main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah he is a cool gigoran dude, but I like this idea of two aliens working in tandem too. Or better yet, bring Paaerduags back in canon! Two persons in one body, weird and cool at the same time. I really hope we would also see Moroff in action, we don't see him much, he is there with his rotary cannon on Jedha when they loot kyber crystals and patrols ground on Segra Milo in Andor. Another rebel we could see more is Bistan, monkeydude and U-wing gunner.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Moroff is going to feature prominently in whatever Saw Gerrera stuff we see in S2. Likely the thing that creates his reputation in RO, and his total split from the Alliance.

4. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    For full context, my comment was in regards to whether we need to see how he got his injuries. That could be in this show, but it certainly doesn't need to be. Depending how the "building the Rebellion" plotline plays out, it might be necessary to show how he breaks from Mothma and co. I know I want that to be part of the show. That said, if we never got any Saw in season 2, I don't think it would feel like a dropped plotline in the context of the show. We would just learn about their split in RO the same way Jyn does.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I myself would love more Saw. Now if we don't get it, then maybe have some conversations about his Partison group. But having Luthen and Andor meeting him won't happen since Andor hasn't met Saw by RO. I would like to see Saw's crew in S2.
    I think Mon will turn to Saw for help at some point until she learns of other cells that are more her style.
    As for other Rebels, an intro to Pao, K2 and Bistan would be fantastic!

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I gave Andor a 9.999 out of 10.

It lost 0.001 points because Jimmy Smits wasn’t in it.

8. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Congratulations Diego Luna for the Best Actor nomination, and congratulations the entire crew for the Best Drama series nomination. =D==D=[face_dancing]

Best of luck on the night. :)

9. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    9.998, no Bor Gullet.

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  11. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Hopefully the start of a slate of recognition and awards for this show. Andor thoroughly deserves it.

And it would be yet another reason for people to say it feels like Star Wars but it's not Star Wars - if Andor starts receiving best actor /actress, supporting actor /actress awards.

That for me would be ironically amusing because it would show everyone how good Star Wars can actually be; if quality and care is put into the entire narrative and characterisation, instead of the focus on a singular superhero and supervillain.

I want my whiz bangs and mystical elements and lightsabers and all of the other good stuff too. But not at the expense of quality overall narrative and characterisation.

Andor has now set the template for what should be the "bare minimum" for any future Star Wars production.

12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I've just finished watching the show: settings, story, acting all !11!!!! Cannot wait for the next part. I once said, "If there's not Jedi/lightsabers/theForce, I'm just not interested" and I now eat my words. With glockaw sauce.[face_clown]

13. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Did it need it? No.

But here's the question...and there's no way around it - Would the show (8.5 - 9/10 imo) have been EVEN better with a Jedi vs Sith component? [face_thinking] Hmmm

I often think Rogue One is the best SW (to me anyway) since the OT. The character of Chirrut was awesome. He was so close to being a Jedi they may as well have just made him one. Now picture his stick fighting with a lightsaber (staff?) instead! :bluesaber: Goes up a notch for me [face_dancing]

Darth__Lobot and pronker like this.
  14. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Awesome image you've pictured here with Chirrut - I like to compartmentalize, though, and non-Jedi/Sith interaction fulfills my action craving okay - in fact, I'm trying to recall one ep showing what resembled an Executor-class ship with Vader possibly aboard *even the music sounded nearly like the March for a few bars!* fueled speculation that Force-users were about to enter the story. I might've been wrong about the ship class, though, but dang, that music ... [face_cowboy] It's gonna bug me until I recall the ep ...[face_idea]

15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Nah, it wouldn't have been a good fit. The Rebels eventually turn to Kenobi, there is no need for a Jedi prior to that. Even more so since this show is supposed to be about how the people came together to rebel against the Empire. A Jedi would just distract from that. And the events so far are too low-key to draw the explicit attention of Vader or the Emperor. They don't run after every tiny problem there is. Even in Rogue One Vader was only called in when something big was happening.

And thank god they didn't make Chirrut a Jedi in Rogue One. The story worked perfectly the way it was, him being a Jedi would have drawn way too much attention to him, and weakened his sacrifice.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And him being of a different force-worshiping Order adds layers to the GFFA. Partly why Rogue One does the best worldbuilding in the Disney era.

17. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    That's a fair point...

pronker likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  19. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
  20. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I swear if they resort to using the Volume's quarry instead...

Darth__Lobot and Watcherwithin like this.
  21. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yep, I would much rather they put their lives at risk than using a totally safe technology in this instance too.

22. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Or they could just scout out a newer, safer location.

Darth__Lobot and Vinylshadow like this.
  23. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Heh.

We've seen the advantages and disadvantages of the Volume throughout Mando, Boba, and Kenobi, and I'm sure Andor could make fine use of it as well, but I'd really rather they stick to their strengths rather than change direction partway through production

I'd even settle for a release delay rather than rushing it due to time constraints, but...well, it depends on costs and contracts, I suppose

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Volume is not at fault for anything looking . Indeed, the best-looking Mando and scenes are shot entirely in the Volume (The Child), and some of the worst are shot on-location or on set (The Tragedy). It’s directors and DPs who determine how good something looks or not. Including in the Volume. Just ask Greig Fraser.

And yet fans have weirdly just…manufactured this critique of The Volume. It’s quite astonishing.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's almost like people outside of the industry have little to no idea how the stuff they watch is made or something and just cling onto the few aspects they know about and go "see! i watched a youtube, i recognize filmsmaking!"