main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. kingrex0830

kingrex0830 Jedi Padawan

Jan 22, 2023
    Dave Filoni's Clone Wars did absolutely nothing to help the prequel trilogy and even hindered it in some places

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

2. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I never quite thought of the AotC romance this way. I always thought there was a tonal mismatch between the toxic relationship it is and the star-crossed lovers thing, but this makes me want to re-watch AotC.

clone commander bossk and Samnz like this.
  3. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Not only did the Clone Wars series not help the PT movies, that show is largely bad filler that is very hard to watch as an adult. Even the "good arcs" are at best "a pretty good kids show".

The 2003 series fits so much better with the films and actually adds some nice context here and there.

4. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Star Wars has lost it's soul.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Or just some out grew Star Wars.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Eh, there is plenty of good new Star Wars material. And I’m an “alive during the original trilogy” fan.

7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I would rather have Vader’s voice be recast if James Earl Jones doesn’t want to do any more than have him talk through Respeech.- Matt Sloan does a good job.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  8. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I think this is one of those instances where you are both correct.
    I'd say that personally SW has lost it's 'Identity' as in its afraid of "letting go" as Kylo Ren put it.
    They are afraid of exploring new era's either hundreds or thousands of years in either the past or future. Because of the "brand".
    As such we are stuck flogging a dead horse watching shows after shows set in a 20 year period. Such condensed storytelling is bound to hurt established stories.
    I suspect the higher-up would rather have twenty series of The Mando/Boba Fett than risk a series without death stars, Skywalker references or order 66.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hopefully The Acolyte will change things up being 100 years before the Skywalker saga.

Dandelo likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Thrawn was better as an outright villain in the Thrawn trilogy than his character being whitewashed later on.

11. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    It is OK for a Jedi to seek revenge.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Why? Revenge is tied to anger and hate. It is an aggressive action. Which is not the Jedi way.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its why sith exist and dark force users.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    It is time for the Jedi to end.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Rebirth of the Jedi order.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If the Jedi end, who will be able to stand up to the Sith?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  17. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    blaster power/military etc ;)

Force Users aren't exactly DC characters when it comes to 'power level' stuff. Sure they can make things float, and jump really high, and can generate enough electricity from their fingertips to power a pen torch, but they are hardly invincible :p

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Dont know Darth Vader seems pretty mutch invincible if you read the comics and books.

19. Tia

Tia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2022
    then gets pelted and defeated by styrofoam rocks :p

20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Well...
    [​IMG]

[face_whistling]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Vader's been pulled apart and left for dead in his current comic series. Admittedly, that was years ago and the more recent "handmaiden arcs" have brought what was an all right series downhill, hard. But yeah, Vader gets hurt.

Which leads into what may be an unpopular opinion: All of Anakin/Vader's female sidekicks suck. Ahsoka, Aphra, Sabé, they're all Mary Sue/ Writer Darlings with too much plot armor, who overstay their welcome, make Vader look out-of-character or weak, and NONE of the writers/ creators EVER have the guts to let Vader kill them off. I really hate this trend.

edit: Didn't see the Ahsoka post above. Not sure if that's good or bad timing on my part...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Sarge likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    R1 showed us how well blasters and soldiers do against Sith. Sure, you can overwhelm one eventually, but at the cost of how many mundanes? Only a Jedi can stand against Sith one-on-one. Life creates the Force, and makes it grow; the Jedi shouldn't sit back and watch people die when they can do something to save life. That's their duty.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  23. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    yeah but we are talking a very small group of soldiers in a hallway, (that had the unfortunate disadvantage from coming at him from one direction....the front which is where his offence and defence is strongest)

my overall point was a whole army battalion against one or two sith, the Sith would be toast.

Unless of course the Sith decide that only having two at a time is illogical as it is stupid and decide they need a number as big as the Jedi then, yeah point taken.

Darth__Lobot and Sarge like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The sith could activate all grenades and explosive around them.

25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    It'd be an interesting scenario, but the Sith have waaaaaay more advantages than normal soldiers do. Even if vastly outnumbered, they could win, or at least survive.

TCF-1138 and Sarge like this.