he actually came up with the title?

21. Asplundhe

Aug 29, 2016
    I just got this...I think. It's a Chip n' Dale reference, yes? 'Cuz Chip was Indy and Dale was Tom Selleck?

22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Darth Chiznuk It is giving flashbacks to the first time I heard Episode II was going to be called, "Attack of the Clones". That is not a good thing.

And that trailer was utterly uninspiring to the highest degree. Now in the end that really does not matter much as I still will argue that the TPM teaser trailer was one of the best if not the best trailer of all time and we all know how that turned out but for right now, as a Indy fan I must say this left me feeling "ehhhhhhhhh I can wait to it goes on Disney+....and when I have nothing else to watch".

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Agree.

Disagree.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Can't believe we finally got the Indy/SW crossover! SoloJones is real! (not tagging her because she avoids trailers like the plague :p)

[​IMG]

25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    So that’s the cockpit the Falcon is based off of?