main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I'm beginning to wonder if there is even going to be a season 2 of this show. To be honest if there isn't I won't be that disappointed at all considering I have a feeling if there were more seasons all it would be is more Clone Wars expansion.

I've had this opinion for awhile that if they want to continue telling more stories about Clone Wars characters just start the Clone Wars series up again.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ahsoka yes, but tellin more stories with Dooku and Qui gon before Clone wars, pls.

3. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    It apparently did really well, so there will most likely be a second season at least.

Some of it will be Clone Wars expansion (which I'm totally on board with) but some of it won't. The first Dooku/Qui-Gon episode was before the Clone Wars began so for that reason alone it couldn't be a continuation of Clone Wars. Now how loose they're gonna be with time frame remains to be seen. Also they're gonna just be about the Jedi I assume whereas Clone Wars was about the Jedi, the Clones, etc. So looser time frames and shift in character focus means (to me) that TotJ is a Clone Wars spin-off, for lack of a better term.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Avar Kriss or they’re cowards!

5. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Lol yes we need a full episode about her and Elzar's Padawan days, lol.

6. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    AusStig, Lomer2012 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I feel that Ahsoka Tano is not done with the same amount of care as she was in previous material.

She seems too... err, perhaps a bit "too powerful" despite her age and experience?

I understand that she has a rather famous, or rather infamous, history of being referred to as a "Mary Sue" character and "fan-ficky" but, while I've always defended her as a character, her recent material seems like she's really not doing much and just being there to be "badass" or just to show long-time fans that she's alive and well.

She's already alive in the post-ROTJ era, which is already an impressive feat on its own. And now she survived her encounter with Vader through some hocus-pocus that I never watched in Rebels because, well, I never went that far in watching Rebels season 4 (or, I believe, season 3). Now she's basically one-shotting an Inquisitor in Tales of the Jedi.

I'm probably preaching to the choir as people here may have already voiced my concerns here, but I honestly don't know what to think of it all. :p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    cwustudent likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Wait, what? The recent Ahsoka material has shown her to be a wise teacher and a great fighter against non-force users (and even then, against a small walled garrison, she worked with Din Djarin to get the job done, and then had a pretty serious fight with a-non force user, that went on for a good amount of time). Where is this OP perception coming from?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I could just be thinking of what naysayers might say about her. And to be fair, she will always be the one that got saved my Anakin Skywalker time and time again.

To be fair, I think it was the more recent leaks about the Ahsoka show that got me worried, but that's just me. Have you heard of it? It just sounds too... fan-servicey or fan-ficky.

I could be wrong and the problem with leaks is that they're usually better done on-screen than on paper.

Bor Mullet and cwustudent like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve heard those, but like you say, there’s little detail and execution is everything. But so far in released material? Ahsoka is not overpowered.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I thought Ashoka was overpowered in her very first appearance as Anakin's padawan. I may be misremembering, but wasn't she knocking down walls with the Force? I only saw that once years ago and have no interest in seeing it again.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  12. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Clone Wars as a show could have gone on for 20 seasons

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    20 seasons? OK, but it would be going on without me.

14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Maybe, but if it was, that was before the lost episodes it wasn't really going any where. It is easy for a show to go on if it goes no where.

They can put more stories in there (and are doing so with brotherhood book), but why? The Bad Batch seems to be following up on TCW and maybe taking so unused/unresolved stories.

I would like to see more stories in the lead up to the Clone Wars, with a younger Anakin maybe.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's just the show's prequels on steroids style. Jedi (and especially Jedi Masters) were also insanely overpowered, so Ahsoka slotted into that style. So I guess I should have said relative to other Jedi in TCW, she was not over-powered. And that's even more the case in the Mandalorian, where she has trouble besting a non-force user wielding a metal stick.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    Mostly Handless and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If there are more seasons being made focusing on different characters, I'd love at least one look at Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's ghost communing through the Force. If a simple story like that can't quite justify a live action second season of Kenobi, then I'd happily take an animated interpretation.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    rocknroll41 likes this.
  17. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I just watched it this week and liked it. I liked getting more into Dooku's past personally. I will say one thing though I would've liked to have seen more of Syfo-Dyas than we got.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  18. These is some ideas i have for a possible Season 2 i think it will be interesting to see Episodes focused on: Jango Fett after Episode 1 and before Episode 2 how he met Dooku why is he Chosen to be the Benefactor of the Clones? maybe they can be inspired by the Jango Fett Bounty Hunter Video Game where Jango participated in a Dooku Tournament to find out who is the Best Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy

Kid Anakin before Episode 1 it would be interesting to see Kid Anakin on Tatooine with Shmi and see Anakin Childhood Friends and maybe we could see the Podracing Race that Anakin lost when he mentions that Race to Padme in Episode 1

Qui Gon and Padawan Obi Wan before Episode 1

Boba Fett in the Dark Times after Episode 3 how did he meet Jabba in the New Canon?

An Episode about Sifo Dyas

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2023
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'd like them to focus on some more obscure characters.
    One of the parts of TCW I really loved is that it gave characters like Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto time to shine.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A Sifo Dyas episode that connects with Dooku episodes.

21. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    What this show really needs is Yarael Poof.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes show him and the snake jedi.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    And the cat Jedi that slept through the empire or whatever

24. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    And the dog Jedi who wanted to go for a walk but couldn't because of Order 66 :(

25. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016