main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Star Wars Movie - NOT FILMING April 7th, 2024 (Blame Fredrik!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by chris hayes, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Its truly an achivement to not have one single bad scene. Both as a scumy politician and dark wizard.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ian is always great, but some of the scenes he's in have other problems that have nothing to do with him.

For instance, the fight choreography in his ROTS fight with the Jedi, and some of the less than great CG shots they used.

3. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    []

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Really you are using that twitter handle. Known for its tocix views and how wrong they often are. And lol Hollywood producer eho havent produxed mutch of anything. You are getting desperate in needing to be proven right. When all the known leakers have said otherwise.

5. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I don't know the handle. Saw article online and the content was of note.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    At least check them out first or its just he said she said. I will wait for something credible. Like BespinBulletin.

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, BIC is an alt-right scumbag publication run by alt-right scumbags. The YouTube channel they're citing is run by the same. Pasha, the "Hollywood producer" who appeared on the channel as an "insider source" hasn't produced anything in four years, and there's nothing notable in his resume that would lead me to believe he has even a single considerable inside connection, let alone multiple as he has so claimed.

The last time he claimed to have inside knowledge of Star Wars, he claimed he had a friend who "knew George Lucas personally" who told him that Lucas secretly hated The Last Jedi. A totally different friend who "is very close with Jon Favreau" said that Favreau only chose to get involved with Star Wars after he saw and hated The Last Jedi... which doesn't track since Favreau pitched The Mandalorian before TLJ came out.

Frankly, if he had this many friends who were super close buddies with major Hollywood talent, you'd imagine Pasha would leverage those connections for better work, instead of just picking up Hollywod tittle-tattle for reputable sources like Bounding Into Comics and We Got This Covered, or better yet, appearing on Doomcock's channel. Because we all know how reliable and unbiased that guy is.

When even Fred is telling you to check your sources before posting, you know you gotta check those sources.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Fixed.
    I wasn't going to say it, but I was thinking it. :)

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I see you both enjoy ripping, me lol. Fair i deserve it.:p

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This is why you're a quality dude, Fred.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    That means so mutch coming from you, thanks.:D

DaddlerTheDalek, EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Why not having some time travel in SW?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  13. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Not sure what you mean here. What aspect of the lore was contradicted by Abrams?

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    You either see it or you don't. And once you see it, go to the ST thread to complain about it.

Siphonophore and Riv_Shiel like this.
  16. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  17. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Probably the next dyad after Kylo and Rey. Someone on Reddit said a few days ago that Lindelof’s pitch was “Your Name meets Star Wars.”

I recall the TRoS marketing being all about the yin/yang thing between Kylo and Rey. Could see them trying to repeat that with this.

Another possibility is that the new man and woman are both future incarnations of the chosen one who can somehow communicate via the force.

18. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    It's a lot like a schooner.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sounds like we might get a romance on force users, maybe a new dyad in the force. Take on the no attachment rule. Trasing the return of Rey Skywalker at the end.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Damn… Looks like some fans still want to see Twilight on a SW movie. There is talk of a SW movie having both a male and a female lead and suddenly all is a romance, a Force bond and whatelse.

This crap of the Force dyad was already done in the last set of movies. Not brillantly, I should say.

Has anyone considered the possibility of the male lead being the father of the female lead and both discovering at the same time they are Force sensitive? Or both leads being siblings?

21. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    Fortunately, like him or not, Lindelof has never written anything remotely like Twilight:).

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Whats a Twilight, never heard of it, lol. And star wars romance with force users would be unique. Romance is part of the star wars dna. And we got force senstives siblings with the OT.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    rocknroll41 likes this.
  23. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    It is not that unique in the High Republic and this is my main criticism towards that project (which I otherwise like very much. Some of the HR authors, especially Daniel Jose Older, write Jedi as very "romantic", which, I believe, goes again the the established idea of the Jedi as a monastic order with rules based not on fanaticism but on practical necessity. I sometime think that DJO is on a quest to liberate the Jedi from the chains of their oppressive religion:).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    And what they do in books and comics should be done in Tv shows and movies. Like witches and other force cults.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I just want all the Abrams Land filmmakers to go away and leave Star Wars alone.