main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The First Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Well it looks like the tri-county borders wins for the first meeting. I think what we should do is rotate meetings between the dayton/tri-county area to be fair to everyone. I will send word to the powers that be that we have our first official meeting scheduled! It is done then...Sunday, February 2nd at 7pm our first official meeting will be held at the Borders by the tri-county mall.

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It's all posted on FF Main. :) Thanks for getting the info to me in a timely fashion.

Have a great time too!

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I will definitely be there!!

4. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I will be there as well.

5. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    What is the total amount of people showing up for this meeting at borders? We need at least three, right?

6. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    As of right now, it's Auditor, 2 of my other friends that like Star Wars, Space is planning on coming and might bring a friend and myself.

7. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Ludo, are you planning on attending the sunday meeting?

8. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    There could be alot more people coming. I've been getting some good response from recruiting efforts I've been making.

9. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I'm in Dayton but will not be attending. Not when I have to drive to Cincinnati to attend a Dayton FF meeting.

[image=http://www.mapquest.com/mqproxy/3e372098-000c0-02275-400c2527]

Borders Books & Music
    11711 Princeton Pike
    Cincinnati, OH 45246 US
    Phone: 513.671.5852
    Fax: 513.671.8902

45 MILES!!!! and I'm in the middle of Dayton. I really hope we get some other people FROM Dayton so we can have a meeting that's actually for Dayton members and not just people that don't like the Cincy group. I know! Let's have the Indianapolis meeting HERE in DAYTON! Yeah, that's the ticket.

All right now that I've had my wild, screaming, flailing arms, kicking and screaming, throat raw from yelling, fit I'd like to just examine this from a rational standpoint.

The Cincy group is a fine bunch of people. I've met them. Who else has? AJ is not a power hungry war monger. He wants everyone to have fun just as much as the next guy. If you meet these people you'll know too. Internet posting hardly reflect what a person is like, because it's so unpersonal.

If you're going to have a DAYTON FF meeting at least have it IN Dayton. If I wanted to drive to Cincy for a meeting I'd go to the Cincy meeting.

That's my piece. You guys have fun.

10. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I completely understand your point about the meetings being in Dayton. The next meeting will be in Dayton and hopefully after that, the meetings will all be held in Dayton. Unfortunately right now most of the people in the Dayton Fanforce live further south. I have been aiming my recruiting efforts and will continue to do so in aiming to attract Dayton fans. Just be patient for a little while until I can get more people, But don't worry...The future meetings will be held in Dayton.

11. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Thank you for those nice words corran and I'm glad you had fun at the Super Bowl party...seriously though things really have worked themselves out, and I don't think that not liking the Cincy FF is the ONLY reason the Dayton group was started, and if it was a part of the reason that is really irrevelent now and I am wishing you all the best of luck with your new FF!

12. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I have hope that the next meetings will be in Dayton. Meetings need to be held in the chapter they are named after. It's fine to have one once in awhile outside, but the majority need to be there. If you need to set up another city name, let me know.

13. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I was excited to hear that Dayton was gaining a FanForce, but disappointed to see that the meetings are in CINCY! I was hoping the meetings would be closer, ,and even better for me, somewhere on the north side of Dayton. I live basically in the middle of nowhere in west central Ohio. Dayton FanForce would be closer than Columbus for me, but not when Dayton is really Cincy.

I am really disappointed I won't be able to attend.

14. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

I agree........ I honestly was happy to see a Dayton FF start up, but not if it's an off-shoot of the Cincy one. That just doesn't seem right to me......

I'll be more than happy to attend a meeting in Dayton, but I don't know about driving all the way to Tri-County.... Especially since I have no rapport with any of you yet...... Nothing personal. I would love to meet you all.... but a Dayton FF needs to be centered on Dayton.

15. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Don't forget there's a meeting tonight!

16. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Hello everyone, I can't attend tonights meeting because I have to meet my grad school group tonight at 7:30. Please fill me in on all the details of how the meeting went and how many people attended? Thanks, peace out!

17. SITH_L_MAUL

SITH_L_MAUL Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    I had a great time at the meeting. I definetely wanna come to the next one. Sean had alot of great ideas. I hope that more people show up at the next one though, we only had 4 people at this one. Keep up the awesome job you're doing Sean and i'll try to do my part as well. Peace out my Jedi brothers and sisters.

18. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The first meeting was a great 1st meeting. There was only 4 of us, but we covered alot of ground. We talked about the title of our fanforce, and we all liked this one.."Fellowship Of The Jedi Order of Dayton". We discussed ideas for future recruiting efforts, future activities and road trips to meet and be involved with other fanforces. I have got a great feeling about our future as a fanforce, And I am very proud to be associated with such a great group of Star Wars fans. May the Force be with you all.

19. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Weren't those peanut butter cookies we had at Border's delicious! MMMM, They were so good. Oh yeah, the meeting was cool too lol. I hope to meet more of you at the next meeting, I already knew these guys. Keep up the good work honey, you are a natural leader.

20. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Fellowship Of The Jedi Order of Dayton...that's got a nice ring to it!

It's not a system I'm familiar with
    I don't know much about the Dayton/Cincinnati area...but you really need to keep meetings in the Dayton area (as much as possible) if you want to attract more people from the area. We've always tried to encompass both the Cleveland/Akron areas (Akron is close enough that many consider it "a glorified suburb")

21. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The next meeting is in Dayton, as will all official meetings in the future. And thank you for the compliment on our name, I thought it summed up what we are...A fellowship of friends and equals brought together by one common interest...Star Wars.

22. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Congrats on your first meeting, sounds like it went over well! I wish you all continued success!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.