main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.08 - Truth and Consequences - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 7, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 15, 2023.
  1. 10

51.7%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

23.3%
  4. 7

5.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.08!!
    Truth and Consequences

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Truth? What is truth?" -Pontius Pilate

Fin McCool and TadoFett like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It took him 7 episodes but holy crud Wilco walked all the way back to Coruscant to get revenge!

4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    And he did it all by being simply too angry to die.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Oh? Two episodes? mid season finale or something?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  6. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Very interesting title.

A Crosshair episode??? Crosshair coming across TBB - or Rampart imparting a truth and Crosshair subsequently lining him up in the crosshairs?

A "Cid turning TBB in" episode? Needs the money and has to live with the consequence of burning friendships?

The title sounds less like a "latest mission" episode and more like one that begins to build a narrative towards the finale.

Might actually be a really good episode.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    He did fall to his death so its plusible

TadoFett likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's the finale until the show returns from break... in one whole week.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Wondering if we see Mount Tantiss.

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I doubt we will, but I’d like to be proven wrong.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we will start see the big picture now. Maybe they want to keep Mount Tantiss as big secret.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When we finally reach Mount Tantiss, Wilco will be there ready to finalize his revenge plan.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I was rather thinking Howzer, the hot clone.

14. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think you mean “Wiilco”.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    But what about Billy Bragg?

SyndicThrass and TadoFett like this.
  16. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Well, CF99 really outdid themselves in blowing a mission this time. The Senate gets his way again and now, the squad has been reduced one member. Can't complain about lack of narrative progression this week.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well that ended in a epic goodbye and speech. This was such good episode, Rex and Chuchi working together meeting the Bad Batch. Introducing Omega to the life of a senator and see the senate chambers. Talking about clones. I like that Omega looks like junior senator. Bail and Chuchi with Omega. Seeing the Kaminoan senator, Halle Burtoni again and see Omega interact with her. Bad Batch mission was fun, it all fails and Rampart is arrested and Emperor Palpatine gets his new military. Like Rebels with Sabine we get Echo goodbye with rest of Bad Batch.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    cwustudent and TadoFett like this.
  18. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    That was a great performance by Ian McDiarmid.
    lol @ Echo bailing out
    they did not bother to do anything with him for 1.5 seasons and now they just write him out [face_laugh]
    guess that seals the deal - he bites the dust in the finale

cwustudent and TadoFett like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Echo's departure will convince rest of Bad Batch to join Rex soon.

20. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Well, nice to see Palpatine once again outmaneuvering his opponents in the political field.

Rampart is most likely dead, but there is small chance of him staying alive (like in Lama Su's case, ironic).

21. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Absolute brilliance Brad Rau. Why can't you be producing episodes like this every week?

This episode had it all and then some!! Brilliant narrative progression - not only for TBB itself in this season, but also in the overall storyline and narrative with the transition from Clones to Stormtroopers.

Brilliant cameos that worked really well with the narrative. Rex trying to get Clones to defect and Palpatine imposing another order that cannot be questioned that sealed the fate of the Clones and replaced them with Stormtroopers. Both worked really well with the narrative, as well as Bail Organa's involvement. This will definitely put him on Palpatine's radar. And then there was Mas - who just played his role, but I enjoyed the cameo.

There was brilliant characterisation with Echo and finally another example of a character growing from what they experience and it setting them on a chosen path. I have felt this building now over a number of episodes with Echo ( with what is happening to the other Clones) and the catalyst of this week's episode sees him break away from the squad and pursue an individual path that is meaningful to him. Genuine character growth that is individual and not just playing his part in the team.

Combine all of this with Coruscant (lower levels), brilliant visuals and great action and it's a chef's kiss from me Brad.

Brilliant stuff and this episode stands equal favourite with episode 2.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    These last three episodes feel like we are going somewhere again finally. I LOVE everything in this episode and it built well on last episode's foundation. That was a brilliant twist with Palpatine swinging it exactly as he wanted. And the poetic irony of it looking like clones who sealed their own fate by taking Rampart down as well when he was arrested.

Clearly, the clone rebellion is incoming or at least the clones starting / joining the growing rebellion.

Echo also clearly believe Omega is force sensitive and I feel like this episode basically confirms she will be and likely that will bring Gungi back into it.

23. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    What a great episode, TBB appears on this very well, and the finale, very sad, the next half of season promise...

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Two great episodes. A lot introduce and some parts seem to be rapping up. I don’t think it will be the last we see of Rampart. I have a feeling some clones are very loyal to him. In fact I have a wild theory. The clone rebellion will be led by Rampart with his brainwashed clones

25. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Rampart is going to become the anti-hero of the show isn't he?