main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    You want to write a story about SW and LOTR mixed in and realize it may actually be stupid and make no sense...but then remember...YOU ARE THE LORE and also there's a secret wardrobe that connects worlds together in Snoke's basement so yeah, this actually makes TOTAL sense to you, no questions asked.

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    When you solve your own question about switching out a Canon character that’s going to be an OC for all intents and purposes for a different Canon character by keeping them both and changing the beginning of the story and now need to rewrite a section but need a computer to do it and not a mobile device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    You accidentally use the term "headcanon" in casual conversation with your mom, and she looks at you as if you have three heads.

Not that this has ever happened to me. Certainly not. [face_whistling]

4. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    You have the same conversation but "headcanon" is understood as headcheese for some reason.

pronker, amidalachick, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  5. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    When you are seriously considering writing a fanfiction (a Dear Diary entry for the record) for the Progressive Insurance Dr. Rick commercials. Seriously.

6. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    DO IT

7. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    You wonder what villains do in their spare time and spend some time researching to get ideas and ultimately decide maybe some have like go-kart things they go riding around at their place of power or something.

OK NO MORE SUGAR FOR ME :p

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Lady_Misty, pronker, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  8. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    Now you have me imagining Palpatine vrooming around in circles and you've just made my day! [face_laugh]

9. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Palpatine: VADER, STOP THIS CRAZY THING!

Somebody go and write that fic now because I'm too lazy :p

10. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    IDK why but that makes me think of this:

[face_laugh]

11. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Kylo Ren trying to ride a bike because he broke his go-kart :p

12. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    Now you've made Kylo a much more sympathetic character in my eyes. I love Napoleon!

13. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    You know you're a fan fiction writer when your fan fiction is writing fan fiction.

Quick question: is a fic with an obnoxious Mary Sue protagonist having a torrid love affair with a seriously OOC Harlequin!Qui-Gon acceptable if I can blame it on Callista?

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...it is your story. Go for it. :) (or, you know, we totally can blame Callista)

...when the minuscule amount of caffeine in truffles causes you to be unable to write for at least a week. (Honestly, that was and is still embarrassing. How or why? Caffeine sensitive. Very.)

15. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    This has been happening lately in my stories that it scares me a bit :p

16. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    What Daena said! :D

You read this and now you're pondering which characters would read and write fan fiction. [face_laugh]

17. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    You know you're a fan fiction writer when... you write fan fiction. [face_plain]

[face_devil] I have confused you with my pure logic. [face_peace]

18. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    Oh no! I hope those truffles were good enough to be worth losing a week of writing....

And thank you for encouraging my madness. :D

Please tell me the fanfic is being written by a cat living inside a helmet. That would make my day!

...and now I'm imagining Mara finding one of Palpatine's mush fics and being so disturbed that she defects to the Rebellion.

Wut?

:D

19. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    The cat living inside a helmet is writing the fanfic inside a fanfic?!

[​IMG]

Yes. Yes it is. :D

You broke the entire thread--now we'll all get sucked into an alternative dimension or something [face_hypnotized]:p

20. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I feel like the most cheeky and annoying but also most irrefutable way to answer this thread would be for someone to actually post their fanfic in it.

21. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    As to the truffles being worth it... sort of? At first, I thought I was having January doldrums, caused by gloomy weather. Which didn't make any sense, because I love rain and we're finally getting it, and I kept getting dropped into the emotional sub-basement, and there's usually only one way that happens like THAT, after a swift upswing into hyperness. When I realized... "No wonder I was so darn hyper. Jeeze."

...when your OC's brother finally gets his chance to be in story properly, and he's even more of a troll than his psychologist sister who gave him the low-down in very emotional ASL the day before. (I COULD give a story fragment, just to be annoying ^^, but I'm not done with said fragment.)

22. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Mando wasn't sure why there was a cat living in his helmet but people were asking him questions about it.

"I don't know," he said. "He just sits there and writes fanfiction."

Greef Karga was confused. "Cats writing fanfiction inside people's helmets?! That's a terrible combination!"

"What can I say?" said Mando casually. "He just sits inside my helmet and likes writing stories. In fact, he's writing this fanfiction right now."

"We're all stories in the end," agreed Greef.

And the helmet cat continued to write the next chapter.

You're welcome :D

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  23. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    Oh no! I hope you're feeling better now.
    That sounds like fun!
    *head explodes*

amidalachick, Vek Talis and pronker like this.
  24. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFFWW you start to read a Wookiepedia article on a new character you wish to write and quit reading after the first intro para, because the involved backstory tells too much and you want to create your fanon without bothersome details that you must, you know, stick to.[face_clown]

25. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    You forget Din/Luke is not a official ship and are shocked when people act like they have never heard of it.