main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Left hand horizontal row for me, please/

2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    That’s totally fine! There aren’t really any sign-ups for this one; anyone can take any row/column/diagonal, and more than one person may take the same one. Just when you post your story, remind us which one you’re using. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2023
  3. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, such an awesome idea! There have been a few bingo challenges around the internet that I've wanted to write for and it hasn't worked out so I'm hoping the muse cooperates for this one. :p Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! :)

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Help! My muse wants to write for every row, and that's simply not feasible. [face_hypnotized] 8-} (Or is it? [face_thinking] [face_batting])

I cannot wait to read the responses for this challenge in particular, too. Something tells me they're going to be fabulous. Happy writing, all! [face_love] [:D]

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    This response was even more predictable than Vi and Elli's tendency to turn any prompt angsty :p

Lots of potential with this challenge, I like it :D

6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hello everyone! A question for the sock or anyone who might know: is it OK to combine responses to this thread's challenges with responses to other challenges? I looked at the opening posts and skimmed the past several pages but didn't see anything. Thanks!

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, by all means! Combining challenges is always okay in any of the threads I run, if it’s okay for the challenge you’re combining with. If that makes sense! :D

8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
  9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    My entry for the Bingo Challenge is posted: She, featuring my OC Matthias Ruud and a bunch of other people. This is more of a character study than a proper OTP story, but for the purpose of this challenge the pairing is Matthias Ruud/Valeria Dalissis.

I used the second row of prompts (unnecessary, I know, push/pull, love is patient, vow) and combined this challenge with last year's Kessel Run long vignette, because you know, better late than never :)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My entry for the Bingo challenge is here Lunch with Tahl? featuring the pairing Qui-Gon Jinn and Tahl. Words used are
    “Please”, Vow, Interruption, Weather the storm, Morning/noon/night

11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great, two entries already! :D @Chyntuck and @earlybird-obi-wan , I've updated the index with your contributions. Thank you both so much! :)

12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again, just letting you know we’re now at the one-month mark! Stories for this challenge come due on March 12. :)

13. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Throwing my hat in the ring with "Allies". I hope you guys like angst. :p

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  14. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    My entry: The Song of Experience. (Which, in full disclosure, is doing double-duty here and for Week Six of the Kessel Run.)

I used the diagonal row with the following prompts: epiphany, "I know," heart, confession, and morning/noon/night.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    @UltramassiveUbersue and @Pandora , I've got both of your entries in; thanks so much! We're up to four now, which I think is mighty respectable given that the Kessel Run is going on concurrently! :D

Pandora, may I please ask for the names of the characters who are the main pairing in your story, so I can add them to the list like usual? (From a brief glance, I'm guessing they're OCs?)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2023
  16. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Ask (though I should have just included this up front to begin with) and I shall provide.

The main pairing is Amilia and Florian, and they are indeed OCs.

(I have to admit to some embarrassment that I'm presenting them here without their surnames. Which they obviously have, but--as they know each other well enough not to use them, which means I have yet to figure out what they are--they never appear in the actual story.)

17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey everyone! We’re now at the one-week mark for our OTP Bingo Challenge: stories are due a week from today, on March 12. We’ve got four in so far—a mighty respectable crop! Let’s see if we can keep the momentum going! :D

18. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] [:D] At the risk of being entirely predictable, it's my pleasure to share The Captain and the Commodore, which is set in the Sense & Sensibility fandom, featuring Margaret Dashwood and my OC, Arthur Jennings. Though only Part I is up now, I intend to use the entire bingo board throughout the course of this story . . . yep, the entire board. 8-} [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

Real footage of Mira wrangling her plot bunnies, or her plot bunnies wrangling Mira, from a certain point of view:

[​IMG]

:p

19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great, thanks, @Mira_Jade! Always delighted to see another entry, and I’ve got it in the index now. :cool:

And now to let you know that we are at the three-day mark in our OTP Bingo challenge! Stories are due in three days, on March 12. :)

20. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    I did it! I wrote something for this! :D

The Moonlight Motel is also my Week 3 response for the Kessel Run. I used the diagonal with prompts Eternity, Imbroglio, Heart, Love is patient, "Please." Fandom is Stranger Things (of course :p) and the pairing is Steve Harrington/Billy Hargrove.

Thanks so much for this awesome challenge! :)

Kahara, Mira_Jade , Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! So glad you were able to come up with something for the challenge. I’ve got it in the index now, and it looks like we’re up to six entries! Nice! :D

Also, just a reminder to everyone that 11:59 pm (23:59) PST today is the last day to get stories in for this challenge, and that voting will begin tomorrow! :)

22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And it’s me again, announcing that our OTP Bingo challenge has now officially wrapped, and its voting time! Six (6) amazing stories to choose from, good people:
    • She by Chyntuck (OCs Matthias Ruud and Valeria Dalissis)—unnecessary, “I know,” push/pull, love is patient, vow
    • Lunch with Tahl? by earlybird-obi-wan (Qui-Gon Jinn and Tahl)—“Please,” Vow, Interruption, Weather the storm, Morning/noon/night
    • Allies by UltramassiveUbersue (Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker and unnamed OC)—Epiphany, Dusk/dawn, Denial, Diaphanous, “Please”
    • The Song of Experience by Pandora (OCs Amilia and Florian)—epiphany, "I know," heart, confession, and morning/noon/night
    • The Captain and the Commodore by Mira _Jade (NSW: Sense & Sensibility; Margaret Dashwood and OC Arthur Jennings)—whole board
    • The Moonlight Motel by amidalachick (NSW: Stranger Things; Steve Harrington and Billy Hargrove)—Eternity, Imbroglio, Heart, Love is patient, “Please”

(And, once again, please let me know if I’ve inadvertently missed anything!)

Once again, you have two (2) weeks to vote by sending your choice to this very sock. Votes are due in by March 27, 11:59pm (23:59) PST. And by now you all know the rules for honest voting! ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again! :D Just letting you know that today and tomorrow are your last two days to vote in the OTP Bingo Challenge! See the post directly above for details. :)

24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And me yet again! Now that the votes are all in and counted, it is my happy duty to announce the winner of our OTP Bingo Challenge:

Congratulations on your win, Pandora! [face_party] And much gratitude to all who participated and made this a wonderful challenge—what a superb crop of stories we had! =D=

Thank you all, and watch this space for our next challenge, to come soon and very soon! :cool:

Kahara, Pandora, Mira_Jade and 7 others like this.
  25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Yay! Congratulations @Pandora! =D=

And a big round of applause to all of the participants. Voting for these challenges is always so difficult because you're all amazing! =D=:)

Kahara, Pandora, Mira_Jade and 5 others like this.