main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. JediRae25

JediRae25 Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2023
    Hi there, Apologies if this has been asked/discussed before. I'm a relatively new Star Wars fan but I just finished reading a Star Wars novel which mentioned Sith's yellow eyes a few times. I googled why their eyes were sometimes yellow and I found a few answers (along the lines of eyes being windows to the soul and a Sith's soul is corrupted by the Dark side) but I wondered if there was a canon reason why their eyes are yellow?

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    From what I know it's basically that. The dark side corrupts, even physically. ( I mean, look at Sidious) Vut then you have exceptions like Dooku or Reva so it's kinda inconsistent.

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008

“Will I eventually be physically transformed?”
    "Into some aged, pale-skinned, raspy-voiced, yellow-eyed monster, you mean. Such as the one you see before you. Surely you are acquainted with the lore: King Ommin of Onderon, Darths Sion and Nihilus. But whether it will happen to you, I can't say. Know this, though, Sidious, that the power of the dark side does not debilitate the practitioner so much as it debilitates those who lack it. The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would ever wish to be cured of."

- Darth Plagueis, answering his apprentice’s question about dark side corruption

This quote is from Rebels IIRC, I had saved it in my notes:

Many darksiders experienced a change in the pigmentation of their eyes, as their normal eye color would transform into luminous, sulfuric yellow, a blood red or dark orange, usually with fiery red rims around the irises. Further transformations could also occur and turn the white of the eyes black or reddish in color, as well as the skin around the eyes. The most severe transformations would cause the darksider to appear to be aging rapidly, as the skin would lose pigmentation, becoming pale and mottled while veins became increasingly visible and hair would lose color. At some point, the user's voice could also be altered, becoming a few pitches lower and raspier.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Life creates the Force, and makes it grow."

Strictly my opinion here, darksiders use the Force against life, turning it against its own source, and the Force must react against such perversion by taking life from darksiders. This effect manifests in a dying body that can only be kept going by more dark power. It's a self-destructive cycle, like a starving snake trying to survive by eating its own tail.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Excessive use of the dark powers do take a toll, it’s like addiction.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I took it that it actually damaged the eyes, as well, all that power!

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  7. noiamyourFADAH

noiamyourFADAH Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 30, 2023
    This might've been asked numerous times but is Snoke, Mace Windu?

8. Stormtrooper53

Stormtrooper53 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2023
    Hey, folks.

I'm looking for a resource if it exists at all. I'm working on a custom car livery for Gran Turismo 7, and I need to find the photos of Obi-Wan and Qui Gonn featured on the hood of the car in this listing (the best picture is Image 42.) I'm guessing that these pictures came from reference or publicity stills. I've spent a couple of days using Google Image search and although I've found a few that are *close,* I can't find these specific photos. Where should I go to ask for help finding these photos or is there a good place to go to look for Star Wars costume reference and publicity photos? Thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/vehicle/CHI/2028/photos

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If your question is costume-related, we have a Costuming and Props board under Fan Activities and Celebration. Folks there would probably be your best bet..

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    No, Snoke was an artificial genetic construct, but no Mace material was used in his creation.

Dandelo likes this.
  11. noiamyourFADAH

noiamyourFADAH Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 30, 2023
    then since snoke was kylos master, how did he know mace's special move?

12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    which was what?

13. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Shelf of Shame Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    Flying out of a window at 100 MPH (161 KM/H) ...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  14. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Hello to anyone reading this Long time reader but first time poster.

This might sound a dumb question but if I want to ask a question about a Old EU/Legend character’s age, where would be a good place to post? Or do I need to start a new thread?

I just wanted to be clear on the rules and not be accused of ‘peeing in the pool’ so to speak!

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Our EU Community forum is probably the best place. If there's already a thread on the character you can use it.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    We appreciate that but we use a lot of chlorine around here so you dont have to worry too much about that. :p

17. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    I understand there will be a livestream of the Star Wars Celebration event next month. Does any know what site that will be on and if you need to register in advance to watch it?

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  19. DarthStarkiller144

DarthStarkiller144 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2023
    I'm working on a Star Wars prequel rewrite. Where should I post it so it would get comments?

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  21. Jedi_fred_2023

Jedi_fred_2023 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2023
    Sinre Edit: Spamming the forums with research requests and unverified links is a no-no.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2023
  22. YaBoySheev

YaBoySheev Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2023
    Hello from Coruscant! I'm new to this forum, and would like to know if anyone knows about a star wars desktop. Like some sort of computer system that looks like it's from the deathstar or something.

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello, welcome to the community. I have never seen a computer designed to look like one inside the Death Star, but you might ask on the Collectors board.

Also, I recommend you visit and say hello over in Welcome New Users.

24. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Not a PC, but there was a version of the Atari 2600 called the "Darth Vader" version. :p

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I loved Atari consoles! This one was really pricey when they released it.

Huttese 101 likes this.