main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You're not caught up? Stop playing Hogwarts for 50-odd mins and then come back here.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Im caught up, just didnt relize it change the ANH scene.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, before this two parter their talk of avoiding the Senate's attention was vague but here we see that,
    without the Emperor's intervention, the bill would have likely been defeated in light of Rampart's ordering the destruction of Kamino.
    So I think it does change the later scene in interesting ways. Also highlights why there was such extensive secrecy around the Death Star's construction.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's fairly consistent with ANH, R1, and Andor imo -- people tend to underestimate what the Senate could do because it doesn't actually do anything.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Which is why this stood out, it's the first time that it would have been a threat

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Imperial Senate: is the Empire.... bad?
    Palpatine: no no, it's just one bad apple nothing to see here!"

I wonder how many times that same thing played out.

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Minor point, but I am kind of surprised they had new designs for Chuchi's guards rather than reusing the clone wars Pantoran guard model, particularly since they did update that model and use it last season I believe. Still, glad they did, I really like the new designs.

Also thinking about Rampart and Clone X - as the databank calls the assassin - I wonder what happened with the surviving member of elite squad after Kamino. Just get filtered into the TK troopers, or is she involved in Rampart's black ops dealings?

Oh cool. Nice to finally have names for a lot of this stuff, and pretty pretty concept art.*

I have to admit, part of me was hoping that the aggrocrab world was Scarif, mostly because said crabs would go well with the Blixus which is from Scarif. Still, love the shout out that the planet's name was in the end.

Speaking of worlds whose names are shout outs, apparently the riot racing planet was originally part of the Boba Fett arc of the unfinished Clone Wars stories - I was under the impression that whole arc took place on Tatooine. Makes me really curious what happened in that storyline.
    (Also, man they are using a lot of assets from the unfinished clone wars arcs - I mean, waste not want not and all that, but really makes me wonder what might be coming up - those Sith shrine guardian creatures? Vong? The return of D-Squad?)
    (Though speaking of wasting I am surprised how often things get a unique model and then only make a single, brief appearance. Like the Rhokai gang fighters, or the wookiee gunship in Rebels. On that note, wonder if they could ruse rebel models in Bad Batch like they use TCW ones, after modifing them for the art style of course)

* On that note, did they ever put out episode guides for Tales of the Jedi?

9. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Aggrocrabs. Did they really just call their aggressive crabs "aggrocrabs?"

They had to have known that I love this short of thing.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IMO probably the best episode of the series so far.
    So are they going to create a new villian to replace Rampart or maybe elevate someone else (Crosshair? Tarkin?) to be the chief antagonist?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Firstly these episodes were good, really good. Great action, great characters (acting stand out) and senate.

They need to cancel the Bad Batch and replace it with a new show called "The Dark Times" and just do anthology about all different people dealing with the rise of the Empire.

The Bad Batch are still the weakest part of their own show (Omega aside).

Was funny to see Rampat get taken down. I wonder if he is gone, it is an anti-climax, but maybe that was the point.

Was great to see Palpatine play the senate and the heroes "Even when we win we still lose", was great. Should have gotten it earlier but better late than never.

And now the story is very open as to where it goes next. Exciting.

Golbolco likes this.
  12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Don't write Rampart off just yet. He knows too much to be just discarded by the Empire. If he is not dead, he is still game. just out of the public eye. This means he can concentrate full time on Mount Tantiss now!!! He just better not show his face in public anymore, unless he got some facial surgery.

Speaking of Mount Tantiss... when do we see it again finally? I want to see its Forceuser guardian... or when/How a clone of Jorus aka Joruus defeated him and took his place imho.

I have a feeling that in general...
    ...this show will continue to sideline clones now that the recruitment and Stormtrooper Program kicks off in full
    ...but in order to not have clones go rogue, the Empire will round them up to work them to death or kill them (like in the Andor floating prisons?)
    ...Clone retirement is a lie but one they have to give to few clones to keep the facade up publically
    ...a mass breakout may save many clones, enough for a clone uprising "2nd Clone War" style with the Empire declaring them having gone mad and Pellaeon fighting them as in his memory
    ...Ramparts public shaming will have effects on Crosshair and his position. Not only is he a clone to be mustered out to retirement, he also was a personal agent for Rampart more so than any official military member. So will he fall with him, or be kept and used elsewhere now?
    ...we might not hear from Rampart for a while before he reemerges as "I was always still around behind the scenes" type of villain, with whoever was his proxy till then not being the bigger evil people expect like Rebels did with Tarkin, Vader and Thrawn usually season per season.

Mount Tantiss in Legends was one mountain... in Bad Batch we saw at least two similiar altered peaks with a ring of hangars, so it could be a mountain range entire even, or a large section of the planet's crust being hollow and used by the Empire. Are they building a new type of Belsavis Vaults like those from TOR MMO?

13. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Just wondering why Palps didn't use introducing the new senate pods seen in Andor as a symbol for a new beginning after the duel with Yoda, but chose to keep the old ones around for some time, as seen in the new Bad Batch episodes.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The episode guide says they're a halfway design between their look in TCW and their look in Andor. So it was a gradual change.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    As I said elsewhere, that was a great episode arc. Great mix of tension, action, intrigue. Really reminds me of that aspect I loved about the prequels and TCW. It was great to see Palpatine in his prime again, knowing he still has so many plots within plots, that he isn't just resting while at the top. I wonder if Lucas talked to Filoni when writing this arc.

I think Rampart will definitely turn up somewhere else, or begin having doubts, and definitely this will all have an effect on Crosshair too, to hear the Emperor say that clones who just follow orders are the problem.

I wonder if this assassin is a result of that Kaminoan who went to Mount Tantiss?

I also worry for Chuchi now, since we haven't seen her yet in Andor/OT-era stuff. And of course we know how we find Rex in the Rebels show.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  16. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Really wonder now about an in-universe explanation for why these changes happened and how they did come to pass

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Rampart:

"Kino Loy, welcome to work squad S12367, I'm your unit leader. There is no way out."

Nom von Anor, AusStig, Ghost and 6 others like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I like to think Ryio Chuchi was in the background in the Rebellion era and we not focused on her before now. Hope she and Ahsoka meet up again.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    ColeFardreamer and Darth Caliban like this.
  19. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Hope she appears in Andor Season 2 too.

Sarge and ColeFardreamer like this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ahsoka tv show might sound more likley.

21. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Not sure. She could be one of the contacts, Luthen introduces Cassian to, after joining his network.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Depends if Tony wants use an animated character.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    She's the one voiced by George Lucas's daughter, right?

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    No, you thinking of the two other sisters characters that Chuchi and Ahsoka must rescue.

Ghost likes this.
  25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

I sort of think Moff Gideon is being set up as Palpatine’s shadow operative manipulating everyone into doing horrible things to bypass the Senate.

AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.