main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Star Wars Clue Resource & OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Mitth_Fisto, Feb 3, 2023.

?

How to continue or end?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2024.
  1. Opt ONE

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Opt TWO

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Opt THREE

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Unplanned choice/recommendation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Greetings and Salutations!

We are terribly sorry that the Cloud Baron is unable to tend to his guests at this time. The droid staff shall attend to all guests needs, please come and relax until the authorities arrive.

This is an OOC and Resouce thread for the game Death in the Clouds! A Star Wars Clue Spinoff...

More to come soon...

Locations:
    1. Lounge
    2. Dining Room
    3. Kitchen
    4. Ballroom
    5. Conservatory
    6. Billiard Room
    7. Library
    8. Study
    9. Hall

List of Suspects:

1. The Master of Masters
    2. Doctor Bellorum
    3. Rash, Abner Wadsworth
    4. Medb Ra-oon
    5. Odosius Zaal
    6. Praxon
    7. Professor Rugel Juhn

List of possible weapons:

1. Blaster
    2. Vibrodagger
    3. Candlestick
    4. Dataspike
    5. Cable
    6. Hydrospanner
    7. Pipe
    8. Bust

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2023
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Rules of the Game and Questions answered!

1. Heading to the Pods!?!
    - AKA player leaving the game or locking in their final guess to win the challenge.

2. Do we have to combo with the droids? No. That is a choice if you want to, but they are ASP droids. So they have very limited vocabulators and can only give YES or NO answers. So if you do want to combo, these instance should be fun. :D

3. Can we move freely? Yes, feel to move from the Main Hallway to any room, and if next post you want to move to another room look at the map at the First post to choose what is next to it, or to just go back in the Main Hallway (Wait for an update or others to post first before moving to a room further away.

4. Can my ship be in the hanger so it's here? Yes, your ship can be here, if it is a starfighter or smaller class of ship. Anything larger and then it would of been parked at Cloud City and you would of taken a sky taxi or limo over to the mansion.

5. Are the droids able to be attacked? Defeated?
    Yes. Do with this knowledge what you will.

6. Are we able to play on other levels? Such as go to our rooms? The Hanger level? Yes. These rooms are largely under lockdown, but you can go there and if you want you can try to gain access. And there are already ways you possibly can gain access to these or other areas that are not explicitly labeled.

7. Hasn't been asked yet! Mwuhahaha!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  4. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Finally got the sheet done and approved. So, looks like some fun afoot.

adaml83 and darthhelinith like this.
  5. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    It's not my feet, I just washed mine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

darthbernael and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    @Sinrebirth , @Lady_Belligerent , @darthhelinith , @adaml83 , @ConservativeJedi321 , @HanSolo29 , @darthbernael , @greyjedi125 , @T4M1-7 , @Master Vo

All of you have now received your cards! These are the things you, for whatever reason, know are things not involved in the murder! The murderer, weapon, and location have been locked in!

Feel free to do your introduction posts if you want and we are rapidly approaching the launch date, softly we are looking at either this Sun or if anyone needs more time we can postpone to the following week.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  9. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    @Lady_Belligerent As much as I love the post, it's a little more complicated than that. The first impression was a combination of this video:

And thought that, if the Master of Masters had a voice for every character that @Sinrebirth has ever played on JCF just how many voices would there be?

The Facebook post did add something to it, along with another thought and that he does sometimes run some games kind of like Hamilton's George III...I'd hate to see who becomes John Adams in those games. :p

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Alright, looks like we are on schedule to do the opening within the next 24 hours! We are nearly there.[face_alien]

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    The opening post has been posted! The game is afoot Ladies and Gents! Time to see who wins the golden ticket out of this hot water.

darthbernael likes this.
  12. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    So, in the original game, a player with any cards are mentioned, the accusation would reveal one of those cards in secret to that player.
    So do we PM that player, or are the cards revealed through an in-game post?

darthbernael likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Good question. Two Answers for the price of one! And as that technically is two questions. . .four answers! Kiwahhhh!

I leave it up to the players to decide, you can either do a little combo post where you give the information in confidence to that person or do an aside post in game with your own self made up reason for why you know what you know. i.e. it couldn't possibly have been in that room! I left my Lola droid in there last night and she saw nothing! My room is right above that one! I would of heard something like that and I would of done something for the noise at least and I found no evidence of that when I woke up! etc.

What if you really don't want to deal with that make believe hassle and just can't think of a reason for what your character knows? Yeah, private PM them showing the card.

For your bonus answer, if you want the PM message route you can also include me where I can add 'flavor' with the ASP droids to possibly provide a reason why it would be privately revealed to you two about that.. ;)

Also for the present situation I would say this is a direct confidence grab between The Master and Praxton, any challenge has to be done in the room in question. Why? Uh. . .to trigger you foggy memory! Yeah! That's why! :D

adaml83 and darthbernael like this.
  14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  15. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Hope it was okay to quickly sneak in a second post, as I hadn't made an accusation?

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Question: In the normal game you get clues just by entering the rooms. Is there any such mechanism here? Or do we just make up the plot as we go along?
    Just trying not to step on any toes.

17. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    I get the feeling that this is sort of a combination of Clue the Movie, and yes I got a mental image of the Master doing the Flames, flames on the side of my face speech, along with the Dead Parrot sketch.

At least I am.

darthbernael and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Second post is fine. . .moving two rooms over in it is not. We'll let it slide this time as a learning curve, but one the rules was move was free for one room over otherwise you can post a second time but end it in the hall headed to the next destination. Most of us are not olympic sprinters (or posters) so we need to keep people moving at the same pace room wise ;)

Yes.

:p

In my updates if you want to go to a room and nobody follows I will use GM discretion of whether or not the ASP droid observers aid you all. But they will have limited responses and ways to do so. Thus better to involve your fellow players. Right? And yes, you lot drive the plot! I drive the narrative and learn how to herd cats, and so hopefully we all have fun! Although like in the board game the secret cards have already been drawn for murderer and weapon, so the true end is decided. How we get there, if we get there - is up to you all ;)

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    As only half have so far posted, I will hold off for now on the update for a couple days to give everyone time.

adaml83 and darthhelinith like this.
  20. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    If anyone needs material, there are a couple of guesses waiting to be disproved.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry about the delay. I will be updating tonight! Thank you all for your patience.

darthbernael likes this.
  22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    For the record, if there was any confusion, it was my intention that Odosious had begun to move into the library which is next to the study.
    The Butler being there already, is why I tagged @darthhelinith.

23. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    It's nice to be distressing a droid.

[​IMG]

24. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Sorry for the wait, I've been unwell.
    Should be a post tonight from me.

25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I can't help but be amused by the fact LadyB is basically accusing herself.
    That's Clue Logic for you. [face_laugh]